Between a rock and hard place

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just keep it casual for now, then see what happens. Say, I'm going out for a drink after work, wanna join me? It's not a date, but.....do that sort of thing often enough, it might lead elsewhere. And it's not like you work directly with her, right? She's just a fellow teacher in the same building.

No. I work directly with her. I interact with all the 7th grade core teachers on a daily basis.

So basically the problem is, you don't have friends, now you have one and you don't want to risk messing that up by trying to turn it into something sexual, especially if it doesn't work out. Correct?

Pretty simple: Risk vs. What you're willing to lose. Is gaining something more with her (relationship, love, etc.) worth the risk of losing your friendship with her if it doesn't work out? If so, then go for it. If no, then remain friends. But be prepared to face the consequences of that decision i.e. possibly seeing her hook up with someone else and then having to fake like you're happy for her.

So basically the problem is, you don't have friends, now you have one and you don't want to risk messing that up by trying to turn it into something sexual, especially if it doesn't work out. Correct?

Pretty simple: Risk vs. What you're willing to lose. Is gaining something more with her (relationship, love, etc.) worth the risk of losing your friendship with her if it doesn't work out? If so, then go for it. If no, then remain friends. But be prepared to face the consequences of that decision i.e. possibly seeing her hook up with someone else and then having to fake like you're happy for her.

Haha! Already had to do that. I have other friends, but it's not easy to find people of the opposite sex that you totally click with.

I'm sure she's not impressed if your bringing SS & HT figures to show her. And the prank thing. Its probably annoying, like when a 7th grade boy likes a girl.

Hey sir, it's been a while. Where have you been? :)

Witness protection. It's all hush-hush but I basically testified against King Darkness in a sex ring scandal involving clowns and Nicholas Cage. :wave

It's not like I punch her then run away.

Well that's the problem right there. Chicks dig that. It gets the "juices" flowing. It's science.

Life's too short to contemplate these decisions. Go with your gut, decide if it's worth potentially losing a friend or gaining a girlfriend. Don't speculate beyond that.

Having a friend or coworker (or both) express romantic feelings for you can be super uncomfortable and upsetting.

Find somewhere to go with her one-on-one as friends. Don't call it a date. Let things go organically from there. Women aren't wholly oblivious creatures. Possible. outcomes: She'll suspect and politely decline or she'll go and steer it in a friendly direction or she'll go and leave things open for someone to make the first move. Just be receptive to any hints that she's not interested. Women (myself included) drop things into conversation to avoid potential awkwardness.

too bad no one at Mr. Green work place is hot enough except maybe one but she's like far away...or two

Mr. Green expect them to just fall on his lap anytime now, lol

Whether tis more noble to attempt to pull a girl after demonstration of your chivalrous tendencies or to let said chivalry stand on its own, in and of itself, as an example of just that.......am I between a rock and a hard place?

I did the latter

Last edited:
Back