Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Especially at $250 plus a piece, this type of thing should not be happening. I think an official statement by Big Chief is required at this point to be honest. Make this right.

HT level with paint rubs prior to opening... Yeah...

That has nothing to do with the paint level quality but the inferior packaging design. It’s a beautiful box, but the interior just wasn’t designed to protect the face like HT does.

I do agree we shouldn’t be seeing this kind of an issue at this price point.

About the big head issue, I think that's not the case but more of body proportions. In that suit, as with most other suits that Connery wore, there's always been the impressive shoulder width that was distinct with Connery, unmatched until Daniel Craig came along, which I wonder can be remedied in this figure with padding? I'm just afraid that there won't be room for it. I'm away so I won't get to see my figure till New Years.
Goldfinger-Suit.jpg
Check out the large surface area of the jacket from the lapels to the shoulders. Compare with Gido's photo:
4d1f248afb3415f0136f23d8e5770a7c.jpg

Last edited:
My sets are arriving tomorrow and I can give you guys my
Opinion

What I see so far is again the Connery suit is
the weak link

The only way to get the suit shoulder to be crisp
(it does not have to be Yunsil level ) or at least
To A Tolerable level might be too just swap the body to a slim
Or a Coulson body. The current BC body might
be very well be the wrong body for the suit.
I am going to swap my body out when I get my Connery

53452154-7A87-443A-9917-930DF2746F1C.jpeg
Here is my Yunsil suit in comparison
with no futzing

Last edited:
About the big head issue, I think that's not the case but more of body proportions. In that suit, as with most other suits that Connery wore, there's always been the impressive shoulder width that was distinct with Connery, unmatched until Daniel Craig came along, which I wonder can be remedied in this figure with padding? I'm just afraid that there won't be room for it. I'm away so I won't get to see my figure till New Years.
View attachment 383090
Check out the large surface area of the jacket from the lapels to the shoulders. Compare with Gido's photo:
View attachment 383091
Here is no futzing at all and on pics figure looks in weird way very different from how it looks in life, but shoulders of jacket could be wider.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

My sets are arriving tomorrow and I can give you guys my
Opinion

What I see so far is again the Connery suit is
the weak link

The only way to get the suit shoulder to be crisp
(it does not have to be Yunsil level ) or at least
To A Tolerable level might be too just swap the body to a slim
Or a Coulson body. The current BC body might
be very well be the wrong body for the suit.
I am going to swap my body out when I get my Connery

View attachment 383100
Here is my Yunsil suit in comparison
with no futzing
Need to say-I forgot how great it fit.

Greggo reported that paint rubs aren't widespread.

He might be right. I think I recall one person here saying that they received an unblemished sculpt.

I can’t believe that is true when 4/3 of my heads had the issue. Those odds would have to be astronomical if this isn’t a widespread issue.

Just ordered Oddjob directly from the chiefs, fingers crossed for no nose rub.
Wish I could have them all, but had to pick one...

I might try a body swap if that makes the suit look better, as people have pointed out, Connery was quite broad shouldered. If anyone comes up with a perfect body, be sure to spread the good word.

Is possible to take out the head?It looks like it will be not easy.

Its a narrow shoulder issue NOT an over-sized head issue.

Here, does the BCS Bond head look large in this line-up?

No, but with all due respect, almost all of those figures are by Sideshow where the figures had larger heads!

I'm sure you're right and it's a narrow shoulder issue - would be good to see Bond on a bigger body if the suit fits. As I said, my impressions are only based on photos, I'm not going to 'judge' this figure until I have it in hand ('all rise for Judge Day! The Action Figure Supreme Court is in session!').

Got a reply from Terry at BCS who said replacement heads will arrive by them on January 8 and they will begin shipping replacements at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t believe that is true when 4/3 of my heads had the issue. Those odds would have to be astronomical if this isn’t a widespread issue.

He was categorical to the point of being snappy when stating that it wasn't a widespread issue. This is why I don't altogether trust BCS.

Credit where credit is due, all three figures are looking very good indeed, but the nose rub thing needs to be dealt with honestly. One explanation is that the heads didn't dry properly before being packaged, and that was because they were rushing to get them out on time for Christmas - that's a charitable explanation of what happened, and hopefully they will deal with it. No one wanted BCS to get the license but having seen some positive results, everyone wants them to make more - the goodwill is there. I hope they don't squander that goodwill by coming on here and attacking people, or I think it really will start turning into a Gilbert/Sears style situation.

Sorry, Rambler ,But does he said do we'll send all set to change, or it will be just sculpt then?

Got a reply from Terry at BCS who said replacement heads will arrive by them on January 8 and they will begin shipping replacements at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does Terry wrote how replacement will be done?Do we send back all box, or just hs?

Hi Tom

Sorry if you thought it was snappy that was not the intention at all, but I can honestly say it’s not a wide spread issue despite what you may see on here. Honestly we have worked out what has been shipped, received and opened to how many issues with nose rubs. Plus checking current stock and It’s currently less than 5%. Yes we are not happy with that percentage and it shouldn’t even be an issue but sadly it is. As I have said previously we will replace all nose rubs. It’s something the factory has agreed to replace and sort out. All will be replaced. All the heads were QC before being packed, they were completed weeks before the figures were fully assembled which means they were dry before being packed. The factory is looking into the issue.

Thanks

He was categorical to the point of being snappy when stating that it wasn't a widespread issue. This is why I don't altogether trust BCS.

Credit where credit is due, all three figures are looking very good indeed, but the nose rub thing needs to be dealt with honestly. One explanation is that the heads didn't dry properly before being packaged, and that was because they were rushing to get them out on time for Christmas - that's a charitable explanation of what happened, and hopefully they will deal with it. No one wanted BCS to get the license but having seen some positive results, everyone wants them to make more - the goodwill is there. I hope they don't squander that goodwill by coming on here and attacking people, or I think it really will start turning into a Gilbert/Sears style situation.

Last edited:
Back