Black Hole StormTrooper PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Blackhole Stormtrooper Premium Format Figure includes a unique feature available nowhere else: The Blackhole Stormtrooper is an Exclusive Release from Sideshow Collectibles

In other words there's no regular version?

If you live in the US, it will not be made available to ADs (similiar to the Mythos line). My guess is those who live outside of the US will be able to order it from their usual dealer.

I have decided to stick with having my second white stormie repainted glossy black. I will still get this down the road when the price is more reasonable.

I'm getting really tired of Sideshow expecting us to pony up this kind of money for "Limited Edition" items that are available for months/years and offering no discounts whatsoever. Oh, wait a minute, they will send me a $20 coupon code next week to try to clear out the glut of product they haven't sold yet :cuckoo:

Yes, I too am sick of SS forcing me to buy statues of characters I don't want for prices i refuse to pay. It is an outrage that I am forced to purchase this fig. I am seriously considering thinking about perhaps not buying this fig.

Yes, I too am sick of SS forcing me to buy statues of characters I don't want for prices i refuse to pay. It is an outrage that I am forced to purchase this fig. I am seriously considering thinking about perhaps not buying this fig.

Wow someone finally understands me! :1-1: :goodpost:

The shot people say in here. The reality is if its something that I must have in my collection I buy it. If it's 299, 399, 499. It will be mine.... Somehow. I sometimes can't believe I even pay what I pay for these figs sometimes. But I like them so I buy. No sense in *****ing. IMO.

I'm going to order this once some of my recent rewards points go through. I think it looks pretty cool, and considering I'm knocking over half the price off the hike won't bother me much. It doesn't hurt that I'm focusing my collection on OT era stuff; This would look nice next to the Stormtrooper, Scout, Snowtrooper, and the inevitable Sandy.

If you're a trooper collector it would be a great display having them all including this one. The fact that it's the exact same body from the white trooper is what bothers me. I remember back when Masters of the Universe started doing this with Beastman, Merman and a half dozen He-Man repaints.

This post

is excellent sir! :lecture

I just don't get why SS just don't work with the retailers to get thier products into more shops. I mean isn't it business and it's more money with more buyers? I do know they are very tough on retailers as I spoken to a few owners. It's a very strict and tough policy to deal with them. I just don't get why not be more friendly and work with the retailers? It would be a win, win for everyone. :dunno

More retailers carrying the lines means higher ES's which I thought you were against. :dunno

I think i said earlier in this thread how disappointed i was with SSC regarding this BlackHole Stormie. It seems such a lack of thought and effort has gone into such a desireable figure in that they literally used the same pose, the same sculpt and the same base even of the original white stormie.

I'll go as far as saying i think that SSC should have designed at least 2 or 3 more white Stormies but with all different poses to snazz up our displays...i have 2 of the white stormies and the only way you can make them look slightly different from one another is by moving their heads in different directions...it is upsetting that SSC didnt do this...i do believe that there would be enough interest in white stormies in different poses dont you think?

As far as the price goes on the BlackHole Stormie, it feels like daylight robbery and to rub salt in the wounds the paint app is done in matte black and dont even get me started on the horrendous battle damage!:slap i was hoping for a more gloss black effect but hey ho...an easy pass for me. With 2 white Stormies already in my collection i dont see the logic in paying another $359 just to have it painted black...

To echo what others have insinuated, maybe just don't buy it... :slap

Its not so much the fact as to if i want to buy it or not. I'm of the impression that it would have been nice for all of us as collectors had SSC thought a little more about the design and maybe come up with a few more pose possibilties or how about even adding some attachable hands that would make up a different pose...i'm sure the majority of people here would prefer to have different poses rather than 2 or 3 stormies in their collection all looking the same?

Its not so much the fact as to if i want to buy it or not. I'm of the impression that it would have been nice for all of us as collectors had SSC thought a little more about the design and maybe come up with a few more pose possibilties or how about even adding some attachable hands that would make up a different pose...i'm sure the majority of people here would prefer to have different poses rather than 2 or 3 stormies in their collection all looking the same?

:exactly::goodpost:

Back