Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, don't hold back...put all three in there.
As our Ex Parrot states, there is little to give the 9th in way of accessories. Even CO had a hard time reissuing him. He got a plastic arm at one time!
I've been trying to figure out what he could have:
Sonic ( open and closed )
TARDIS key ( on chain )
The plastic arm !

And then I'm out of ideas.

An Auton Mickey Smith head? One of Lady Cassandra's spider-bot things? The Big Brother chair? A burping wheelie bin? The possibilities are endless! :lol

If we are "wish listing" then throw this guy in with him :lol

tumblr_inline_ndasirJU2c1qzhcyc.gif

Auton arm
Sonic screwdriver opened and closed versions
Vial of antiplastic
That surfboard thing from Boomtown he later hooked up to the console l
Psychic paper (did 9 use it? I can't remember.)

Give me that and I'll be more than happy.

Oh, now you've done it. You've just cost me another couple of hundred quid.
That twin pack regen CO set is one of my favorite sets. I like the idea of having that set in 1:6.

Glad to be of service. :wink1:

Just imagine getting two and having those figures on your shelf with Eccleston in the pose he had in that CO set...

there is little to give the 9th in way of accessories.

And then I'm out of ideas.

Er... according to BCS he's coming with an extra Tennant head!!!

Is that not enough of an accessory?!? Whaddya want, blood?!?

As far as jumpers are concerned there are only two that matter - the red one from Rose and the black one from Parting of the Ways.

Oh, I'm very happy with the spare head as an accessory. And, buying two to make good use of it !
I like the idea of at least one extra colored shirt though. The point made above, about the v neck is a good one with regard to the body used. I'm sure they have thought of this.

So here's a fun thought I haven't heard come up...Eccleston wore V-Neck shirts. That means BCS needs a new seamless necked body.

I wonder if they'll even bother. It's not like people are going to skip this because of a neck seam. I have a feeling it'll be on the base body and you'll see the seam.

I won't be bothered if it's not seamless, since I barely notice the seams and joints on my figures anyway. The only time I really think it's necessary is when it's a big muscular guy like Arnold or Superman, and you want to see that muscular neck of theirs.

I would rather a sculpted neck attached to the body with a ball joint at the base of the skull for articulation so there's no ugly seam. They did it for Amy so why not Chris? They could reuse it for Jack as well since his t-shirt might not cover the seam either.

For the price they charge on these guys, limited or not, they need to deliver appropriate bodies per characters, and that includes a seamless neck when exposed. The atomix body has a hideous seam between the post and the shoulders, as do most bodies that are intended to be fully clothed.

For the price they charge on these guys, limited or not, they need to deliver appropriate bodies per characters, and that includes a seamless neck when exposed. The atomix body has a hideous seam between the post and the shoulders, as do most bodies that are intended to be fully clothed.

I'm just not that bothered about a neck seam. It would be nice if they made a new body but not if it pushes the cost of the figure up and there's plenty of other bodies out there if you want to upgrade it. I understand what you're saying but how many times would they reuse that body? I'd rather they shaved costs.

I'm not bothered by the neck, I don't think... but it would be better to be seamless.

I'm just not that bothered about a neck seam. It would be nice if they made a new body but not if it pushes the cost of the figure up and there's plenty of other bodies out there if you want to upgrade it. I understand what you're saying but how many times would they reuse that body? I'd rather they shaved costs.

Well Eccleston is a bit of a broader guy than Smith or Tennant. The body could easily be reused for Harkness and let's be honest, their body is effectively a true type clone, no reason they can't source a different clone body with a neck overlay. These already are above expected price for 1/6th, I would hope they would take note of visual discrepancies like that; they've been so punctual with everything else.
I'm not bothered by the neck, I don't think... but it would be better to be seamless.
I know I've seen you over on the Fwoosh and certainly seen you agree on my comments about the hideous Character Options cut necks; if we think those shouldn't have it, a figure that's over 10x the cost shouldn't have the 1/6 visual equivalent of a cut neck either.

I feel bad now that I don't care more about having a seamless neck. I'll work on it, and since I don't really care, I hope everyone who does gets what they want. :)

Back