Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Big Chief had a lot of issues and were overpriced, but I am a bit sad we won’t be getting any more official Bond releases for the foreseeable future. Even though I had to switch the suit out meaning I paid WAY too much for a headsculpt, accessories, and a mediocre body lol, I do like the Dr. No Connery.

6FEB1F1B-496A-499E-9B6F-3CAE551894B5.jpeg

3rd party-wise Mars teased their line but that seems…at least 3-5 years off?

Bummer, so much potential for a deep line of Bond figures. I imagine another hurdle/annoyance will be that any newcomer to the Bond license will probably want to kick it off with the most popular, marketable iterations, which means putting out their own version of ones we’ve already seen done before rather than jumping off from where a previous company left off. That pushes “new” figures even further out, and then if the line fizzles out again at the early stages, it’s rinse and repeat for the next company. Hopefully I’m wrong though!

Last edited:
Nice picture.

Undoubtedly, we'll get another set of Goldfinger characters -- though it would be only the 2nd iteration of Goldfinger himself. I would hope they would be wise and do The Spy Who Loved Me as their 2nd effort -- new Bond, and his best nemesis, Jaws.

After that, have at it. Personally, I'm old school, and would love anything from the Connery era -- Grant, Klebb, Largo, Blofeld.

I'd also love a Nick Nack from the Moore era.

Nothing interests me in Dalton or Brosnan's run -- though I know for many of you, that is your Bond era. Dalton had completely forgettable villains and Brosnan only had one or two -- Onatopp and that albino Asian guy with the diamonds in his face is all I truly remember.

I would however get into the Craig line, with Le Chiffre, Silva and Blofeld.

I know Big Chief had a lot of issues and were overpriced, but I am a bit sad we won’t be getting any more official Bond releases for the foreseeable future. Even though I had to switch the suit out meaning I paid WAY too much for a headsculpt, accessories, and a mediocre body lol, I do like the Dr. No Connery.

View attachment 670499

3rd party-wise Mars teased their line but that seems…at least 3-5 years off?

Bummer, so much potential for a deep line of Bond figures. I imagine another hurdle/annoyance will be that any newcomer to the Bond license will probably want to kick it off with the most popular, marketable iterations, which means putting out their own version of ones we’ve already seen done before rather than jumping off from where a previous company left off. That pushes “new” figures even further out, and then if the line fizzles out again at the early stages, it’s rinse and repeat for the next company. Hopefully I’m wrong though!
:lol Yeah I did the same with my Goldfinger Connery fig. Ive seen a few BCS heads repainted and they look top class. BCS could never seem to get the tailoring or the production paint right for their figs. Maybe if they were still in business they would of eventually got it right? I wonder if anyone from BCS will ever dip into this market again?

Nice picture.

Undoubtedly, we'll get another set of Goldfinger characters -- though it would be only the 2nd iteration of Goldfinger himself. I would hope they would be wise and do The Spy Who Loved Me as their 2nd effort -- new Bond, and his best nemesis, Jaws.

After that, have at it. Personally, I'm old school, and would love anything from the Connery era -- Grant, Klebb, Largo, Blofeld.

Nothing interests me in Dalton or Brosnan's run -- though I know for many of you, that is your Bond era. Dalton had completely forgettable villains and Brosnan only had one or two -- Onatopp and that albino Asian guy with the diamonds in his face is all I truly remember.

Alec Trevelyan was pretty good from the Brosnan era. I think that was the start of the happy tradition of Sean Bean dying in just about every film he has appeared in since.

Alec Trevelyan was pretty good from the Brosnan era. I think that was the start of the happy tradition of Sean Bean dying in just about every film he has appeared in since.

He survived The Martian at least.

I was not impressed with Bean at the time, but in hindsight he ended up being the best of Brosnan's Main Villains.

Nice picture.

Thank you! And Yes! I would love a The Spy Who Loved Me Moore and Jaws as well. Connery, Moore, and Craig all have a lot of potential for deep lines. Ultimately though, I would love a full line-up of at least all the Bonds, including Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan. Amongst those three, outside of GoldenEye, I don’t know that any of their films warrant additional figures…
Agreed! Give us 006!

725A43AF-93E4-4C6A-93E6-951A144BEDBF.jpeg

Bond as a franchise in particular would also seem to lend itself well to clothing/accessory packs to cover more looks without going crazy on repetitive figure releases…As a relative newcomer to the hobby, I am not sure why those aren’t more common? It seems like Mars is dabbling with it, or at the very least they give you a few looks in one package which is cool. Like, I wouldn’t buy a Goldfinger poolside powder blue terry cloth onesie as a figure, but would definitely pick it up if it was an a la carte swap-out option lol.

Some of Ken Adam’s sets reimagined as diorama pieces would be a dream too…

I just saw a news story that said don't hold your breath for Bond to be back on the big screen any time soon. Apparently Barbara says they have a lot to do to modernize Bond for his next run, before even beginning to recast.

Sounds like several years at least, especially now that they have licensed that stupid game show for revenue.

So... bring on the unlicensed BOND figures, Mars, please...

WOW, someone on one of the Bond group sites I'm a member of just uploaded some pics of the Big Chief Dalton figure..... DAMN this one would have been righteous!! A great entry that never materialized, but hope whoever the sculptor is will do a release of the head sculpt themselves... I'll be down for a few!!

And their Q looked pretty good as well.....

WHY. DO. DALTON. FANS. ALWAYS. GET. SHAFTED?!

These both look amazing. MARS TOYS, please do direct copies of them.

The more hyped and excited people get about Mars, the more likely it is that Babs will get wind and stamp on them. Unless of course she sees how good they are and offers them a license deal. Let's not forget that Lotus weren't contracted to produce cars for them until an Esprit kept being driven past her Dad's office window. If Mars were canny they could actually end up doing official figures....

WHY. DO. DALTON. FANS. ALWAYS. GET. SHAFTED?!

These both look amazing. MARS TOYS, please do direct copies of them.
Yeah I thought Dalton did a good job in his two outings, It was maybe too much of a change of direction from the Moore years for audiences to accept Dalton as Bond at the time.

Personally I would love to of seen Lewis Collins given a chance at Bond, I think he would of been superb in the role.
Anyone familiar with British Series The Professionals will know what I mean

Anyone Fancy a Ford Capri in 1/6 (y)

Yeah I thought Dalton did a good job in his two outings, It was maybe too much of a change of direction from the Moore years for audiences to accept

No, not at all. The movies were just so rotten bad. Poorly shot, directed, written and choreographed. They looked like bad TV movies. And no memorable plots nor memorable villains. Dalton himself was solid, but there was little else to admire in those very weak two films.

The more hyped and excited people get about Mars, the more likely it is that Babs will get wind and stamp on them. Unless of course she sees how good they are and offers them a license deal. Let's not forget that Lotus weren't contracted to produce cars for them until an Esprit kept being driven past her Dad's office window. If Mars were canny they could actually end up doing official figures....
I'd rather them not. The figures would end up at almost double the price and include far less than they currently are. Mars is currently doing like 2-3 headsculpts with a good number of their figures plus an plethora of accessories. I doubt we'd see that if they became a legit company. I'd rather them stay "3rd Party" while producing figures with official quality.
No, not at all. The movies were just so rotten bad. Poorly shot, directed, written and choreographed. They looked like bad TV movies. And no memorable plots nor memorable villains. Dalton himself was solid, but there was little else to admire in those very weak two films.
Gotta agree. I had never seen the Dalton films before and tried a couple months ago. I fell asleep on the first one. Never made it to the second :lol

Back