Best custom painting job?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

501stcanada

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am planning to customize one of my 1:6 clone trooper. Could you recommend me someone who would do it? I already know about Mike and Greggor. Just wonder if is there anyone here is considered to be the best of customizing figures. I have no skills in painting and I dont have any will to do it either.

If you want a realistic paint, i've seen amazing work from silent surfer. Costs a few bucks, but his skills are beyond awesome.

If you want a realistic paint, i've seen amazing work from silent surfer. Costs a few bucks, but his skills are beyond awesome.

If hell answer your emial! I dont think hes taking new customers. U want to talk to elvis1976 or sten guinta or for the best skin tones 8-bit

Can you produce the dark blue color as the deluxe version though? I saw your 501st packs. They look pretty good, but the blue is a bit too light. I want him to fit in with the other clones. And how much can you do it for me including the airborne?

On my 501st clones I made the color a bit lighter because they are a bit lighter based on reference photos. Color matching isn't too hard. When painting the ariborn trooper, are we talking painting it with the exact same pattern it has, as in painting over everything orange?

On my 501st clones I made the color a bit lighter because they are a bit lighter based on reference photos. Color matching isn't too hard. When painting the airborne trooper, are we talking painting it with the exact same pattern it has, as in painting over everything orange?

Yes, exactly. I really like the color of the deluxe version.

I just want to know how are you gonna deal with the damages on the orange color. you will keep it, or you will repaint it as well? I rather you to keep the original look as much as possible.

When I repaint a clone I generally do new battle damage but that's not to say I couldn't paint around the present battle damage. This will be a new case painting blue over the orange because for the white scratches I normally just take a nail file or a razor blade to the color and scratch off paint to show the white underneath. Obviously that won't work here. As far as the black weathering goes, that's easy. Because I can do one of two things, I can paint around the original or I can paint everything I need to blue and then use my 212th Airborne clone as reference to replicate the weathering back to how it appeared before on top of the blue.

I was checking out the Airborne trooper on Rebelscum's photo archives and it doesn't look like it will be difficult at all.

SO would you mind if I ask what would be the difference between your paint and the original paint of Sideshow? I am afraid that after awhile, your paint will be tear off and the orange of the original will approach.

It depends on what you're wanting to do with said clone. Is this strictly a display piece or for play? The paints I use are high quality acrylics that when dry are really durable and feel the same as Sideshow's factory paint apps. A lot of times you can have paint that just feels uneven and the texture is off but that's not the case with my clone customs. I sometimes even have a hard time scratching the paint for weathering. Most times I do multiple watered down coats of paint to make it more durable and natural looking.

I will mostly make some poses for pictures, and 90% of the time will be for displaying. Its a very tough decision since I never have any custom figure before. On the other hand, the weathering of this guy is very good. Its almost on par with the new deluxe versions, so when I put them together, it will look very nice, that to say if your painting is also as detailed as Sideshow. Is it too much to ask you to put him next to the 501st phase, echo and 5 phase 1 and make a picture so I can see?

Put the Airborne trooper beside them to compare weathering?

I may can later but at the moment I'm still at work.

Back