Between a rock and hard place

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CriterionCollector

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ever known someone and just thought, "We're totally compatible", but there are several factors preventing you from making your true feelings for said person true. So you just sit there and you can say everything except for your true feelings?

That's not a rock and a hard place at all. That's a cliche used to describe circumstances beyond your control. Oh oh oh oh. You're mired in self doubt and fear.

Barring any work related rules against inner office romance, there worst that can happen is getting rejected.
Painful, but you'll live and you may regret not trying. Otherwise all scenarios are only in your head.

If there is chemistry, then let it be organic and natural. Figure out what it is about this person that attracts you to them. What are the "factors" that prevent this disclosure? I will say this, you are struggling to even share your own feelings/thoughts about this person here. How do you plan on sharing them with this person? Are you aware of how you feel about them (consciously)? I guess I'm not sure of what specifically you are talking about regarding your interactions with and current feelings towards this person. There is a lot of ambiguity in your responses.

Ever known someone and just thought, "We're totally compatible", but there are several factors preventing you from making your true feelings for said person true. So you just sit there and you can say everything except for your true feelings?

Yup.......sadly.

compatible is a ?? for Mr. Green. he tend to go for a different race. feelin? of course. never in the work place, although since Mr. Green usually don't last long or don't stay long, there's a slim possibility. we're mostly looking for love, hehe.

between a rock and a hard place sounded more like a dilemma

So what are the factors? Be specific.

Factors are I don't have a lot of friends and most people at work don't really care for me because I tend to not be really serious about anything. I come across as dickish but most times I'm joking. Went out with a couple coworkers on Friday, one went home. So we were sitting there and talking about various things. I mess around with her a lot at work, pranks and all and she gets it. She's got her issues and I've got mine, but we both came to the same conclusion that we appreciate each other since we don't hide what we are, warts and all. I'm kind of okay being friends as maintaining a professional work environment is more important than romances in my line of work.

Factors are I don't have a lot of friends and most people at work don't really care for me because I tend to not be really serious about anything. I come across as dickish but most times I'm joking. Went out with a couple coworkers on Friday, one went home. So we were sitting there and talking about various things. I mess around with her a lot at work, pranks and all and she gets it. She's got her issues and I've got mine, but we both came to the same conclusion that we appreciate each other since we don't hide what we are, warts and all. I'm kind of okay being friends as maintaining a professional work environment is more important than romances in my line of work.

Just keep it casual for now, then see what happens. Say, I'm going out for a drink after work, wanna join me? It's not a date, but.....do that sort of thing often enough, it might lead elsewhere. And it's not like you work directly with her, right? She's just a fellow teacher in the same building.

Back