Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #11 Matt Smith in Series 7 costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sherlock is also BBC, but the deal is probably different. So this most likely doesn't affect Sherlock stuff.

Why would they have been restricted in that way?
Is another 1/6 producer about to enter the market with rights to North American distribution ?

Why would they have been restricted in that way?
Is another 1/6 producer about to enter the market with rights to North American distribution ?

BCS says no. Perhaps the license is just too expensive to allow NA distribution. The more territories involved, the more costly it usually is.

Either that or the BBC itself wants to retain exclusive North American distribution rights for some reason. They may be setting up their own North American based version of the BBC shop, for example (as they have done over the past year or so in a couple of other countries), or there may be an exclusivity deal in the works with a certain major retailer. Who knows?

All that's clear is that, right now, US collectors will just have to do what the rest of us international peeps have long had to do when collecting most things, and that's suck it up and play the expensive shipping, import and exchange rates game if you want something bad enough. It sucks, but that's life.

BCS says no. Perhaps the license is just too expensive to allow NA distribution. The more territories involved, the more costly it usually is.

Would they know if someone else was taking it over? Might that not be a question of commercial confidentiality?

Didn't Bif Bang Pow lose their license earlier this year too? Is the Who license popular enough in the US to warrant someone making those cheap plastic Marvel/ Star Wars style dolls I keep seeing in the supermarkets?

This whole thing about only buying through Big Chief is a bit worrying since I cannot get their system to take my money. I'm in the USA and I've been trying to buy a 4th Doctor since yesterday and the payments keep failing whether I go through their Worldpay system or use Paypal.

And yes, before anyone asks the most obvious question, my cards ARE valid (I've tried my credit card and my debit card) and nothing will go through. I even got a fraud alert from my credit card company -- the first time that's ever happened -- which I thought was a bit extreme since all the info I was entering in terms of billing address and mailing address and phone number and email address all match the information on my card, although maybe it suggests something is a bit dodgy at their end?

I've already sent an email to Big Chief about this, but I was just wondering if anyone else in the US has had this same problem because it is annoying as hell. I've finally got a bit of a toy budget after not being able to buy anything for almost two years, I want to give them my money for a figure I've wanted forever and they won't take my perfectly good money that I'm desperate to give them!

ETA: I've already heard back from the one of the BCS guys which I'm pretty impressed by since it is midnight over there and he said they'll look into it on Monday which is fair enough. I just want it to get sorted out because I want the Tom figure for sure, but I also want to make sure there aren't any problems when it comes time to get any of the figures coming out in the future (Reissue 10! Capaldi Doc!).

While I'm glad you've heard back so quickly, I must say it greatly irritates me that I have had issues with my account for weeks now, and they haven't responded to a single email of mine. It's this kind of inconsistency that drives me crazy... :banghead

While I'm glad you've heard back so quickly, I must say it greatly irritates me that I have had issues with my account for weeks now, and they haven't responded to a single email of mine. It's this kind of inconsistency that drives me crazy... :banghead

I had a similar issue and it turned out that my ISP earthlink.net just couldn't communicate with their ISP. I posted to them on Facebook and got it sorted.

Tried that already. They haven't responded to me on facebook, either.

Maybe they just don't like me*... :lol

*they seem to like my money well enough, though. :p

Back