Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

They shared a post from Bond's Facebook page. I noticed today though that they've an ad in the back of Empire magazine about the figures. Time to release some prototype images so we can discuss them and then move on to the critiquing phase, then pre-order.

If I wee them I'd be in no rush to show any pictures after the backlash they got with the announcement. Silly made up James Bond day and all... I'd be feverishly working snd reworking the product until I'd feel it's bound to impress at least the majority.

So far as I could see,apart from somebody debuting a jetpack to go on sale in 2019 at a cost of $200K by flying it over the River Thames,nothing spectacular happened on global James Bond day whatsoever.

Big Chief posted again to say it's Global James Bond Day. With no news.

What a flop.

BC!Give us a Bond figure pic in Bond day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess they didn't have anything to show.

I'll be glad to see even Connerie's sculpt eyes teaser :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nothing for so long time :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I almost don't want them to show anything. The backlash will be monumental unless they overhaul their entire current strategies. Which is unlikely. I want to be wrong I really do. I love Bond. But in this instance I feel the license would be better served in anothet company's hands.

It has now been almost 2 months since it was announced that Big Chief got the Bond license. I'm quite shocked that nothing has been shown yet. At least give us a tiny peek at the head sculpts Big Chief....The suspense is killing me! :lol

Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

I believe they want to show to us finalized , ready to go figures :)Worth to wait !

It's not shocking at all to me. There hasn't been much hype for this purely because of the lack of faith in the company producing the figures.

I believe they want to show to us finalized , ready to go figures :)Worth to wait !
I'm really looking forward to seeing them! I don't think I've ever been this excited for a figure reveal!

It's not shocking at all to me. There hasn't been much hype for this purely because of the lack of faith in the company producing the figures.

I can completely understand that the issues some have had with BCS have put a damper on their excitement for this line. However, I'm still looking forward to seeing what they come up with and I honestly believe that we wouldn't have seen characters like Goldfinger or Oddjob made if another company had received the license. I'm reserving my opinion, until I see the prototypes. :)

Yeah whatever issues BCS might have, it's always fun to see some new Bond sculpts I think. And most of their DW sculpts so far have had some pretty strong likenesses; the problem has always just been with the crappy paintjobs. But they seem to be at least trying to improve on that now, so I'm optimistic.

Yeah whatever issues BCS might have, it's always fun to see some new Bond sculpts I think. And most of their DW sculpts so far have had some pretty strong likenesses; the problem has always just been with the crappy paintjobs. But they seem to be at least trying to improve on that now, so I'm optimistic.
If these come out with 11b Level paint apps with a bit of oomph, I think they would be okay, provided the tailoring is top notch and the price reflects the larger audience.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them! I don't think I've ever been this excited for a figure reveal!

I can completely understand that the issues some have had with BCS have put a damper on their excitement for this line. However, I'm still looking forward to seeing what they come up with and I honestly believe that we wouldn't have seen characters like Goldfinger or Oddjob made if another company had received the license. I'm reserving my opinion, until I see the prototypes. :)

giphy.gif

It has now been almost 2 months since it was announced that Big Chief got the Bond license. I'm quite shocked that nothing has been shown yet. At least give us a tiny peek at the head sculpts Big Chief....The suspense is killing me! :lol

Yeah, not a rollicking start that's for sure.

I do wish they'd give us some teases... but based on the original reaction I doubt they want to go thru that all over again. Likely they will just put it up for order when its ready.

I do wish Big Chief would at least give us some idea of timing -- like will we see a pre-order before the end of this year? Or is this something for Q3 2017?

Back