Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone on the facebook group did that and BCS simply told them to ask zavvi about it because they couldn't do anything.

Yeah Zavvi is a joke. Those are downgraded rerelease. BCS shouldn't have let Zavvi full control over those, because people wont think Zavvi is responsible but BCS. I don't know when i will get my 4th now because they didn't send me a working return label for here in Belgium and you're lucky when you can access the chat again:rolleyes:
Yeah BCS are shooting themselves in the foot by lending out their license. I thought that at the very least there would be some kind of label on the box stating that it's a ZAVVI EXCLUSIVE.

Its not even a Zavvi exclusive anymore since they are available in different shop. So i don't even know what was the point to collab with them.
Ho yes its true that it was an order from zavvi. So they might be able to help you a bit more you never know.

The Zavvi deal was more than likely made for financial reasons, in order to get the product made.

I'll wait and see what BCS have to say first before contacting Zavvi. If they can sell some of the Zavvi stock from their own shop, surely they can get a few replacement parts in as well...

The number on the box must have been writen in gallifreyan text, as i can't make head nor tail of it:unsure:

009 or 669? Then again i think these are limited to 400 so it can't be the later:giggle:

DSC_0001.JPG

I think i saw some weird numbers on those. I guess since they apparantly didn't make the full production for some of these, they started the numbering from where they stop the first time ?

Well since Zavvi doesn't seem too eager to fix their mistake and i'm stuck with 10th, i thought i would play a little with it. The blue suit version of 10th was my first 1/6 figure, but as the years passed i liked it less and less and sold it. I'll have to be honest these release makes some things better and other worse.

The good things : -Coat is definitly better. Still not the right color or fabric, but its better now. Its thinner and fit him a lot nicer.
-The head is slightly better painted ( wasn't really that hard). Its not a lot better but its still more than the first release.

The bad things : -The head and neck doesnt fit with the body. Or its just the neck, but there is definitly something wrong here. He looks like he has no neck. The head was stuck on the neck, and once seperated its doenst fit properly, its loose. You have to either leave it like that or push it back. You can see the result in th picture. Its head is loose, you can't articulate it, but at least he looks like he's got a neck.
-The body feel sturdier but weirdly he can barely stand up without the stand. For me who display my figures in diorama without stand, its a big no no.
-QC issues on the shoes, red paint all over the white parts.

Overall to really look good he needs a new paint job, another neck, and repaint the shoes. So exactly the same as the original release but just a bit better.

Attachments

• 311470797_6265350643480881_2509559349211332608_n.jpg
    311470797_6265350643480881_2509559349211332608_n.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 0
Well, it's been a week since I emailed BCS about the missing button on 4th Doctor waistcoat and no reply. Not surprising, just disappointing.
Have you opened a support ticket on their website? I get a 24 hour reply from them regardless of question that way.

I’m not criticising those unhappy with the Zavvi figures believe me. I get it. But to be fair, as previously said, they made it clear these were reissues of old figures. It’s a shame some had this fantasy idea they’d be amazing. It’s the reason I only went with 4 and the 12, the Drs I was missing. I had the originals of the others and knew they wouldn’t be all that better, perhaps worse in part.

Might be an idea to return them and either order the definitives or walk away? Not worth spending money you can’t justify if you’re not content.

I’d a big critic of BCS so no shill. They have many a fault. But fair’s fair.

I’ve put my faith in their upcoming stuff after 8 was good, War Dr was very good, 3 and 13 were excellent, definitive 4 looks excellent too and the definitive 9-12 look like they’ll be again excellent (with criticisms of course.) I do think they have the desire to deliver and be great, they’ve just had bad luck AND been naive at times. Another problem is that demand for expensive Who stuff is very very low right now. Struggling to sell stuff in the 100s. That’s very difficult to make a Chinese warehouse prioritise. Their problem of course but sometimes things become an impossibility. They’ve been decent and allowed me to pause my payment of the definitives until January, knowing they won’t be out until at LEAST the 60th, and that’s very very optimistic.

Last edited:
I’m not criticising those unhappy with the Zavvi figures believe me. I get it. But to be fair, as previously said, they made it clear these were reissues of old figures. It’s a shame some had this fantasy idea they’d be amazing. It’s the reason I only went with 4 and the 12, the Drs I was missing. I had the originals of the others and knew they wouldn’t be all that better, perhaps worse in part.

Might be an idea to return them and either order the definitives or walk away? Not worth spending money you can’t justify if you’re not content.

I’d a big critic of BCS so no shill. They have many a fault. But fair’s fair.

I’ve put my faith in their upcoming stuff after 8 was good, War Dr was very good, 3 and 13 were excellent, definitive 4 looks excellent too and the definite 9-12 look like they’ll be again excellent (with criticisms of course.) I do think they have the desire to deliver and be great, they’ve just had bad luck AND been naive at times.
Bad luck with what? The company has been going long enough now to get things right and improve. No one was expecting these re-issues to look amazing.
But for 200+ Euro these look inferior to the originals, and are more like cheap KO copies that a third party company would churn out on eBay.

It's an easy mistake getting the numbers 4 and 10 mixed up...their so alike:giggle:

Me thinks someone at Zavvi is going to get the sack if it continues :hammerhead:...or maybe they have no more 4th Drs left and are trying to get rid of the other stock.

If thats the case i'll be royally pissed off. But they are still taking pre order for 4th, surely they aren't cancelling all of those or sending them 10th instead ? They can't be that stupid. Even if its weird that at least two of us got send 10th instead of 4th. Anyway since they are completly useless, i opened a paypal case and will see what gets this issue resolve faster.

It's an easy mistake getting the numbers 4 and 10 mixed up...their so alike:giggle:

Me thinks someone at Zavvi is going to get the sack if it continues :hammerhead:...or maybe they have no more 4th Drs left and are trying to get rid of the other stock.
The people at the warehouse were probably like, "there's at least 10 of them, this should be fine." Their US branch was quick to respond to my question the last time, so we'll see

If thats the case i'll be royally pissed off. But they are still taking pre order for 4th, surely they aren't cancelling all of those or sending them 10th instead ? They can't be that stupid. Even if its weird that at least two of us got send 10th instead of 4th. Anyway since they are completly useless, i opened a paypal case and will see what gets this issue resolve faster.
Like I wrote above, their US branch was quick to answer. But I think you said you're in the EU. Hope you get it resolved. This whole thing is been a mess

The answer i got were a total joke. First i was sent a return label not working here in belgium. Then i had to try for 1h to get back in the chat. Once done they apparently couldn't find my order or account, saying that i had none. All of that because i send them my email with no upper case as the first letter (upper or lower case don't matter as the first letter of an email adress), and when i send it again with the upper letter (by mistake) the all of a sudden find my account. But 5min latter they lost it again, and said the order was under an other account, and then back to "we can't find your account/order" and then to "we'll update the label but it will take several days" wtf ??

Paypal will solve this way faster than these idiots

Back