Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a flashforward to BB last week in the opening which was a nice touch and I hope we more in the future. Next season will likely be the last and the one that fully ties everything together.

I was thinking we probably have a couple of seasons left. I'm figuring they're setting-up a Gene era after they tie-up the Saul transition. Maybe with some Breaking-Bad era stuff leading into it. Full circle kinda thing. The fall of Jimmy. The rise of Saul. The fall of Saul. And the rise of Gene/Jimmy.

I couldn't figure, for a long while, who he's hiding from with the Gene persona. The cops? Maybe. But, they don't generally go after lawyers, unless they have proof the lawyer is a criminal himself (which I guess Jesse might've spilled in his confession). And, he reacted to a suspected hitman in one of the Gene scenes ... which doesn't seem like a law enforcement problem.

Jesse? Nah. And, all the other potential threats to Saul are dead. Walt. Gus. Mike. Hank (though he might not know that). The Nazis.

But, it dawned on me that I might have the timetable screwed-up, and he might still be running from Heisenberg. The Gene scenes might be in the "Granite State" gap when Walt is alive and in hiding. That hadn't occurred to me before. I was thinking Walt was already dead and everybody knew it. Which means the Nazis could still be alive, also.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
All those engineers are going to end up being killed after their work is done, I can just see it. This isn't past Gus since he wanted Jesse and Walt killed after several months of cooking up meth in the super lab until they figured it out.

Saul doing that pastor voice on the phone was hilarious, but now it seems Kim has gotten a taste of the con artist life and wants more. This won't end well.

Kim is complicated.. it seems when she gets what she wants like a great Job and is aces at it she quickly becomes unhappy with the routine.When Jimmy asked her to help with the Huell case she said she would look into it,more so did it out of helping Jimmy than really wanting to.We know from the beginning of the season their relationship has been in a lethargic limbo kind of place.
So as Kim gets into the case and comes up against ADA Ericsen something happens.Kim begins to breath again and new blood flows.And the whole Jimmy Coushatta Louisana thing completely turning the case around really Turned Kim On.The phone thing was Genius and funny as hell.

All those engineers are going to end up being killed after their work is done, I can just see it. This isn't past Gus since he wanted Jesse and Walt killed after several months of cooking up meth in the super lab until they figured it out.

Saul doing that pastor voice on the phone was hilarious, but now it seems Kim has gotten a taste of the con artist life and wants more. This won't end well.

Yeah, I thought this as well when they were first introduced, with Kai as the resident jackass...the only question for me: is this where Mike fully breaks bad? “No half measures...”

yep' good episode.. looks like Werner has some serious medical condition he is hiding that is getting worse.Guess he wants to get home to his wife before it's too late.But he did the wrong thing by running away.Now he may never make it home.

I thought Jimmy nailed his interview,a few flubs but I can't agree that what they wanted was to hear about Brother Chuck.Jimmy got low-balled.

Nacho watching Lalo question Hector and Hector ringing that bell was pretty tense.Now Nacho and Gus are going to have to take care of Lalo.:gun

Phenomenal finale to a phenomenal season of quality television. :clap

The look of disappointment and disbelief on Kim's face at the end said it all really. She now sees Saul for the slippery snake that he is.

Mike being put in a situation where he has to kill someone he didn't want to kill, a similar situation with Walt in season 3, is just another example of his no half measures rule. Very emotional stuff.

Bet they announce Season 5 will be the last soon. Also expect cameos from Hank, Gomez, Walt and Jesse in the last season.

Phenomenal finale to a phenomenal season of quality television. :clap

The look of disappointment and disbelief on Kim's face at the end said it all really. She now sees Saul for the slippery snake that he is.

Mike being put in a situation where he has to kill someone he didn't want to kill, a similar situation with Walt in season 3, is just another example of his no half measures rule. Very emotional stuff.

:exactly:

I was a little surprised how matter of factly Gus decided Werners fate even after Mike laid out the facts about the Dig.Then to see the bozo Gus trusts and brings down into the Dig.Just seemed like that was the kind of guy Gus would never be involved with or trust.

Mike did possibly save Werners wife.

They could easily run this series in parallel with the BB timeline. Saul was in and out of a handful of episodes on BB. Just because the BB timeline begins, doesn't mean the BCS timeline has to end...

I’ll be that guy; the great blasphemer. This episode was as good as any episode of Breaking Bad and I feel like Bob Odenkirk has made a strong case for himself as a Best Actor contender at next year’s Emmys. I have so much to say about it and I don’t even know where to begin, so, I guess I’ll start at the beginning. That Karaoke scene was the perfect distillation of Jimmy and Chuck’s relationship. It’s interesting because so many people have been talking about “what could have been” and how it’s somehow representative of a time when Jimmy and Chuck’s relationship was different, but it wasn’t. That Karaoke stage may as well have been the rest of their life. It’s Jimmy’s night, he’s finally a lawyer, he’s up there being terrible, but he’s having fun with it and, as with everything, Chuck handles that the same as he does everything, he wrestles away control and makes himself the center of attention. I’m the better singer, I’m the better lawyer, I’m the better brother. All these little microaggressions that speak to who he was.

But the thing that stands out to me is that he wasn’t actually the better brother, and I think that scene beautifully exemplifies that. Even though it’s his night, Jimmy was content to relegate himself to the background and watch Chuck take center stage because, truthfully, I think that he was content just knowing that his brother would actually share the stage with him. It was a fantastic song choice, as well, and it set the course for the entire episode and I think that’s what makes the breakdown in the car so heartbreaking. He’s lost his faith in people. He sees himself in Kristina and he sees Chuck in every lawyer in that room. He goes to his reinstatement hearing and, for once in his life, he is, authentically, Jimmy McGill, and they call him “insincere.”

I think the profound irony in all of it, and the most bitter pill to swallow, is the fact that he had taken for granted the one individual who was always in his corner and his loss of faith in others had resulted in her loss of faith in him. That “‘s all good, man” was one of the single greatest transformations in film and television history because it wasn’t just Batman putting on his mask or Darth Vader breaking free of his restraints, it was a moment of realization that came at someone else’s expense. That’s what’s so amazing about it. That this moment they’ve built up for four years; the title of the show, and, really, the climax of this particular arc in this man’s journey, isn’t even about the main character. Somehow, they took Jimmy McGill’s big moment, the one we were all waiting for, and did something with it where the only person we could think about was Kim. That’s goddamn brilliant.

And Mike’s journey, thematically, was the perfect capper to the episode because it really acted as a mirror to what was happening with Jimmy. We all make our choices and they often hurt the ones who care for us most. I loved the subplot with Werner and the Germans and I loved that they used Werner to imbue Mike with some semblance of vulnerability. Life and loss has made him a hard man, and it’s rare that you see someone manage to chip away at that. His friendship with Werner and his relationship with Gus was one of those things where, it was like watching a train wreck, you knew what was coming; you could see the devastation before it even happened, and yet, there was nothing anyone could do.

I think what was so great about that final moment was that, in a weird way, Werner was being the merciful one. He knew that he had ****ed up, he knew that Mike had done everything in his power to protect him and to try and prevent this from happening, and he continues to do so, helping Werner ensure that his wife is safe. I think, in his own way, though, he knew that Mike’s being the one to do it was his final act of friendship. And it was a beautiful and, simultaneously horrifying moment, because you are cast in Mike’s shoes. You don’t want Werner to die, but you know there’s no other way this plays out, and the fact that Werner managed to take everything in stride and sort of be at peace with it when he took his final walk; it was almost like a preemptive act of forgiveness and an acknowledgement that this wasn’t Mike’s decision to make.

All things considered, this show continues to surprise me and it boggles my mind that it’s a spin-off, because, frankly speaking, no spin-off has any right to be this good.:lol

I’ll be that guy; the great blasphemer. This episode was as good as any episode of Breaking Bad and I feel like Bob Odenkirk has made a strong case for himself as a Best Actor contender at next year’s Emmys. I have so much to say about it and I don’t even know where to begin, so, I guess I’ll start at the beginning. That Karaoke scene was the perfect distillation of Jimmy and Chuck’s relationship. It’s interesting because so many people have been talking about “what could have been” and how it’s somehow representative of a time when Jimmy and Chuck’s relationship was different, but it wasn’t. That Karaoke stage may as well have been the rest of their life. It’s Jimmy’s night, he’s finally a lawyer, he’s up there being terrible, but he’s having fun with it and, as with everything, Chuck handles that the same as he does everything, he wrestles away control and makes himself the center of attention. I’m the better singer, I’m the better lawyer, I’m the better brother. All these little microaggressions that speak to who he was.

But the thing that stands out to me is that he wasn’t actually the better brother, and I think that scene beautifully exemplifies that. Even though it’s his night, Jimmy was content to relegate himself to the background and watch Chuck take center stage because, truthfully, I think that he was content just knowing that his brother would actually share the stage with him. It was a fantastic song choice, as well, and it set the course for the entire episode and I think that’s what makes the breakdown in the car so heartbreaking. He’s lost his faith in people. He sees himself in Kristina and he sees Chuck in every lawyer in that room. He goes to his reinstatement hearing and, for once in his life, he is, authentically, Jimmy McGill, and they call him “insincere.”

I think the profound irony in all of it, and the most bitter pill to swallow, is the fact that he had taken for granted the one individual who was always in his corner and his loss of faith in others had resulted in her loss of faith in him. That “‘s all good, man” was one of the single greatest transformations in film and television history because it wasn’t just Batman putting on his mask or Darth Vader breaking free of his restraints, it was a moment of realization that came at someone else’s expense. That’s what’s so amazing about it. That this moment they’ve built up for four years; the title of the show, and, really, the climax of this particular arc in this man’s journey, isn’t even about the main character. Somehow, they took Jimmy McGill’s big moment, the one we were all waiting for, and did something with it where the only person we could think about was Kim. That’s goddamn brilliant.

And Mike’s journey, thematically, was the perfect capper to the episode because it really acted as a mirror to what was happening with Jimmy. We all make our choices and they often hurt the ones who care for us most. I loved the subplot with Werner and the Germans and I loved that they used Werner to imbue Mike with some semblance of vulnerability. Life and loss has made him a hard man, and it’s rare that you see someone manage to chip away at that. His friendship with Werner and his relationship with Gus was one of those things where, it was like watching a train wreck, you knew what was coming; you could see the devastation before it even happened, and yet, there was nothing anyone could do.

I think what was so great about that final moment was that, in a weird way, Werner was being the merciful one. He knew that he had ****ed up, he knew that Mike had done everything in his power to protect him and to try and prevent this from happening, and he continues to do so, helping Werner ensure that his wife is safe. I think, in his own way, though, he knew that Mike’s being the one to do it was his final act of friendship. And it was a beautiful and, simultaneously horrifying moment, because you are cast in Mike’s shoes. You don’t want Werner to die, but you know there’s no other way this plays out, and the fact that Werner managed to take everything in stride and sort of be at peace with it when he took his final walk; it was almost like a preemptive act of forgiveness and an acknowledgement that this wasn’t Mike’s decision to make.

All things considered, this show continues to surprise me and it boggles my mind that it’s a spin-off, because, frankly speaking, no spin-off has any right to be this good.:lol

So on point and brilliantly written. Well done, good sir.

:clap

Excellent summary!

I went into this latest episode thinking it was the series finale. I was very confused by the 35 minute mark, thinking "Man, they've got a lot to wrap up here", and by the time the credits rolled, I was very confused.

But good news everyone, we have one more season!!

I will say, I am very intrigued by Kim. It's so interesting to contrast her to Skyler in how Kim is more or less enabling Jimmy. I remember people complaining about how awful Skyler was, so to see a distinctly different counterpart to the protagonist is fun to watch.

Back