Best Villain DEATH in LOTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so I'm not up to speed with all the deaths included in the Extended Edition...Gothmog, Saruman... but I am curious what people think was the best or most fitting death for their favorite Jackson's LOTR villains.

Imploding Witch-King? Chopped-and-arrowed Lurtz? Stomped Grishnah? Well then, who?

I think Lurtz is still my favorite death. It's a pretty good fight and then Aragorn shows how great a swordsman he is.

Wor-Gar said:
His opening "death" or the ROTK death?

I was thinking of ROTK, with the eye flickering out, the Dark Tower crumbling, and the earth cracking open to swallow up his armies. That was a spectacular way to go.

Being a fan of Shakespeare, I really dug how Tolkien riffed on MacBeth on the Witch King's death.

I concur. Sauron's final destruction really was one of the greatest emotional events of the story, and it still moves me when I see it.

I think I'll go watch ROTK now.
:cool:

speedracer said:
my favorite was lurtz the way he drove the sword deeper into his chest and shouted a battle cry in aragorns face..badass until the end..

Ditto. Awesome way to go out!

Gotta go with Lurtz. He just doesn't give a damn. He licks the blood off the knife, pulls the sword in deeper, and screams in Aragorn's face. That's how you go out.

The way that Eowyn dispatches the Witchking makes that my favorite killing, but I thought his death was anti-climactic, given how cool that passage is from the book. The Lurtz scene stands on its own, though, and I love his ferocity, and they way he pulls himself onto the sword before snarling in Aragorn's face!

Back