'Beyond: Two Souls' starring Ellen Page -- from Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain devs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there were any scenes that didn't give me more insight into her character, or move along the story in a conceivable way.

I wonder what actors they'll get for their next game. I don't see them returning to made up characters now that they've moved forward with real actors.

Sylvester Stallone? Lol...

A friend of mine who is the QA manager at QD informed cage of the awkward scenes at the birthday party and he wouldn't budge and change it because the voice actors had already recorded the dialog and when asked how exactly they would change it, the whole development team couldn't come up with a solution. Very frustrating experience working for Cage, as he is very proud and doesn't respond well to new ideas. Also QD won't be making any ' more gamey' type games anytime soon.

By the way I didn't particularly like the game and thought heavy rain was much more of an experience and this felt like a step backwards apart from the acting and visuals.

A friend of mine who is the QA manager at QD informed cage of the awkward scenes at the birthday party and he wouldn't budge and change it because the voice actors had already recorded the dialog and when asked how exactly they would change it, the whole development team couldn't come up with a solution. Very frustrating experience working for Cage, as he is very proud and doesn't respond well to new ideas. Also QD won't be making any ' more gamey' type games anytime soon.

By the way I didn't particularly like the game and thought heavy rain was much more of an experience and this felt like a step backwards apart from the acting and visuals.

Thanks for the info. One question: when exactly did they ever make 'gamey' type games? lol

Why do you say some scenes weren't necessary? The scene were she goes to the bar was all about showing how she was different than other kids her age, and she COULDN'T just have an normal life.

She goes out wanting to be like everybody else and:
Spoiler Spoiler:
That's big to her development and if you successfully make it out to the bar she won't
Spoiler Spoiler:

The kid they got to do her character as a child was really good as well. So I still don't see your point...

Even if it would be something impactful on a person's life, that result is not in the game. It's basically a repeat of a the party from earlier which makes it unnecessary. And it's hard to think of that scene as her not being able to have a normal life when it's constructed so poorly--first is her having a big hissy fit about not going out, at that point I don't want to help her since her behavior is more like how little children would react than a rebellious teenager, but they don't give a choice so you have to go with it. And then they make it so ridiculous about how easy it is for her to get out. Considering they know what she can do and they don't want her getting out or people getting in they should have better security. Of course you can't really stop her from mind controlling people, but being able to get past guards that way is really weak. You'd think they would brief the security about the possibility of a situation like that since it would be an obvious possibility. I think people have more logic than to go out and meet someone at a random bar that they really have no reason to go to.
You also have to wonder how she got these friends she's supposed to meet anyways.

Finished the game not too long ago.
In the short flashbacks during the credit...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Love the game by the way.

You apparently have no children viper because that's exactly how a lot of them would react. By throwing a hissy fit. That scene was VERY realistic and showed her frustration. In my playthrough I went so far as to even smash up her room with Aiden.

And no I dont think the party scene and this scene are quite the same making this scene unecessary. Remember, in the party chapter Nate is the one that is actually trying to get Jodie to go out and have a normal life with friends. She doesn't want to as she's scared but he thinks it will do her some good and he probably feels bad for her

In the "like other girls" chapter everything has changed. She wants to go out and HE"S the one that says no. Probably because of what happened at the party. The roles are reversed and we see Jodie learn that the life her peers have will never be hers. The scenes have a similar message, but a completely different delivery. Since we were going to get to play as a teenage Jodie, it would have been odd to never see her ...

Last edited:
...yearn for a normal life. I'ts 100% accurate

And correct me if I'm wrong but up until that point I don't think Cole or Nathan EVER saw her use Aiden to posses people. They very well may have not known she could even do that. Do they know she's very powerful? Absolutely! But she's a good girl and they are her father figures. I can see them not suspecting her to go so far as to use her powers against them, just to get out.

As far as these "friends" she's meeting. She's not the only one staying at the base. There could have been other kids there that told her to meet them. Or the few other girls she may have known from the outside world...

Her sneaking into a bar makes sence because teenagers usually have NO sence. She would have probably met them at the city dump if it meant the possibility to fit in...

Last edited:
Finished the game not too long ago.
In the short flashbacks during the credit...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Love the game by the way.

That was
Spoiler Spoiler:
Whom I'd love to play as in a sequel...

I only played HR once, but good to know.

HR had more heartpumping action sequences where you need to keep up with the OTEs. But the English VAs were a little wooden since they were not the mocap actors who did the original dialogue. In B2S the English market got the original actors it was written for.

...yearn for a normal life. I'ts 100% accurate

And correct me if I'm wrong but up until that point I don't think Cole or Nathan EVER saw her use Aiden to posses people. They very well may have not known she could even do that. Do they know she's very powerful? Absolutely! But she's a good girl and they are her father figures. I can see them not suspecting her to go so far as to use her powers against them, just to get out.

As far as these "friends" she's meeting. She's not the only one staying at the base. There could have been other kids there that told her to meet them. Or the few other girls she may have known from the outside world...

Her sneaking into a bar makes sence because teenagers usually have NO sence. She would have probably met them at the city dump if it meant the possibility to fit in...

"sense"
In the first scene of her as a little girl in the testing room you can possess one of the guys in the observation room. Oh, and there's the possibility that she's tried to choke people at least twice before.
And she might not be the only kid on base, but she's probably the only kid on high security, and it doesn't seem like she would get the chance to meet anyone outside of the base. Kids can do stupid things, but she's not supposed to be one of those stupid kids. It's not reasonable that they would have chosen that place to meet, except that Cage wanted it to happen.

"sense"
In the first scene of her as a little girl in the testing room you can possess one of the guys in the observation room. Oh, and there's the possibility that she's tried to choke people at least twice before.
And she might not be the only kid on base, but she's probably the only kid on high security, and it doesn't seem like she would get the chance to meet anyone outside of the base. Kids can do stupid things, but she's not supposed to be one of those stupid kids. It's not reasonable that they would have chosen that place to meet, except that Cage wanted it to happen.

Yeah, "sense", thank you.

In the scene where's she's a kid and posses that guy, they don't know she did that. They ask him if he's okay. He's confused and they are wondering why he was attampting to leave. They never tell Jodie that that was wrong. They, again, don't know she can do that.

And what does choking have to do with anything? That power they DO know she has. But again, why would Cole or Nate expect Jodie to have Aiden physically assault them? A random women, yes, but probably not the. Choking has nothing to do with this...

And yeah she IS on high security. Doesn't mean at all that she wouldn't come across the other kids while being there. Maybe they even let her go online from time to time to chat with people her own age. Maybe they told her to sneak out and meet them at this bar.

Or maybe she met a few more kids in her life sometime between when the party and like other girls took place. I don't see why that stuff isn't completely reasonable.

Last edited:
Meaning they know she's dangerous because her ability choked at least one person whom she doesn't even have any reason to cause harm. Considering we've only seen a few hours of her young life it's reasonable to assume that they know a lot about her, and she probably would tell them what she can do anyways.

Anyways, the point is, they know that she has the potential to be dangerous towards at least people she doesn't know (like say the guards) so why wouldn't they prepare them properly? It's also a bit odd no one looks at the people's faces when their possessed and see their white eyes.

Why isn't it reasonable that her "friends" (and I use that word VERY loosely as I think it was a set-up) would say:

"friends": " Hey Jodie, a few of us are going to sneak into Tom's bar tonight. You should come.

Jodie: " I can't...they won't let me leave the base..."

"friends": " Then why don't you just sneak out. We are all going to be here,... and If you didn't come then you'd miss out. Or would you rather spend the rest of your life in an empty room on a base?!"

Jodie: "No no no, I really want to come..."sigh" Okay I'll figure something out...hmmmm... maybe I can just talk to them..."

"friends": Good cause anybody that's important is gonna be there. See ya later"....

More like:

"friends": Hey Jodie, a few of us are going to sneak into Tom's bar tonight. You should come.

Jodie: "Who are you? and why would teenagers be meeting at a bar?"

*Later
Guard sees a girl who is known to have crazy powers trying to leave with a scientist who is strangely acting like a zombie, doesn't look suspicious at all.

Yes security is light. There weren't any gaurds besides that one dude at the front desk. But Nate isn't expecting Jodie to attempt a break out. The three of them, no scratch that, she probably has a good relationship with EVERYONE on base. They haven't seen her poses anybody. And they don't expect her to choke her way out. They consider her very level headed and she's a good girl. Even if the KNEW she could posses you think they'd expect her to do that to them.... That's crossing boundaries that she would never do... Remember she possesed people more the older she got.

Cole was even monitering her the night of the escape. "We have a bond", he thinks. "She may wreck her room but not go so far as to hurt me"

When he's possessed she even apologizes to his face because she sincerely likes him and she knew she crossed the line.

Just completed the game last night. Very underwhelming, as is the case with most titles that claim "each action shapes the story". There really wasn't any way of screwing up to where you didn't finish the game. There was no "danger" in making a mistake or making a bad decision. No matter what you did, the story scenes just kept on a coming.

Back