Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve blocked out my night lol

F0EC7BA5-0F07-49B2-8E42-23F41202AA1B.jpeg

Agreed, I've been telling people that now for the past 3 seasons. I know Breaking Bad had more "shock" moments but BCS rolls forward more realistically and satisfyingly.
Yes. The pacing has been slow but sure and the tragedy of Jimmy has been absolutely heartbreaking. Walter was out and out a bad guy and I never had the sympathy for him that I have for Jimmy.

This is the only show on TV that I lap up every second and hate when it ends. It's that good.

Breaking Bad is a great show but I do prefer this because it focuses on Mike, Gus, Saul and Kim. By BB season 5, I wanted Walt to die.

Glad they premiered with two episodes. One would not have been enough given the slow burn they seem to be starting this season with. Can't wait for next week.

I can see that, since it's a slow build. There's a turning point in there and when it turns....it's true colors run through and continue

It took me a while to catch up on what was going on, because season two was a long time ago, but I'm halfway through the third season now. It's good, I like the slow burn and the performances.

I’m constantly impressed by the actress who plays Kim. She is amazing and as far as I am aware has not done anything else of significance. Someone give her a great movie role please

Loved the first two episodes of the final season as well, it's the only show I've kept watching for the past years, ever since it aired I've been there once every new episode is up and it's certainly been quite a ride.

I wouldn't say this or Breaking Bad are better than one or the other, I enjoy them both equally for different reasons, but I do think BCS is more clever in it's writting, so clever that it almost makes me fear they won't be able to tie things up as neatly as I would like but I have faith in Gould and Gilligan, they haven't really disappointed me thus far, El Camino was probably the weakest of the 3 stories and even that was still overall better than a lot of crap these days.

As far as my wishes I just really want to see everything falling apart with Jimmy and Kim and the others sorrounding the and how it leads into Jimmy fully embracing the Saul persona, I don't see a future where Saul Goodman has Kim in his life, also anxious to see how the whole Lalo/Nacho situation concludes given Saul kind of implies they're both alive in Breaking Bad, but of ourse he might not know what happened to them, of course I want to see at least an episode or two set in the Breaking Bad timeline, I think it's pretty much certain we will get episodes like that with the confirmation Walt and Jesse will be back, I just hope they're done tastefuly and add something to both stories and finally I hope we get a full episode of Gene/Jimmy in the 2013/present timeline, the fact they didn't show the usual flashforward sequence at the beginning of the season leads me to believe this will be the case.

Last edited:
That was Lalo in the car at the end right? :oops:
Lalo stayed in Mexico to find "proof" that it was Gus that attempted to take him out, that "proof" is probably Nacho.
If I have to guess the person tailing Jimmy and Kim is probably a private investigator of Howard, Clifford Main or maybe the Kettlemans themselves.

Last edited:
Finally, a well written show is back!
Far smaller budget and fewer visual effects etc than shows like Halo, Star Trek Discovery, Book of Boba Fett, Falcon and the Winter Soldier etc etc etc and yet it is far more compelling and entertaining. Why? Writing. Good acting and directing help but writing is the biggest factor as it is the foundation. Why can't more shows put effort into it? I am just glad we have something good to watch.

I have to try and not read anything in this thread, because I've only just got to the end of season 3, but it really is good.

Not sure why I didn't persist with it before, but the black and white flash-forward probably wasn't conducive to getting me back into the right mood for the series.

Back