'Beyond: Two Souls' starring Ellen Page -- from Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain devs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graphics are definitely good and compatible to today's stuff from what I remember. The chapters make much more sense in HR and it's in chronological order. You can start killing main characters off fairly quickly.

Graphics are definitely good and compatible to today's stuff from what I remember. The chapters make much more sense in HR and it's in chronological order. You can start killing main characters off fairly quickly.

Yeah, agreed. If not better, in terms of graphics.

The chapters in this game keep going back and fourth, in between time lines in her life.

I would recommend "I don't know how to..." When it comes to controls. Since it's unclear at times, the direction of the attack.

I thought the story was decent, and the ending was good.

Gonna sell my copy off if anyone here wants it?pm me.

I finally tried the demo this morning. I don't care for the controls and the slo-mo combat is not always easy to follow. That's being said, I still may get it for the story, but as a game, this has no replay value to me.

I finally tried the demo this morning. I don't care for the controls and the slo-mo combat is not always easy to follow. That's being said, I still may get it for the story, but as a game, this has no replay value to me.

Same here. I beat this game once and that was it. It was like an interactive movie to me. It was fun and entertaining, like any good movie. But i think it'll be awhile until I load it back up again. No interest in getting the Platinum for this either.

I wonder how much interest there will be in DLC for this game since it's more about the story. What does this DLC actually contribute to that?

Just finished this game--thought it was great. I loved Heavy Rain but thought this was much better.

I honestly don't quite understand why this game gets beaten down in the reviews. Do all games have to be the same in their ambition, or in the control they afford the gamer? People suggest that an interactive movie/game is a bad thing, but I felt far more connected to Jodie because of it. Doing things like making a Curry dinner or walking around at a house party or deciding to take money from an ATM machine immerse me far more than a typical game, because it makes me factor in the character's mental and emotional state as I make decisions that I feel would be true to the character.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Tomb Raider this year. I was late to the Uncharted series but loved it, especially the second one. But Beyond is a different beast. I'm emotionally invested in the characters on screen, it goes far beyond beating levels, bosses, earning achievements and trophies. This game is about choices, relationships, and at times morals. So I guess people can bash it for being an interactive movie, but to me, that's a massive selling point with these Quantic Dream games. Nathan Drake is cool and Lara Croft is a badass, but I don't care about them beyond their ability to let me have a thrilling video game experience. But I actually cared about Jodie Holmes. I wanted her to be all right and have a good ending. I guess that's the biggest endorsement I can give it: I really cared.

In any other game, if my character is getting his a** kicked, it would be a thrilling action sequence that I'm excited to beat. In Beyond, I'm worried, because I feel those punches much more, and I'm concerned how the story might spin differently if the fight has a negative outcome.

I wonder if part of the negative reviews comes from the fact that you don't die, and maybe people think there's ultimately no consequences for your actions? I don't know how others feel, but I played Tomb Raider before getting into this, and I died quite a lot. What is the consequence, though? You just respawn and play the same sequence over again.

Playing Beyond, the lack of dying only made me feel more connected to the story. Seeing Lara Croft take a spike to the head and thrown off a cliff every 40 mins sort of breaks the immersion and connection with the character, in my opinion.

I'm usually not into the sci-fi or supernatural element, because it always seem to boil down to exploding things whirling around the screen, and this was no different. But I didn't mind it in this one whatsoever.

One thing I would say, if I were to offer up some criticism, is that I think they could've done a better job creating more compelling love interests for Jodie throughout the game. They all didn't have to have the depth of Ryan, but I felt that, by the end of the game, you didn't get enough story on any of the other male love interests outside of Ryan, and I never got the sense that Jodie longed for Jay or anyone else beyond the chapter they were in. So I think that could've been done better, especially due to what the game asks of the gamer at the end (I won't say more than that for others who may play the game).

On another note, anyone know how well this sold domestically and abroad?

Last edited:
Sony have cut Quantic Dreams budget by quite a bit and my friend who was head of QA was let go as were a lot of the dev team. Game was a massive flop.

I picked the game up new but it continuously freezes at the very first load screen over and over and over. I installed it and got to see the menu but then if just freezes...

you might wanna read up the manuals on the troubleshooting section.

I picked the game up new but it continuously freezes at the very first load screen over and over and over. I installed it and got to see the menu but then if just freezes...

Just finished this game--thought it was great. I loved Heavy Rain but thought this was much better.

I honestly don't quite understand why this game gets beaten down in the reviews. Do all games have to be the same in their ambition, or in the control they afford the gamer? People suggest that an interactive movie/game is a bad thing, but I felt far more connected to Jodie because of it. Doing things like making a Curry dinner or walking around at a house party or deciding to take money from an ATM machine immerse me far more than a typical game, because it makes me factor in the character's mental and emotional state as I make decisions that I feel would be true to the character.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Tomb Raider this year. I was late to the Uncharted series but loved it, especially the second one. But Beyond is a different beast. I'm emotionally invested in the characters on screen, it goes far beyond beating levels, bosses, earning achievements and trophies. This game is about choices, relationships, and at times morals. So I guess people can bash it for being an interactive movie, but to me, that's a massive selling point with these Quantic Dream games. Nathan Drake is cool and Lara Croft is a badass, but I don't care about them beyond their ability to let me have a thrilling video game experience. But I actually cared about Jodie Holmes. I wanted her to be all right and have a good ending. I guess that's the biggest endorsement I can give it: I really cared.

In any other game, if my character is getting his a** kicked, it would be a thrilling action sequence that I'm excited to beat. In Beyond, I'm worried, because I feel those punches much more, and I'm concerned how the story might spin differently if the fight has a negative outcome.

I wonder if part of the negative reviews comes from the fact that you don't die, and maybe people think there's ultimately no consequences for your actions? I don't know how others feel, but I played Tomb Raider before getting into this, and I died quite a lot. What is the consequence, though? You just respawn and play the same sequence over again.

Playing Beyond, the lack of dying only made me feel more connected to the story. Seeing Lara Croft take a spike to the head and thrown off a cliff every 40 mins sort of breaks the immersion and connection with the character, in my opinion.

I'm usually not into the sci-fi or supernatural element, because it always seem to boil down to exploding things whirling around the screen, and this was no different. But I didn't mind it in this one whatsoever.

One thing I would say, if I were to offer up some criticism, is that I think they could've done a better job creating more compelling love interests for Jodie throughout the game. They all didn't have to have the depth of Ryan, but I felt that, by the end of the game, you didn't get enough story on any of the other male love interests outside of Ryan, and I never got the sense that Jodie longed for Jay or anyone else beyond the chapter they were in. So I think that could've been done better, especially due to what the game asks of the gamer at the end (I won't say more than that for others who may play the game).

On another note, anyone know how well this sold domestically and abroad?

Good points made but the controls are just feckin' awful horrid dirty scum riddled slug piles of death!

Sony have cut Quantic Dreams budget by quite a bit and my friend who was head of QA was let go as were a lot of the dev team. Game was a massive flop.

Whoa are you serious?! What does that mean for their next game?

That actually pisses me off. People don't give good games a chance just because they're not Call of Duty!

Whoa are you serious?! What does that mean for their next game?

That actually pisses me off. People don't give good games a chance just because they're not Call of Duty!

Or GTA. On paper GTA V was the biggest game of the year, but I thought it was the biggest disappointment.

you might wanna read up the manuals on the troubleshooting section.

I took it back to gamestop and got a new disc which works perfectly. Weird right?

Or GTA. On paper GTA V was the biggest game of the year, but I thought it was the biggest disappointment.

I dont know about the biggest disappointment but a disappointment none the less.

Back