Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That speck is in an odd spot but it doesn't bother me any more than the specks on Bond's face.

I little micro-dot of paint would solve that issue a lot faster than waiting for BCS to get you a 3rd head.

Has the paintwork improved at all -- like the eyes -- or is it the same? And how'd you like MI6?

I think the eyes are perhaps a smidge better, but that may just be the individual variance between heads. I don’t think Oddjob’s black spot is going to be the norm either. I think I just got unlucky again as these are very well packed so unless they are packed with issues before shipping, this should end this ordeal for everyone and we can see how BCS does going forward.

I don’t feel there is a huge leap in quality either, so it’s not like those that avoided nosegate are getting a worse paint job in the end. I’m not sure if there will be any clear differences between the two runs really. That actually surprised me as I wasnt expecting them to match up to the originals.

MI6 was exactly what I was expecting, so I came out happy. The MI series has always felt slightly inferior to Bond, but still entertaining.

Good to hear about the heads. Glad they're not better nor inferior.

I enjoyed MI6 too but thought it was way too long for that kind of flick. I can only watch Cruise run for so long.

A and B arrived! And they're beautiful...

heads COMP 1.jpg

Received today the new head has plus and minuses for me the eyes are better the skin is a bit to tanned and the right ear and the nostrils are to dark and the hair is blacker and flat compared to the original. Overall good but not wow E954433A-EF60-47FD-A4A2-129DDEAEF0D7.jpeg91297C84-2CAC-446D-AC82-0665BAF2ABE9.jpegB608B7DD-D83C-455C-A9F0-BFC24DCD3AC3.jpeg451CF9B2-951B-464A-BF27-A3087E349761.jpegE6164D5C-7E3A-4527-8462-50E9DA0CC8D6.jpegA45CD18F-183E-4453-BD52-75BB1BA5ACAD.jpeg4ECD55F7-6868-4AC0-89CF-79D3604FDBDC.jpeg

Those are great pictures, Jaymig!

On Connery, I did notice the flat hair on the new Connery as opposed to the shiny hair on the original, but on mine the older is clearly darker. Also, the eyes are better on the new one -- same style and technique but someone just paid attention this time; they're cleaner and even. The eyebrows are slightly thicker and darker on mine. I didn't notice the darker skin tone.

Goldfinger's eyes look slightly darker -- and again, no change to the painting style but the work is sharper and the iris lines more evenly drawn. His hair is ever so slightly lighter.

head COMP 1.jpg

head COMP 1.jpg

With all these in hand pics, I decided to pop into my office to see if mine had arrived.
I was met at the front office with news that there was a small parcel that had arrived for me during my holiday.
Cool.

Only, nobody seemed to know where it was !!!

Not cool.

I’m sure someone will figure out where it is, and I’ll go back in on Monday.

So far though, these are looking terrific.
I built up a tuxedoed figure to use the rubbed head on. I purchased one of those flesh colored markers mentioned many pages back. Not perfect, but it cleans the rub up reasonably well.

Could anyone tell me what mail carrier these came via? Last time in Australia it was Fedex for the actual figures. Unfortunately BCS have sent the replacement heads to my old address, despite me notifying them of my move before the heads were shipped.

Looks great (and not overly tan).

It really does. I was glad to see it was fairly spot on.

Could anyone tell me what mail carrier these came via? Last time in Australia it was Fedex for the actual figures. Unfortunately BCS have sent the replacement heads to my old address, despite me notifying them of my move before the heads were shipped.

FedEx for me.

I also got my Connery replacement today.DHL courier was quiet anexpected surprise.I can say with no doubts- that new one head is much lighter colored as original was.Quiet accurate, but nose bridge and tip is so bright then I can't understand is there no noserubs )I believe there isn't.)one of nosetrills is black inside, other one they forgot to paint in, but it's not serious issues.I'm just really surprised about so light, not at all tan skin tone.Eyes are more clear, but much too light irises for Connery in my opinion.Anyway- thanks BC for new head!Now I'll display figure with my other guys.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Back