Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The longer neck makes a huge difference too. Funny you shortened it to lengthen.

But I was actually asking more about the 'cuts' you did to shorten the arms and legs. Just shorter pegs on the legs or did you cut a section out?
Oh right...Yes i cut a few mm off the leg ends themselves, because there's too much ankle showing.
You could disguise it by dropping the pants a tad. But that then gives the illusion of the tunic looking too short.
I cut a few mm off the arm ends as well.

It's a pity BC didn't make those sleeves longer, as after watching the movie again i was surprised at how long they actually were. Along with the long neck, it gave him a very unique look.

DSC_0075.JPG

Yes, he was very serpentine. I have this great lanky body with crazy narrow shoulders that I used uselessly on the Sideshow outfit. I wonder if I can transport that body to BCS' head and hands?

Thanks for the advice. Very much appreciated. I would like to shorten the legs so, as you said, the tunic hangs lower as it should (past his crotch). The arms I might leave.

I hope you don't mind, I made a Before-and-After comparison of your Dr. No... really impressive...

matrix69 Before-After 6-23-22.jpg

I managed to pick up a loose GF Connery sculpt from BC Kitbash Corner. These are supposed to have defects, but the one i got has none that i can see of. Luck of the draw i guess.
The sculpt itself is very nice, but a little too much on the cartoony side. I did repaint the iris of the eyes and darkened up the eye brows. Touched up the Toupee as well:D
The suit i'm using is from VorToys. Not very accurate i know, but it's something akin to what he wears towards the end of GF. It's very well tailored though, given it's price point. I did swap out the shirt as the collar was way too wide around the neck.
Body is a standard HT KO, gun is from DID and the shoes are from SS, with an added coat of clear gloss paint to shine them up.

DSC_0012.JPGDSC_0027.JPGDSC_0045.JPGDSC_0057.JPGDSC_0061.JPG

I managed to pick up a loose GF Connery sculpt from BC Kitbash Corner. These are supposed to have defects, but the one i got has none that i can see of. Luck of the draw i guess.
The sculpt itself is very nice, but a little too much on the cartoony side. I did repaint the iris of the eyes and darkened up the eye brows. Touched up the Toupee as well:D
The suit i'm using is from VorToys. Not very accurate i know, but it's something akin to what he wears towards the end of GF. It's very well tailored though, given it's price point. I did swap out the shirt as the collar was way too wide around the neck.
Body is a standard HT KO, gun is from DID and the shoes are from SS, with an added coat of clear gloss paint to shine them up.

View attachment 592171View attachment 592172View attachment 592173View attachment 592174View attachment 592175
I can't help but feel this sculpt looks more Mr Bean than Mr Bond, at least from a distance. I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. It's clearly Connery, but there's something so peculiar about it - as already confirmed by most - that puts me off. I think it's the raised eyebrow?

Your work does show how shocking BCS' tailoring was, though. That's a fab looking figure right there; Gives me great FRWL vibes and I'm all for it.

I can't help but feel this sculpt looks more Mr Bean than Mr Bond, at least from a distance. I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. It's clearly Connery, but there's something so peculiar about it - as already confirmed by most - that puts me off. I think it's the raised eyebrow?

Your work does show how shocking BCS' tailoring was, though. That's a fab looking figure right there; Gives me great FRWL vibes and I'm all for it.
Yes it's overly cartoony, and the expression they were going for doesn't really work.
It's as if the eyes are smiling but the mouth isn't, which makes it odd looking.
I think a neutral expression would have worked better.

CS.jpg

Then again it could have been worse:D

SCGF.jpg

Last edited:
Great set! Is that an original BBKill on the right or one of the recasted ones? I regrettably sold my BBKill years ago.

Viewing the GF sculpt next to the Dr.No sculpt, it does look a bit odd. The only way i can describe it, is that Sean Connery is doing an impression of Sean Connery.

Out of curiosity, i photoshopped the GF head to have the left eyebrow at a lower angle. Maybe just repainting the eyebrow would improve it. New one on the left, original on the right.

connery.jpg

Last edited:
Great set! Is that an original BBKill on the right or one of the recasted ones? I regrettably sold my BBKill years ago.
I thought it was a recast, as at the time i bought two of them off ebay for 60 euro.

Wor-Gar assured me that's it's an original BBKILL, as it's made of resin and that the recasts were made of plastic.

Out of curiosity, i photoshopped the GF head to have the left eyebrow at a lower angle. Maybe just repainting the eyebrow would improve it. New one on the left, original on the right.

connery.jpg
That' looks better alright. It's a pity they didn't go with that expression.

It would be hard to manipulate it with a repaint though.

Back