Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're way too sensitive, Tom Day. I'm the one who called "your comment" nasty previously and I deliberately left it at that. Not sure how you believe you've been racked over the coals. If you want to see someone racked over the coals time and time again, you should read your own comments when you post. You seem to be able to give scathing criticism but can't take even the slightest comment against you. Come on, toughen up. You made one comment I felt was particularly nasty so I called it out. I'm sorry you took it so personally. Hopefully you're not going to be mad at me for this comment now too.

I'm sorry you got the nose rub, but that seems par for the course. Should be no surprise, especially to you.

I truly wish you got a good figure, Tom. Truly. And I hope you can get your money back on return. I got no axe to grind with you, but felt taunted to address my "nasty" comment (since you mentioned it twice above). If you can't return it, your nose rub looks fairly small -- maybe you can do touch-up paint. I know you shouldn't have to -- but then I shouldn't have to swap bodies on HT figures, or buy a new dress for Leia, or any of the many things we all do in this hobby in the pursuit of perfection.

I'd still be curious how you feel about the rest of this figure once you get passed this. I also wish you got Goldfinger and Oddjob because they are really terrific (assuming no nose rub).

Sorry. It upset me because I respect you, and it kind of played on my mind. Lets move on.

The good:
1. Excellent sculpt.
2. Head isn't too large in hand.
3. Great accessories, especially the pencil and heel transmitter.
4. Classy stand, although it's staying in the box because I only use oval stands

The bad:
1. The body is just awful. It's been designed to have DROOPY MAN-BREASTS WITH ERECT NIPPLES - WTF? Shoulders too wide, neck goes in too far, legs and shoulders floppy. Instant body swap, except you can't swap it because the suit has been tailored too closely to the useless body.
2. No one thinks the suit is going to look like a Yunsil, but the fact is the shoulders are too narrow. The large chest makes Bond look like a thin man with a weird paunch. He looks top heavy. The elasticated tie is awful. The worst aspect of the suit other than the narrow shoulders is the waistcoat. It looks okay on its own but the material is very thick, the fasteners are too thick, and its very stiff. It could be that it would look better if the body had a slimmer chest but its hard to tell.
3. Packaging is uninspired, the card feels cheap, even the plastic feels cheap - more Milk Tray than Hot Toys - and its also pretty wasteful being too large.
4. The paint is all a bit ho hum but not terrible - what makes it bad is that the red accented skin combined with those light, twinkling eyes makes Bond look like a jolly uncle at a family party. Making them darker, as Raymond did, is the way to go.

Someone mentioned being able to fix the nose rub at home. While I'm good at kitbashing I can't paint to save my life, and trying to paint over the nose rub would just highlight it.

Yeah the body from what i read and see is pathetic- too bad as it's the basic base all good figures are built on- so it fails. I'm just pissed they used such crap as their foundation

Sorry. It upset me because I respect you, and it kind of played on my mind. Lets move on.

First of all, you should never respect me. :)

I'm complimented all the same.

Anyway, Greggo said he'd send you a replacement head, but if you want to try to paint (for fun) I think you could get some dark flesh tone at an art store that would likely match pretty close as an option.

Sorry to hear about the floppy body. I know that is annoying, hate it myself. I didn't have that issue with mine. All in all, I see many here share your points. For me, my only real nits are the hand-painted eyes and the narrow shoulders.

Of course now after Ray's paintwork on the head I'm itching to do the same (only I have to pay someone to do it -- god, where did my paint skills go?).

I’m finally getting mine on Thursday and looking forward to modding it. I have my painted up Rocco & BBKill sculpts at the ready as well as a few body options to try. Hoping something will fit right enough for my own liking :pray:

Nice paint job Ray, shows off the sculpt brilliantly.

Those eye's looking up make Bond look very, um, satisfied - captured right at the "Oh James" moment. :lol

Here's my Connery, a work in progress. As yet unfutzed, I wanted to see how it looked on a HT body with the Yunsil shirt and tie. It's on a clone narrow shoulder TT without any modifications, and I personally think the suit fits pretty well. Still lots of work to do on it yet though!

DSC_4539sm.jpg

I got me one of those Toys City grey suits now, just need to find me a good body to plonk the sculpt on, any suggestions? I really hope BCS learn some lessons from their first Bond fig and do something about the bodies, tailoring and paint app on the next Bonds. Oh and bag their heads up Dexter style so we don't get another nose rub fiasco. Personally I think this forum is a good R&D source for BCS. :exactly:

mistercuff, how'd you modify the Connery head to fit the narrow TT? Did you cut the neck to shorten properly?

When I took the head off the BCS body the bottom part which the ball joint fits into stayed behind, Just the actual sculpt came off. The neck is hollow so it can sit over the HT ball connector. At the moment is stuck on over the HT ball joint with blu tak. I’ll have to cut the neck down at some point to fit it in a proper HT connector, but the blu tak works temporarily while I get a feel for how it all fits.

When I took the head off the BCS body the bottom part which the ball joint fits into stayed behind, Just the actual sculpt came off. The neck is hollow so it can sit over the HT ball connector. At the moment is stuck on over the HT ball joint with blu tak. I’ll have to cut the neck down at some point to fit it in a proper HT connector, but the blu tak works temporarily while I get a feel for how it all fits.

Looks on point as it is in that picture. Hope you will let us all know about how much you cut off from the neck. Take pictures if you can. Thanks.

One thing I've noticed while trying to make he body acceptable is that a lot of the screws which hold eye body together are stripped. Why is that? Cheap screws?

Scruff,

Did you repaint the head at all? With that shirt and tie and body swap, that actually looks all right.

Yeah- I would like my looks like that one.Even neck length looks spot on.
Could you make pic of head out of body?To see bottom of neck?My sculpt looks like one peace neck...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Has anyone here starting discussing the Roger Moore Live and Let Die figure yet? I went back and didn't see anything yet and gave up.

Asking because the long ass crotch on his pants are bugging me. Wondering what others think about it.

I think somewhere is separate thrade for LALD , but I'm not sure

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Has anyone here starting discussing the Roger Moore Live and Let Die figure yet? I went back and didn't see anything yet and gave up.

Asking because the long ass crotch on his pants are bugging me. Wondering what others think about it.

Personally I think I will go down the route of getting a BCS Moore sculpt, then getting a tux suit, I am not that bothered about the L&LD black polo shirt look. I think the tux is more iconic to all the Bonds. I am wondering how easy it will be to get hold of the head just separate? Will have to wait and see.
The BCS Moore sculpt looks very promising.

Last edited:
Back