Premium Format Bespin Luke Skywalker Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow might be able to do decent Hoth Luke and Han statues. They seem to struggle with the human sculpts with hair but they would bypass this problem with Hoth. Could go nuts and make a Wampa too...

If SSC did have license there many they could make, some redo characters Luke, Han in uniforms that have yet to get made in large scale and I have think wont get made. I would take a Luke Variant of Luke Pilot, Snow Gear, Jedi. Your correct with $500.00 and say 500 ES they should sell. I had figured for about 10 years we get here where these would be so much that SSC would either bail or make few anymore

A few that they could make that could and should sell
Thrawn
Ahsoka
Obi Wan ROTS
New Emperor
Battledroid not a popular character but no company has made it in polystone, and I have to think no one is going to
Probe Droid Attakus owned that from when it came out and it's a masterpiece, with what people pay for them a SSC 1/4 would sell
Wampa
Tarkin again
Scout
Snowie
New Gen Grev
New Anakin
Gen Kenobi
Darth Maul on Bike XM. many want XM but too much to ship.
Tauntauns although with how much statues are today would not be cheap
SSC missed so many they could have made like Tauntauns when Speeder Bike came up they could have made those at $1,000 each.
I can't imagine us having this debate when we could get a SSC PF Star Wars $200.00 shipped on sale. I bought many I wouldn't have if the weren't $200.00 Darth Maul in 2007, ROTJ Luke, CT, Scout.

Last edited:
I have a chance to get the non EX for $350 shipped. I don’t have a Luke statue yet and was debating this one or the RotJ PF. I’m thinking this one would look good next to the Vader PF, but idk, like others say something about the likeness just seems a little off. I’m still tempted to bite at that price though, maybe have the head repainted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own both and imo the paint is actually better on the ESB Luke while the sculpt is still better on the old ROTJ Luke. While I love both, I would recomment the ROTJ Luke even though the ESB outfit is perhaps my favorite in the movies. The ROTJ Luke is just still better to me personally.

I own both and imo the paint is actually better on the ESB Luke while the sculpt is still better on the old ROTJ Luke. While I love both, I would recomment the ROTJ Luke even though the ESB outfit is perhaps my favorite in the movies. The ROTJ Luke is just still better to me personally.

This is pretty sad because a statue made to today's industry standards and prices should blow away something made several years ago.

Surprised there is not a Force Friday promo on this, the exclusive version is still available and it's been out a long while. I wonder if the non exclusive version was only made for third party retailers.

Less than 10% off, not very substantial. But maybe the lowest they will go unless still around next Spook.

Also no discount on Leia, free shipping only.

Yeah I'm still waiting on Leia myself.

Don't really see this Luke joining my collection anytime soon. But this price my entice other collectors.

I don't imagine this statue will sell out anytime soon. I know on their Lex and Cheetah statues they ended up offering $100 off and free shipping. I could see that happening with this statue if you wait long enough.

I will bite at $100 off and free shipping. same with Han and Leia.

No rush for any of these...although to my amazement, vader sold out.

Every time I revisit the possibility of picking this up I once again am reminded that the base doesn't light up. The light up floor of the carbon freeze chamber is very iconic and it's absolutely ridiculous that Sideshow cheaped out on such an important feature.

Every time I revisit the possibility of picking this up I once again am reminded that the base doesn't light up. The light up floor of the carbon freeze chamber is very iconic and it's absolutely ridiculous that Sideshow cheaped out on such an important feature.

Absolutely! What a wasted opportunity! Watch the movie SS! Floor lights up!

They'll be tripping over these boxes in the warehouse for years.

Absolutely! What a wasted opportunity! Watch the movie SS! Floor lights up!

They'll be tripping over these boxes in the warehouse for years.

Well they have one less to trip over, I ordered it despite my hang ups with the base and pose. It might get cheaper but I'm not convinced it will and i had to get the exclusive. The blaster hand is the only thing that makes the pose work at all. I really want a 1/4 Bespin Luke and I don't see another version arriving for a very long time. My expectations aren't super high so I might not be let down.

It is solid looking statue in hand, looks much better than the pics and it has grown on me over time. It is by no means, the best ever..definitive..no need to upgrade ever Bespin Luke, but for now it is great and I'm happy to have this one in the collection. I broke down and used the free Canada shipping offer to get the Stormy with Han sculpt as well in hopes one day down the road, we will get a Luke version as well.

I plan to eventually get Leia, probably mostly with points. I'm about halfway there and have more points rolling in soon. The edition size is 1000 on her so I feel safe waiting.

I have this assembled as of this morning. I'm not blown away but I'm not disappointed either. It's nice but not without issues.

I do like the sculpt. If it's not subjected to harsh light it looks very nice. I think it would be even better if the eyes were correctly colored a dull blueish green instead of the brown Sideshow went with, look at a screenshot Sideshow!:slap. The hair sculpt is very nicely done and I think and Sideshow painted Hamill's hair better than Hot Toys ever has, the color looks very good.

The outfit overall looks excellent and I really like the belt. The belt material seems way better than pleather, why isn't this material used in 1/6? Unfortunately there is a button that snaps at the bottom of the jack that does not lay flat enough which I find pretty annoying. The pants and jacket also require a LOT of futzing to get looking right, especially for a statue. Cloth boots may have been nice but potentially problematic and I like the sculpted ones here better than I thought I would.

The base of course does not light up which is inexcusable. It otherwise looks good. I'll never use the lightsaber in his hand, it just looks wonky as hell with this pose. Get the exclusive if you want this. Recommended if you are a big Luke Skywalker fan, particularly the Bespin look.

thanks for the review. yeah...the exclusive is a must for this. hope to score one down the road if a great deal emerges.

Sideshow needs to revisit Luke again in terms of premium format statues again. And make one where, you know, he’s not standing in that ridiculous sneaky scooby doo pose.

Back