Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #11 Matt Smith in Series 7 costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish this was delayed to 2015. Too much damn stuff coming out >_<

I'd be a wee bit surprised if this actually comes out before the end of the year. I'm just hoping Hartnell does!

Out of random curiosity any of you guys going to pick up more then one when it goes up?

Just one for me. These figures are too much to buy doubles for me. I'd rather buy another unique figure.

I'd be a wee bit surprised if this actually comes out before the end of the year. I'm just hoping Hartnell does!

Yeah, knowing their track record, having 2 releases before the end of year seems unlikely. Hoping the production version of hartnell turns out ok

Out of random curiosity any of you guys going to pick up more then one when it goes up?

Just the one for me as well, there is just way too much stuff coming out that I want!! :gah:

Hope we get the first Doctor before the end of the year though as well :pray: :pray: :pray:

Only one for me as well. Though as already stated, I will be kitbashing a second outfit and body for the included Capaldi head.

Likewise. My body is ready. Check out next week's episode for that one.
I can't see this figure being released till February/march next year. If we are lucky, the first Doctor will be shipped around Christmas time.

Only one for me and I hope it doesn't come out this year, January or later will be better financially.

IIRC, the economics just didn't work out. They made 2000 of 11 and he was slow to sell and clearanced out some places. The support for these figures is hovering around 1000 figures. So, making expansion packs was just too risky a proposition. It is sad, but I can understand it from BCS's standpoint. Though, to be honest, with enough time, the only thing I was really sad about not getting was the Fez (as Darklord Dave said, we're getting) and maybe the Cybermat. The green coat and hat I would have gotten back then, but with enough time (and seeing how short lived that costume really was) I was a lot less motivated.

I was always in two minds over the expansion packs. Now that we are getting a fully fledged second 11th, I am definitely in favor of that over a pack that allows the original release to be, redressed.

The green coat and hat I would have gotten back then, but with enough time (and seeing how short lived that costume really was) I was a lot less motivated.

I sort of feel the same about season 7 Smith actually.....I like the 7th season look better and didn't think it was time for a Dr change at all but seeing as how he only wore that look for 1 season, I think of his 5-6 look as THE 11th Doctor look.

Same here. I like the purple outfit but when I think of 11 first look I think of is tweed jacket. Also that's what he wore in my favourite episodes, I just feel more connected to the Pond era somehow. I would buy a green coat & stetson version if they made that but all I really need is the stetson head, I wish they would offer that one as an alternate head sculpt for 11 like they did with Amy and 4.

Part of what makes the purple coat look such a must-have to me (other than I like it, though I do think of the brown tweed as his iconic look) is that this was his 50th anniversary look, too.

Back