'Beyond: Two Souls' starring Ellen Page -- from Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain devs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa are you serious?! What does that mean for their next game?

That actually pisses me off. People don't give good games a chance just because they're not Call of Duty!

I'm sorry but COD IS a good game and deserves it sales, you get what you pay for with COD, this had awful controls and a bad layout... not what it was first advertised to be, well here anyways.

I wasn't a fan of this game at all. I found it a slog to get to the end. My friend who no longer works for QD is actually pretty pleased as now he wants to work on a proper game. He worked for Infinity Ward and is friends with the founders of Respawn so maybe its for the best. David cage sounds like an egotistical ******.

I'm sorry but COD IS a good game and deserves it sales, you get what you pay for with COD, this had awful controls and a bad layout... not what it was first advertised to be, well here anyways.

COD has been the same game for at least 5 years in a row. Sorry but those games don't deserve the sales.

CoD is certainly derivative and lacking anything original or inspiring these days, but if you were to play any version CoD with no knowledge of the other ones, you might think it's a good game. You'd be able to see it without all the baggage. It's brand fatigue more than anything at this point IMO.

I haven't played Beyond..

Sure, everything is subjective. But personally it was my biggest let down of the year, B2S comes in second.

GTAV was a good game but its not nearly as good as people claim.

Mine was Colonial Marines for sure. Probably the last time I ever pre-order a game that isn't from my top 3 favorites. I like David Cage games even the older stranger ones like Omikron so I am hoping I don't hate this one. I knew people wouldn't like this one tho because Heavy Rain was so good it made a standard I don't think Cage can live up to

GTAV was a good game but its not nearly as good as people claim.

Mine was Colonial Marines for sure. Probably the last time I ever pre-order a game that isn't from my top 3 favorites. I like David Cage games even the older stranger ones like Omikron so I am hoping I don't hate this one. I knew people wouldn't like this one tho because Heavy Rain was so good it made a standard I don't think Cage can live up to

I think GTA is suffering (not financially obviously), not to the same level but similar to COD. Basically rehashing clones every couple years, but clones nonetheless. It didn't really bring anything to the table aside from the switching character mechanic. Which was fun to do, but less focus on one character made me care about the three of them a lot lower than previous games. I honestly think GTA doesn't translate to this generation like it did with PS2. GTA IV sold well IIRC but it's typically panned by most people I've seen. I only appreciated the online, and I play it pretty often.

I have yet to play Colonial Marines, I'll buy it whenever it hits $5 just to see how bad it truly is.

I think GTA is suffering (not financially obviously), not to the same level but similar to COD. Basically rehashing clones every couple years, but clones nonetheless. It didn't really bring anything to the table aside from the switching character mechanic. Which was fun to do, but less focus on one character made me care about the three of them a lot lower than previous games. I honestly think GTA doesn't translate to this generation like it did with PS2. GTA IV sold well IIRC but it's typically panned by most people I've seen. I only appreciated the online, and I play it pretty often.

I have yet to play Colonial Marines, I'll buy it whenever it hits $5 just to see how bad it truly is.

Agreed, I get really sick of the satirical tone in GTA. I have a hard time caring about characters that feel like they are so full of stereotypes they came out of an SNL bit.

If you are a fan of the Alien movies then just don't bother playing it. Its not even worth something to laugh at and your life will be depreciated for playing it. Its sad that Alien has now become more bad than good.

Agreed, I get really sick of the satirical tone in GTA. I have a hard time caring about characters that feel like they are so full of stereotypes they came out of an SNL bit.

If you are a fan of the Alien movies then just don't bother playing it. Its not even worth something to laugh at and your life will be depreciated for playing it. Its sad that Alien has now become more bad than good.

I enjoyed Trevor, but the formula of GTA is getting stale. I think with V is was the fastest I've became bored of Single Player in a GTA.

I've seen plenty of gameplay of AC, glitches galore. It's such a shame, definitely was one of my most anticipated games for the year. I can only imagine the horror that Alien: Isolation will be... :yuck

I enjoyed Trevor, but the formula of GTA is getting stale. I think with V is was the fastest I've became bored of Single Player in a GTA.

I've seen plenty of gameplay of AC, glitches galore. It's such a shame, definitely was one of my most anticipated games for the year. I can only imagine the horror that Alien: Isolation will be... :yuck

I could go on for days about my hate for that game but I should probably save that for its designated thread. As for this game I will have to let you know if I like it when I can actually play it. I sent you that PSN friend request finally BTW

I could go on for days about my hate for that game but I should probably save that for its designated thread. As for this game I will have to let you know if I like it when I can actually play it. I sent you that PSN friend request finally BTW

You sent me one? What is your PSN?

I never said Call of Duty was a bad game. The problem with Call of Duty is that it's always the SAME game. Call of Duty has insane sales, but generally all the games are so similar to the previous one in the series.

When a good, unique game is released people don't buy it. Let's face it, we are in the generation of FPS and TPS type games. Games, such as B2S don't receive the recognition they deserve because they are too different from the mainstream games.

And I of course disagree with you on the controls, so that's a matter of opinion and hardly a fact...

I hope so. This game is one of my favorite games of all time, and I feel like its very underrated.

This game was an utter failure, which is a shame since Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games of all time. This felt like such a cluster **** with the constantly jumping back and forth story. I beat this once, and never played it again.

This was one of the best video game experiences I ever had. Loved it. But I had such a satisfying ending (unlike Heavy Rain), that I sort of don't want to play it again to taint that memory.

Just saw the title of this thread, and remembered i actually have a copy of this game i have yet played. haven't turned on my PS3 for nearly 5 months...

Back