Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to buy all the Doctors if they are released and a couple of choice companions (Ace & Clara)

I too am gonna get all the Doctors too (if they make them all that is :pray:)
I'm going to have to be a bit more choosy though with the companions though unfortunately otherwise will this line will run out uber-expensive! :gah: Just Captain Jack, Sarah-Jane and Clara are my main wants at the moment, any others I'll decide as and when they come out :)

As long as any version of 8 is aanounced and made to purchase is all that matters to me. I will get the other Doctors as they are released, but if the line ends after 8 is made, then I will be content. I would like to get a Dalton Rassilon fig, but I doubt they will do him.

I feel like BCS is milking this line to death as in they are putting all their resources on one line, which is risky for them once all the popular Nu Who characters are made several times and released. This isn't a bad thing as long as they have other lines to sell, but at the rate they are going, it is going to be hard to keep up with the line. Hot Toys make multiple Ledger Jokers and Iron Man movies every once in a while, but they have enough money to take a lost once people have had enough Jokers. I would like them to slow down on the 1/6 DW figures for people to rest since the incentive preorder bonuses and a preorder announcment every 2-3 months is too much for collectors to try to be completists for this line. Because the BCS only have two lines under their belt, it could be the reason why they are now a UK distributor for other 1/6 companies. This would help them bring in funds, but for how long?

No offense to Sherlock collectors, but after their next two release, who can they release to ensure the longevity of that line? I would like to see them handle other lines, possible from UK properties since they are so lacking in 1/6 form. Other lines I would like to see them tackle would be the James Bond series since I do not think anyone has that license - Sideshow had it, but I have not seen them do a Bond figure in years, so their license might have expired. I would like to see Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes figures, though since the series has been off the year for a few years, I can only see Sam Tyler and LOM version Gene Hunt being made.

Looking forward to 9 and Jack. Apart from more 11th variants only other figure I'd be interested in is River, if they don't think she would sell well enough it'd be nice if they offered just the head sometime, either on it's own like Amy and the 11 stetson head or maybe as an extra together with Jack.

I wonder which Captain Jack they'd be doing? Series 1 had several clothing options. Personally, I'd like "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances" version.

I would guess the series 3 Jack with the greatcoat. It's his iconic look now and would appeal to both Torchwood and Doctor Who fans. Sarah Jane is the one I'm really curious about. Will it be classic Sarah or new series? I would be fine with either but would prefer classic with her Planet of Evil outfit. Then again the 4th Doctor did co,e with the Hand of Fear so maybe they'll go for Andy Pandy look instead?

I would guess the series 3 Jack with the greatcoat. It's his iconic look now and would appeal to both Torchwood and Doctor Who fans. Sarah Jane is the one I'm really curious about. Will it be classic Sarah or new series? I would be fine with either but would prefer classic with her Planet of Evil outfit. Then again the 4th Doctor did co,e with the Hand of Fear so maybe they'll go for Andy Pandy look instead?

I agree, that would probably be the best choice, especially as it would appeal to a wider audience, but whatever outfit they go for I'll be buying it regardless.

I too was pondering which version of Sarah Jane they would make considering that the NU Who version is more known to kids whereas the classic version is the more iconic version. Because the first Tennant figure sold like hot cakes and the Baker figure is warming up the BCS warehouse, I would imagine they would make the Nu Who version to go with the DT era.

Good call on BCS getting the Bond licence, Doom Saber. There were plenty of other Bond-verse figures that sideshow could have made but the line ended. Now we are what, 10 years on, there are more figures that could be made. For starters they could make dinner jacket figures of each Bond, combat fatigue Dalton, safari suit Moore, 'Sir Hilary' Lazenby etc...

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but re-reading it again and seeing that you would love to see more Bond figures on another thread, maybe not, hence the paragraph below being edited.

In regards to the Bond series, the franchise is good for grabs since any 1/ company can make updates of the classic Bond figures that were previously released by SS, as well as making any contemporary ones each time a new film comes out.

Sideshow stopped making Bond figures before Daniel Craig took the role, and customs of him are popular among collectors especially whenever a new Bond film is coming out. That said, it would be logical for a toy company to try to make Bond figures again based on the new Spectre movie. It may or may not sell, but when Sideshow was doing making Bond figures, it was more than a decade ago before the time Hot Toys made 1/6 license figures popular with the countless of Joker figures. That said, the figures Sideshow made are heavily outdated, and in the 1/6 community, those would require updates.

Speaking of combat fatigue Dalton, Safari Suit Moore, etc.., I feel that the BCS is doing the same thing, but worse, with a build-the-figure pajama party Tennant and cowboy Matt Smith. They also said they are having more Tennant and Smith variants along the way, so I wouldn't be surprised if a dinner party Tennant and/or Smith will be made. Having variants is fine and all, but having them too soon for two different actors would imo, kill the line quickly. I am concern that the BCS will end up making unnecessary variants of the Nu Who Doctors to the point of having five different 9th Doctor figures with the only variations would be face gestures and color of tee shirt. Your idea of having variants of those classic Bond figures is great since it is more than two actors.

I am sure if they continue with this trend of making every variant of the Nu Who Doctors, the line will get stale quickly. I would love to see them make other lines so that it would also allow them to spread out releases better because they don't have to release every DW license figure every 3-4 months to make money.

No, no, I was not being sarcastic, but now I see that you edited you post after mine (I have since deleted my post). I know the line was stopped, because, being a Bond fan, I was collecting them at the time. Though I did manage to pick up 4 Bonds (Connery, Lazenby, Moore & Brosnan, as well as Trevelyan and ***** Galore).

My comment on the clothing, was to do with the figures being sold in a specific look (rather than clothing packs). I don't see why that would be a problem. They are going to look different, unlike the IM figures that HT are knocking out. And i'm not suggesting that whatever company would pick up the Bond licence, should release two figures from one Bond in a row. There are 6 actors (plus the Girls, Villains and Allies), keeping the line fresh shouldn't be a problem.

---

Back to Doctor Who, has anyone been on the BCS site recently? The 11th Doctor from series 7 has been pushed to July, while the 12th Doctor, who was going to be released in July, has now been pushed to September.

No, no, I was not being sarcastic, but now I see that you edited you post after mine (I have since deleted my post). I know the line was stopped, because, being a Bond fan, I was collecting them at the time. Though I did manage to pick up 4 Bonds (Connery, Lazenby, Moore & Brosnan, as well as Trevelyan and ***** Galore).

My comment on the clothing, was to do with the figures being sold in a specific look (rather than clothing packs). I don't see why that would be a problem. They are going to look different, unlike the IM figures that HT are knocking out. And i'm not suggesting that whatever company would pick up the Bond licence, should release two figures from one Bond in a row. There are 6 actors (plus the Girls, Villains and Allies), keeping the line fresh shouldn't be a problem.

---

Back to Doctor Who, has anyone been on the BCS site recently? The 11th Doctor from series 7 has been pushed to July, while the 12th Doctor, who was going to be released in July, has now been pushed to September.

There wouldn't be a problem with the character clothing variants because there are more than two characters. I apologize if my previous comment wasn't clear, but I was merely saying your idea is good since it covers more than 2 actors whereas BCS is focusing on two characters with multiple variants.

:gah: Damn, I hadn't seen that!! :thud: Just been and had a look....I see the 11 TARDIS has been pushed back to September now as well.

I'm glad, as now I can make sure I have the funds for both. £170 a pop, with 2 months between them, i'm fine with that.

Not surprised at all. This is typical for all 1:6 companies. Even Sideshow and Hot Toys are always at least 3 months late on their original shipping estimates. I always add 3 months to the original planned release dates to expect receipt. It's almost always on the mark.

Not until September for Capaldi now?!? What the hell. Wasn't that originally supposed to come out in March or April? Because I know I already finished making my payments back at the beginning of the year.

:gah:

I'm not sure about March/April, but until it was pushed back, it was listed as for release in July.

In their defense, it's not like they knew it would take longer. Probably manufacturing delays that are out of their control.

Delays are just part of the game. Honestly, I can't remember the last time where anything I've pre-ordered from any collectibles company has shipped on, or before, the originally intended date. I'm sure a few things over the years have, but it's very much the exception rather than the rule. So I pretty much just assume everything will ship later than originally estimated, and remain completely unsurprised when that invariably turns out to be the case. :)

Just as long as the final product is actually worth the wait, I'll have no complaints.

I don't think that there was a figure or statue I preordered that wasn't delayed and this includes Hot Toys and Sideshow products. I think the Raynor figure was delayed a year before actually coming out. What is interesting about the delays from BCS is that their payment plans do not get delayed if a product gets delayed. I like this since there would be times when I have money for a preorder from Sideshow, but because the figure would get delayed, the money would still be in my bank. I think I fully paid for Tennant and Smith, which is cool since I can save money for Capaldi and could make a preorder for the Weeping Angels.

Since I am used to delays when it comes to 1/6 figures, I do not think twice about them.

Back