Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

That's cool. They tend to sort every problem out eventually,

Today i´ve got a response from the BCS customer support for all my on Friday asked questions for my order (My order WAS first edition "booked, my selfmade order chaos with my card problems is cleared). I´ve got a clear friendly and positive response and now everything is settled. So to this point i am really satisfied with the BCS support service. Thanks BCS!

Put in an order for Bond.
I just want Connery and Craig.

BCS got me squared away, too. I didn't have to make a new order, they just opened up my 'cancelled' First Edition order and allowed me to make the payment through WorldPay again (after getting my bank sorted). Now the long wait.

I have to say the one business day response from BCS is much better than the week+ I've been waiting on with Sideshow right now. What gives? Their customer service used to be unparalleled and now it's sadly unsatisfactory.

Glad to have the billing issues resolved so going forward I should be able to order with ease.

Sideshow's changed in so many ways. Its hardly the company I remember in 2004.

But that's becoming the case for HT now too.

I suppose it happens to everything and everyone given enough time.

BCS got me squared away, too. I didn't have to make a new order, they just opened up my 'cancelled' First Edition order and allowed me to make the payment through WorldPay again (after getting my bank sorted). Now the long wait.

Haha, this will be quite the agonizing wait indeed!

I wonder if we'll see the next figures from this line announced before these arrive or if BCS will hold off. I'm really curious as to where this line will head next.

Would love to know just how many figures BCS sold on its opening PO.

So would I! I hope that Big Chief hits their expectations with these figures as if they underperform, I could see it negatively impacting the number of side characters that we will see in the future.

Definitely hope this release does well - which means it needs to come out well.

While I really appreciate what they've done with Connery, admittedly Brosnan is "my" bond, and that's the one I'll be jumping on when he comes around. But Connery DOES look top notch.

Haha, this will be quite the agonizing wait indeed!

I wonder if we'll see the next figures from this line announced before these arrive or if BCS will hold off. I'm really curious as to where this line will head next.

Well, I'm all in for the Goldfinger Collection, but I'd rather wait until I have the Goldfinger figures in-hand before committing to more. Like Ex-Parrot, I have my concerns. In my head I'm thinking I'll get figures like the prototypes, but it's rare for production paint to match prototype paint. And even when the production paint is fine overall, there can still be significant backlash (see Blitzway Tyler Durden).

I'd have held off on these, but the prospect of licensed Bond figures was too good to pass up (and may be again regardless of paint quality).

It's a shame that there was such a rush of assumed negativity when this was first announced. If not, maybe Greggo would have come in here more often and shared what's in store or where they may be taking the line from here.

I can only hope that given the overall success of the prototypes that perhaps he feels its safe to come visit and tease us with some news.

It's a shame that there was such a rush of assumed negativity when this was first announced. If not, maybe Greggo would have come in here more often and shared what's in store or where they may be taking the line from here.

I can only hope that given the overall success of the prototypes that perhaps he feels its safe to come visit and tease us with some news.

I completely agree with you! It was great seeing Greggo, who had such a big hand in getting these figures made, post in this thread and share his opinions! Unfortunately, I think that the negativity did turn him away from further posting in this thread, but I see that he still checks it pretty frequently, so I hope that he decides to start posting again! Come back Greggo! We don't bite! :lol

Last edited:

I completely agree with you! It was great seeing Greggo, who had such a big hand in getting these figures made, post in this thread and share his opinions! Unfortunately, I think that the negativity did turn him away from further posting in this thread, but I see that he still checks it pretty frequently, so I hope that he decides to start posting again! Come back Greggo! We don't bite! :lol

Yes, Greggo, come back...

In other news, does anyone know if there is a "transaction fee" if you pay thru PayPal?

I just got nailed with a $20 transaction fee for paying thru my BofA credit card. I've never seen that with PayPal. Will do things differently next time.

This may be of interest, I found it on the Bond Lifestyle site:

More to come...

More 1:6 scale Bond figures will be released, and will be focused around the very first Bond films featuring Sean Connery as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 and will include the world-dominating villains, lethal henchmen and intelligent enchanting women of Bond. The highly detailed figures will feature accurate character likenesses, authentically styled hand-tailored costumes and accessories. The range will then be further enhanced and expanded with additional characters from the James Bond film series.

Sounds like BCS will continue with more Connery. So... Blofeld or Dr. No?

How about a figure of the #1 leading lady from Diamonds Are Forever? :naughty

6a00d83451675669e2017d40ca7de0970c.jpg

...In all seriousness, I do enjoy DAF and would very much like to see a Charles Gray Blofeld figure along with figures of some other characters from the movie (Particularly Wint and Kidd!) However, I'm probably about the only person who would! :lol

I wouldn't buy all the Bond girls, but there are a few I'd like on my shelf

honey-ryder.jpg

tatiana-romanova.jpg

DT000583_Gallery-1000x1000.png

natalya-simonova.jpg

famke_janssen_4_20850_537661_n.bmp

vesper.jpg

Back