Premium Format Bespin Luke Skywalker Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this piece today at my LCS. First impressions are the paint and eyes are very good. Complexion is a tad dark but I really like the wash in the hair and the eyes are glassy and detailed. The fit of the costume is fitted and accurate. The pose is ridiculous. The lit lightsaber is weak AF. The belt thickness is alright, but has almost no weathering on the leather portions and the flaps don't work (which is funny b/c they make functional pouches on much smaller, 1/6 figures).

I'd love to own (the exclusive b/c that blaster hand is a MUST) but can't swing the $. Still, it's a damn nice piece.

Last edited:
My portrait does NOT look like this...

Was the paint quality not as good? I'm curious what was different about yours. Especially after Bmarz most recent comment I'm close to jumping on this. The weak lightsaber doesn't concern me much because I'll always use the exclusive blaster.

Seriously, some of the nicest paint-work I've seen on a PF in a long time. On the face mainly, b/c the hands and boots are a little flat. I wish they would have gone with fabric-covered boots. In the movies, Han's boots are all leather and look alright cast in plastic, Luke's ESB boots are all fabric with straps. The use of all plastic (or polystone, whatever) makes the boots look toy-like.

Also, the sculpt of the base is really beautiful but a little oversized. Could have been more compact with the same amount of detail. The lack of a light-up floor on a Bespin themed base is a glaring omission. Hell, even Sideshow's original IG-88 (who wasn't even on Bespin) had a light up Bespin base! Wonder if the base could be customized to light from the bottom?

Last edited:
Was the paint quality not as good? I'm curious what was different about yours. Especially after Bmarz most recent comment I'm close to jumping on this. The weak lightsaber doesn't concern me much because I'll always use the exclusive blaster.

Its painted very well and he eyes decals are nice as well.. BUT.. his skin is so damn dark and lifeless it looks like zombie skin ...

I saw them open up this bad boy at Timewalker today.
Kind of jealous of anyone who's getting this. It's absolutely incredible in person.

Just got mine in! Love it!!!

b4826715aed79cdf8d463f742c60b0b7.jpg

84225e0a1f8f5339baf2969e6e9639b5.jpg

b9e04f304c34f0e505078e65b1bb2014.jpg

08a73b634effb2b4537765a3de2695f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! Notice how you can see a “halo” around Vader’s saber though? Luke’s isn’t half as bright. Wonder if a new battery might help?

Thanks for the review. I agree they should have NEVER used batteries on this piece. The AC adapter should have been used. Maybe then the saber would have been brighter.

Does your Vader PF have an AC adapter.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I agree they should have NEVER used batteries on this piece. The AC adapter should have been used. Maybe then the saber would have been brighter.

Does your Vader PF have an AC adapter.

The ROTJ Vader (Which is still available) does have an adapter.

Makes no sense why they wouldn't include an AC option and light the floor when they did both of those things for Vader - and at a cheaper price. And what a PITA to change batteries with the tiny screw and having to take him apart. Not to mention you'll have to futz with the clothes again to get everything to match up when you put him back together.

Makes no sense why they wouldn't include an AC option and light the floor when they did both of those things for Vader - and at a cheaper price. And what a PITA to change batteries with the tiny screw and having to take him apart. Not to mention you'll have to futz with the clothes again to get everything to match up when you put him back together.

I like Sideshow but once in a while they do something stupid. Making a light-up base for Vader PF for NO reason except "cool factor" and then omitting a light-up floor that was actually in the movie makes no sense. Also, why no AC Adaptor? Batteries suck.

Unfortunately this statue just screams cheap.

Hell they're going even cheaper with the Ben Kenobi PF, he doesn't even get a light up saber!

Seriously? They're going to be tripping over this guy in the SS warehouse for years.

As far a we know, yes. They announced it during the Sideshow Live that did for the new Ben Kenobi last year.

Things could definitely change between that show and now though.

Back