Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think BCS not rushing things to get things out for Christmas is a wise move. We all know how that turned out for the Goldfinger figures.

Sadly but not surprisingly I believe that Sean's death may boost sales on the Dr No set (particularly in the asian markets as they seem to really covet figures of departed actors) so holding off may actually help the heath of the line.

I would buy them forever but if I can just get a really nice Dalton, Brosnan and Lazenby sculpt out of big chief I will have a near 15 year goal completed in my collection, and the thing that got me into 1/6 scale in the first place

Was it Sideshow's original line of All The Bonds that pulled you into 1/6th collecting?

It was! my brother was into them before particularly Star Wars and while I liked the odd one like AnH Ben Kenobi I thought they still looked like dolls.

I became mildly intrigued by this forum and stumbled across two things 1) The repaint work of Les Walker and 2) DANGEROUS MAN - a KO Daniel Craig head by loading toys. they both ignited my imagination for what is possible in 1/6 and I conceded to only collect one version of all 6 bonds displayed handsomely and confidently in my living room.

I think it was because as a Mcfarlane or Neca collector or whatever I knew I would never see figurines of the bonds and the thought that I could finally have them was exciting. the quality of there loading toys heads and the Sideshow ones repainted were enough for me to think they could look as good as I wanted (at the time)

then I saw Hot toys Dark Knight offerings and soon realized this was about to be the only scale I collected in. 12 years later and hundreds of 1/6 characters in I've still yet to reach that goal of having all 6 Bonds lol.

It was! my brother was into them before particularly Star Wars and while I liked the odd one like AnH Ben Kenobi I thought they still looked like dolls.

I became mildly intrigued by this forum and stumbled across two things 1) The repaint work of Les Walker and 2) DANGEROUS MAN - a KO Daniel Craig head by loading toys. they both ignited my imagination for what is possible in 1/6 and I conceded to only collect one version of all 6 bonds displayed handsomely and confidently in my living room.

I think it was because as a Mcfarlane or Neca collector or whatever I knew I would never see figurines of the bonds and the thought that I could finally have them was exciting. the quality of there loading toys heads and the Sideshow ones repainted were enough for me to think they could look as good as I wanted (at the time)

then I saw Hot toys Dark Knight offerings and soon realized this was about to be the only scale I collected in. 12 years later and hundreds of 1/6 characters in I've still yet to reach that goal of having all 6 Bonds lol.

You might break the spell if you manage to get all 6 B Bonds.

Ah... Les. He did such amazing work back in the day. I have several repaints/paints from him, including a Sideshow Bond that actually still holds up despite the now caricature direction of the sculpt.

The very first Sideshow figure I ordered was Bond in Thunderball scuba gear. I was so excited by that aquajet display. And thrilled that James Bond was getting figures made.

Sideshow made that rather disappointing line of all the actors who portrayed Bond but the outfits were getting terribly cheap by that point, and the hobby was moving into better detail not less. Now with BCS, perhaps that promise will be fulfilled.

I'm pretty happy with BSC Connery and very happy with their LALD Moore. I'd love a great Craig, but I'm not to tempted by Dalton, Brosnan or Lazenby. But I do love my villains, so a line-up of all the great old villains would be awesome: Grant, Klebb, Largo, Blofeld, Jaws, Nick Nack, Scaramanga, Stromberg, etc. I'm ecstatic to have Goldfinger, Oddjob and now Dr. No at least so far.

Geewhiz Customs posted pictures today showing the outfits for the Dr No figures. Check them out!
38a5d6e58290fac6efca957caf18c09b.jpg

547f9f955ef1a2445504741d678bb12d.jpg

215ae9e9832dec920ad60f0a0eea1e29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that GeeWhiz is allowed to show their participation before BCS can show theirs.

Bond's jacket sleeves look a little full... but nice to see its actually midnight blue; also like the pocket-flaps-in/pocket-flaps-out.

Dr. No's outfit looks good, pants cuffed and the peek of white shirt collar and cuffs, but I've never liked the material they went with. Looks to be too thick. Hope that's not the case in hand.

In any event, I'll be very happy to add these two to my ever-growing BCS Bond line.

I would love to know what officially is coming next after this.

That second Connery sculpt looks pretty damn good, if it makes it through the production process it could be the head to have.

I have my favourite already though, and it's this one that Jeff Yagher did for XO Facto:

roswell-japan_bond-1.jpg

edb07f772fae3be6e3cf.jpeg

The kit is 1/5 and long out of production, but, I managed to snag one.

Interesting that GeeWhiz is allowed to show their participation before BCS can show theirs.

Bond's jacket sleeves look a little full... but nice to see its actually midnight blue; also like the pocket-flaps-in/pocket-flaps-out.

Dr. No's outfit looks good, pants cuffed and the peek of white shirt collar and cuffs, but I've never liked the material they went with. Looks to be too thick. Hope that's not the case in hand.

In any event, I'll be very happy to add these two to my ever-growing BCS Bond line.

I would love to know what officially is coming next after this.

I agree Wor-Gar. I haven?t preorder the Dr No set yet but definitely plan to pick up both figures. Last info seems to indicate Dalton Bond is next

Yeah. But I'd love to see what outfit they have for him and who else will be part of the set.

Good point. I would think a Q figure would fit well because I don?t see them making the villains from the Living Daylights or License to kill.

Yeah. But I'd love to see what outfit they have for him and who else will be part of the set.

Going by the large group photo of BSC products, it's going to be the suit he wore during the opera sniper scene. So he'll probaby come with the Walther WA2000 Sniper Rifle. Would be neat if the collar had velcro on the back, too.

That said, I've always been partial to the casual winter coat outfit he wore during the escape to Austria scenes. My dad used to wear very similar clothing back in the day. But I guess I could customize that outfit if a second headsculpt can be acquired for a justifiable amount.

As for Q, he's probably going to be based on Licence to Kill, which gave him the most significant screen time of the whole franchise and a literal suitcase full of gadgets. Personally, I'd love for him to include the laser polaroid camera and the exploding tooth paste.

Back