Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost Buttons:

Hello, I got all three Goldfinger (First Edition) figures here in germany in very safe and good conditioned parcels on last Saturday.

For the lost Buttons:
If you bought the "First Edition" Figures, take a look under the following Spare parts and you will find bags with replacement pegs for the hands AND some replacement buttons for the West/Jacket of the indiidual Figure:

Bond: take a look under the small plastic case with the Walther PPK inside

Goldfinger: take a look under the small plastic case with the Gloves +Riding Cap inside

Oddjob: take a look under the small plastic case for his second, steelframed Hat

Ths is JUST a tipp for the "First Edition", NOT the "Limited Edition"- Figures.
Maybe they also have some replacement buttons inside a replacement Peg-bag -don´t know.

All in all, I'm very happy and excited about these fantastic produced characters and their really great head sculpts. I personally see NO problems with "bubble" heads or missproportions. In my "subjective" opinion they are absolutely true to scale and right and ... pick up all the individual actor faces in perfect shape, ... on all three figures.

My characters are also not faultless, because I also have rubbed colour on the Noses of Goldfinger and Bond. In addition, i have the problem on all three figures that their leg joints in the hip area can not be moved. So the figures can´t sit down on a chair or something like this - silly?! But these three Goldie Guys are my first BCS action figures and i do not know if that's normal for BCS characters or a production error. But if I read all the previous threads on issues with the Bond characters here, I´ll be sure to find a fix in cooperation with the BCS guys.

Otherwise I love the beautifully tailored suits and all the lovely designed accessories. And small problems" like the silly folds in Goldfinger's pants can be easily fixed with some inside putted foam.

In my opinion, BCS did a really good job and built me three figures I've been waiting for for more than 20 years. I've been a model builder, collector and fan of movies, fantasy-, spy- and sci-fi merchandising for over 50 years. Over this time, I have seen a whole bunch of "good-intentioned", but in the end badly produced, faulty items for fans and nerds. So you can quickly upset me with mega damn crap that I'll never buy anything from you again.

BCS did not do any of that with this three Bond characters -they satisfied me fully, so that i also assume at this point that I will find a solution for the above mentioned mistakes in my characters with them in a personal dialog.

At moment, I'll take my Hat off to them and thank them for bringing me these crazy dwarwen Bond characters - especially the really awesome, damned bastard Goldfinger, whose face is full of soulless greed for gold. I´m sure the rest will be clarified with the BCS people in the New Year so that they will have some quiet Christmas days. From my subjective point of view, they deserve it.

P.S: really really hope they´ll do also a Thunderball JETPACK-Bond!

P.P.S - and before further questions: No, i´m no Member, Staff/Employee/family guy from BCS!)

Lost Buttons:

Hello, I got all three Goldfinger (First Edition) figures here in germany in very safe and good conditioned parcels on last Saturday.

For the lost Buttons:
If you bought the "First Edition" Figures, take a look under the following Spare parts and you will find bags with replacement pegs for the hands AND some replacement buttons for the West/Jacket of the indiidual Figure:

Bond: take a look under the small plastic case with the Walther PPK inside

Goldfinger: take a look under the small plastic case with the Gloves +Riding Cap inside

Oddjob: take a look under the small plastic case for his second, steelframed Hat

Ths is JUST a tipp for the "First Edition", NOT the "Limited Edition"- Figures.
Maybe they also have some replacement buttons inside a replacement Peg-bag -don´t know.

All in all, I'm very happy and excited about these fantastic produced characters and their really great head sculpts. I personally see NO problems with "bubble" heads or missproportions. In my "subjective" opinion they are absolutely true to scale and right and ... pick up all the individual actor faces in perfect shape, ... on all three figures.

My characters are also not faultless, because I also have rubbed colour on the Noses of Goldfinger and Bond. In addition, i have the problem on all three figures that their leg joints in the hip area can not be moved. So the figures can´t sit down on a chair or something like this - silly?! But these three Goldie Guys are my first BCS action figures and i do not know if that's normal for BCS characters or a production error. But if I read all the previous threads on issues with the Bond characters here, I´ll be sure to find a fix in cooperation with the BCS guys.

Otherwise I love the beautifully tailored suits and all the lovely designed accessories. And small problems" like the silly folds in Goldfinger's pants can be easily fixed with some inside putted foam.

In my opinion, BCS did a really good job and built me three figures I've been waiting for for more than 20 years. I've been a model builder, collector and fan of movies, fantasy-, spy- and sci-fi merchandising for over 50 years. Over this time, I have seen a whole bunch of "good-intentioned", but in the end badly produced, faulty items for fans and nerds. So you can quickly upset me with mega damn crap that I'll never buy anything from you again.

BCS did not do any of that with this three Bond characters -they satisfied me fully, so that i also assume at this point that I will find a solution for the above mentioned mistakes in my characters with them in a personal dialog.

At moment, I'll take my Hat off to them and thank them for bringing me these crazy dwarwen Bond characters - especially the really awesome, damned bastard Goldfinger, whose face is full of soulless greed for gold. I´m sure the rest will be clarified with the BCS people in the New Year so that they will have some quiet Christmas days. From my subjective point of view, they deserve it.

P.S: really really hope they´ll do also a Thunderball JETPACK-Bond!

P.P.S - and before further questions: No, i´m no Member, Staff/Employee/family guy from BCS!)
Legs are movable.Just need to use bit more strength at first time.But of course don't broke it ;)

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

I think with proper fuzting - the jacket lapels really need to be ironed to flatten them down a bit and the shoulders need to be pushed up - it doesn't need a new body. MAYBE a little padding on the thighs. Once everything properly settled - collar, jacket, shoulders hiked - it looks great and proportional.

Wow, amazing pic and futzing there.

The only issue I had was trying to get the left hand in pocket look. I couldnt find a hand that fit great. Is the best hand for this the left he came wearing that holds the pen???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You could just take the hand off and put the wrist peg in his pocket.

Great picture Comatoast! I'd love to see someone take a photo of Bond pointing the gun at the camera.

Gang

Rather than wait for your replacement
you can easily fix your nose rub with
A Q tip and a light wash touch up

Before

3B207B7A-5169-40F7-9A43-3E7AD1DDE034.jpg

After

E782D4BA-AC69-4EBC-9035-A1688EE3468C.jpg

Great pictures as always, Comatoast.

Dieselpunk2: thanks for the info about the spare buttons. I have to check now. But that's very thoughtful.

YMBA: glad you found the button. :)

I found the button

Thanks guys

The oddJ suit is losing the button now inside the vest
as the stiching is falling apart.. Arggh

Yea the quality of the suits are not that Great

Maybe I am just spoiled with Yunsil /Iris

Anybody heard directly from BIG Chief yet about the replacement procedure?
I have. I don't think any of the information provided to me is private so I'll post Big Chief Studios response below:

Many thanks for sending through the images and apologies that the item you have received has faulty parts.

The initial shipment of stock has all been allocated out to cover customer pre-orders and as such we do not currently have spare stock to cover replacements.

Our replacement parts have shipped from China with the second shipment of figures. These are scheduled to arrive on 8th January 2018. We will begin to progress any replacement parts from that date.

Please retain your figure and we shall send out your replacement parts once they are available.

I have. I don't think any of the information provided to me is private so I'll post Big Chief Studios response below:
What means "please RETAIN your figure"?
Return?We need to send all set-the box- to send back to BC now?

Retain means hold onto. Do not return.
Thanks, Mr.E!So- no need to send back anything?There is no mistake with this word?We'll just get spare, no demage paintup head in January?Greggo?

Back