Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

If these come out with 11b Level paint apps with a bit of oomph, I think they would be okay, provided the tailoring is top notch and the price reflects the larger audience.

'Price reflects the larger audience'

lol sure why not ! :D

Joking aside, where's that from? Is it an old Gilbert figure?

Yes,

It's a picture I googled for a Gilbert Bond. And joking aside, I think the likeness was pretty good for the time. I really would like one one day, but prices are really high for a figure that doesn't even have the articulation of a GI Joe.

Yes,

It's a picture I googled for a Gilbert Bond. And joking aside, I think the likeness was pretty good for the time. I really would like one one day, but prices are really high for a figure that doesn't even have the articulation of a GI Joe.

Ever heard of the Cecil Coleman version?
Time period figure, but prices are even higher.

Ever heard of the Cecil Coleman version?
Time period figure, but prices are even higher.

Nope! Never heard of that one, but you've made me curious. Do you have any pictures?:)

EDIT: never mind, googled and found it. Nice figure too! I looked for one on eBay out of curiosity, there were none. Just a MOC trench coat going for.....$1300!:horror

Last edited:

AICN have a great behind the scenes pic today of From Russia With Love:

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/76839

This made me realise that Big Chief should have started with this movie, and a Red Grant figure. I like Goldfinger but there have been a few Oddjob figures already. I hope they do FRWL next, a good Red Grant figure would be absolutely amazing. They should give him the expression in that photo too.

Two very poor Oddjobs but never an actual Auric Goldfinger 1/6th figure.

But I would also like a licensed Grant... even though I recently made one for my collection with that terrible cartoony Dragon Robert Shaw sculpt. :)

I do wonder why Big Chief is so silent about their upcoming line? Hope everything is moving smoothly for them and they will be able to show something soon -- even the slightest tease would be welcome.

I do wonder why Big Chief is so silent about their upcoming line? Hope everything is moving smoothly for them and they will be able to show something soon -- even the slightest tease would be welcome.

A few months' wait (with the potential for a much longer wait ahead) is not surprising to me:

Nothing yet, we are working very close with the producers from EON, before they even see them we get them as perfect as we can. They are really great to work with, we will only release images once EON fully approve the prototypes and the images.

If BCS needs to develop the best possible prototypes it can and then get approval for the prototypes and for the promotional images, then we won't see any WIPs for the prototype and teases would reasonably be unlikely. BCS has taken a lot of criticism already (not all of it unwarranted), so their approval plan seems prudent. They could benefit from constructive community involvement during development, but I don't know how much of it would be constructive and they know expectations are high.

I certainly have high hopes for this line, but reservations about BCS's ability to deliver. Let's hope EON (and BCS) are as picky as collectors are about detail and accuracy (not just for the prototype) and that BCS's production capabilities are worth the long wait since the last release of licensed Bond figures.

Two very poor Oddjobs but never an actual Auric Goldfinger 1/6th figure.

But I would also like a licensed Grant... even though I recently made one for my collection with that terrible cartoony Dragon Robert Shaw sculpt. :)

They seem to make between 1000 and 2000 of each figure. That does make me wonder if they could actually sell that many Goldfinger's. I know they would have no problem selling that many Connery's, possibly Oddjob because he's so iconic. But Goldfinger seems like it would be a hard sell given that the actor wasn't in anything else that you would want a figure of and the outfit is so unique. At least with Red Grant you'd get a sharp suit (unless they made him in his Spectre Island outfit!).

If BCS needs to develop the best possible prototypes it can and then get approval for the prototypes and for the promotional images, then we won't see any WIPs for the prototype and teases would reasonably be unlikely. BCS has taken a lot of criticism already (not all of it unwarranted), so their approval plan seems prudent. They could benefit from constructive community involvement during development, but I don't know how much of it would be constructive and they know expectations are high.

I certainly have high hopes for this line, but reservations about BCS's ability to deliver. Let's hope EON (and BCS) are as picky as collectors are about detail and accuracy (not just for the prototype) and that BCS's production capabilities are worth the long wait since the last release of licensed Bond figures.

And if EON's approval process is anything like Danjaq's, it will be slow as molasses.

FB_IMG_1482503036370.jpg
FB_IMG_1482503038672.jpg
FB_IMG_1482503040571.jpg

I think they look great. In for Sean for sure. Even from the side his likeness is fantastic. And the tailoring on the suits look very well done. Can't wait to see Moore and Craig.

Ps Bond said the line on Oddjob's pic. Huge 007 fan here.

Big Chief - these look amazing to me. All three are bought. Please add any behind the scenes details like approvals and stuff if you can. This line is a Grail to me.

Last edited:

Wow, they look really nice! I'd love a Bond if I can make it work budget-wise. Not sure though.

Back