Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are Dr No and Bond still scheduled for Feb 2021...?
They should be release in may FB_IMG_1611303099193.jpg

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Well they aren’t big speedy studio. Seems like they’ve been steadily improving since Goldfinger so they should hopefully be worth the wait. I just fear with the slow pace we won’t see even everything teased so for like Q let alone all the Bonds.

Yeah they haven't exactly had the best timing. They finally make all these production line improvements and show off all these cool new figures that get people all excited... and then the pandemic hits and slows everything down to a crawl again. Lol

...so, I ordered the Dr. No Connery Bond last October on Amazon as an impulse purchase after Sir Sean passed away, and it was scheduled for delivery today, January 29th. Then when I woke up this morning the first email I saw was an order cancelation, citing no other detail other than the product became unavailable! WTF!!! Has anyone else ordered from Amazon or the usual retailers and got this canceled or postponed?

...so, I ordered the Dr. No Connery Bond last October on Amazon as an impulse purchase after Sir Sean passed away, and it was scheduled for delivery today, January 29th. Then when I woke up this morning the first email I saw was an order cancelation, citing no other detail other than the product became unavailable!

"Shocking."

Sorry to hear that, though. I really hope this company will make it through this pandemic.

That's really strange about Amazon. Do they have a time limit on their POs?

I just got off the phone with Amazon and the call was ultimately handled by a supervisor, who mentioned that in pre-order situations, Amazon negotiates with the manufacturer/supplier for future availability, but that Big Chief itself ultimately couldn't deliver on the product. They do not offer any workarounds like an automatic reservation should they manage to get said item in stock. The appeal for Amazon to me is the option to have some products delivered to the many Amazon drop-off locations and for collectibles, that eliminates the anxiety of having your figure sitting vulnerably outside your front door, esp. with the foot traffic where I live. Very, very disappointed in light of Amazon's usual high level of product availability and reliability of their promised delivery time frames. I did get a $25 consolation credit, which I suppose I can use to buy a few household gadgets like back-scratchers and electronic fly swatters.

That's really strange about Amazon. Do they have a time limit on their POs?

I just got off the phone with Amazon and the call was ultimately handled by a supervisor, who mentioned that in pre-order situations, Amazon negotiates with the manufacturer/supplier for future availability, but that Big Chief itself ultimately couldn't deliver on the product. They do not offer any workarounds like an automatic reservation should they manage to get said item in stock.

The appeal for Amazon to me is the option to have some products delivered to the many Amazon drop-off locations and for collectibles, that eliminates the anxiety of having your figure sitting vulnerably outside your front door, esp. with the foot traffic where I live.

Very, very disappointed in light of Amazon's usual high level of product availability and reliability of their delivery process and promised delivery time frames. I did get a $25 consolation credit, which I suppose I can use to buy a few household gadgets like back-scratchers and electronic fly swatters.

Last edited:
I got an email from SSC this morning stating my final flex payment for Bond was moving from Feb 15 to Mar 15. I bet it?ll get bumped at least once more.

The scheduled release is May 2021.

Not sure if that is the estimate for when the figure is boxed and ready for distribution or if that is the estimated date to reach the distributors.

...so, I ordered the Dr. No Connery Bond last October on Amazon as an impulse purchase after Sir Sean passed away, and it was scheduled for delivery today, January 29th. Then when I woke up this morning the first email I saw was an order cancelation, citing no other detail other than the product became unavailable! WTF!!! Has anyone else ordered from Amazon or the usual retailers and got this canceled or postponed?

I remember I had this issue many years ago with pre-ordered Stargate novels that never came out on time. I waited then until they were in stock and ordered then. Very annoying.

It’ll be a decade before we see half the Bonds. I just don’t get all the delays. They aren’t HT with too many licenses on their plate. Bond, Dr Who, Flash Gordon, Peaky Blinders. Have any of them had any recent releases either?

This new factory maybe wasn't the best choice after all. Perhaps they (the factory) are booking too much work and BCS is getting squeezed. I mean, approvals must have been done long ago. What else could be holding things up but the factory work? That, or financial issues.

Let's not forget that we don't really know how hard Covid has hit over there, perhaps the factory has been closed and they're playing catch up now it's opened. We just don't know.

Back