Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, I hate to agree with you here, but you for the most part nailed it. I don't mind Natasha's wooden delivery as I've always viewed it as deadpan because she's so relaxed and comfortable in dangerous situations. Think about her on the phone at the beginning of Avengers about to be tortured. Everything else, you are spot on. I'll still pay the $30 to watch it on Disney+ but only because I'm a huge Avengers and Widow fan...

I'm a fan of Widow in some of her comic runs and in some of the MCU -- I love the super-spy thing. But IMO the deadpan, dry wit of 00-Widow is replaced in that trailer by ... it's like a bad Whedon impression or something. It's just a couple of sisters nagging each other. I get what they were going for but it seems the MCU is more and more cartoon-y and that's saying something for this partcular franchise :lol ... I don't like judging films before I've seen them but that trailer has me shook in a bad way.

at least her hair is pulled back. Don't want bed head theres-something-about-mary-hair-gel-cameron-diaz.jpg

:lol :lol :lol @ Jye

If that gets deleted yet spammers and scammers galore freely blast all over this forum I'll get very angry...they wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Marvel ain’t dumb they were smart for not going with that comic version you posted because audiences would be like:

Wait Ghost Rider is the villain I thought he was a hero wait is that Nicholas Cage lol

I couldn't care less about F9, but it was encouraging to see that, when tickets went on sale for it this week, they are doing Thursday night preview showings again. I only hope this carries over to Black Widow. By the time it's released, it will be over two years since I've visited the MCU theatrically. It's time.

I couldn't care less about F9, but it was encouraging to see that, when tickets went on sale for it this week, they are doing Thursday night preview showings again. I only hope this carries over to Black Widow. By the time it's released, it will be over two years since I've visited the MCU theatrically. It's time.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

My first theatrical viewing was supposed to be Godzilla versus Kong and thank the maker I didn’t go and watch that abomination and saw it on HBO max instead so a A Quiet Place 2 ended up being my first theatrical visit in 16 months (since Sonic lol) and I thought it was just OK but I am now looking forward to BW the most.

It’s going to suck though I know it :gah:

F9's second week in China was disastrous. Some are speculating that it could be the result of Chinese movie goers fearing to go support a John Cena project which could lower their Social Credit score due to his off-hand comment about Taiwan being a nation. Then after he bent the knee and licked the Communist Party's boots with a public apology posted in Mandarin (which I'm sure he wrote, lol) it remains to be seen if there will then be a backlash here for him sucking up to Communists.

Or maybe F9 just sucks and people are finally moving on from that series, lol.

Back