Bespin Luke collar correct??????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the collar, it would great if Sideshow changed it, but it's a flaw I can live with given the whole package.

Normally I would agree but in my opinion, this is a big design flaw on the outfit. It just looks wrong. The pockets are not as big of a deal, though. THAT I could live with. But at $70 bucks a shot, we shouldn't have to compromise on something that could have easily been found early on.

Normally I would agree but in my opinion, this is a big design flaw on the outfit. It just looks wrong. The pockets are not as big of a deal, though. THAT I could live with. But at $70 bucks a shot, we shouldn't have to compromise on something that could have easily been found early on.

For me, I can live with it because it's something I didn't even notice until comparison pics were posted.

Things like Anakin's dark lips, Han's ill-fitting jacket...those things reach out and smack you in the face.

But for those of you for which this is an issue...I hope Sideshow corrects it.

I understand. But the incorrect collar did jump out to me. The pockets didn't, though. I don't think it's a deal breaker for me, but it's definitely a flaw, in my opinion.

I understand. But the incorrect collar did jump out to me. The pockets didn't, though. I don't think it's a deal breaker for me, but it's definitely a flaw, in my opinion.

Ahhh...so nice to actually have a pleasant, civilized discussion over a collectible... :)

Oddly enough, the pockets I noticed, but I figure once I water treat the puffy clothes, it won't be as bad.

I am pretty sure that with alittle TopStick I can make that collar look just like it should... The pockets on the other hand... :banghead

That's funny. The pockets didn't bother me as much as the funky collar did. On a positive note the belt/holster looks amazing. Very nice weathering detail. It looks like the leather is actually worn. I do hope SS notices the flaw on the collar and corrects it. This is probably my most favorite representation of Luke in the OT.

What's a topstick Pix?

Its that sticky wig tape (or toupee tape). I should be able to just fold the collar down on the inside onto the some thinly cut topstick and it should make the collar short enough to shape like the source photographs from ESB.

Ok, here's the deal. Like usual, Sideshow made his neck too short. Compare the photos. The collar wouldn't go up to his ears because its too large. His neck is simply too short. I would much rather keep the collar in proportion to the rest of the jacket and extend his neck.

On the other hand, the pockets really jumped out at me. And I'd hate to have to retailor Luke's jacket like I already have to do for Han's.

luke_skywalker_wallpaper1024.jpg

VS

SCC_0770_resize.jpg

The neck is fine. It's just the collar is off. Any longer he'll look like a giraffe.
The pockets, I agree tho.

You're telling me that the figure has the same proportioned neck as Mark Hamill's?:confused:

So your telling me the collar is the same proportion as the real Bespin Jacket?

IMO, if that collar is raised, the neck would have to be extended another 5mm AT LEAST. bacause at this moment, if the collar doesnt have the flap, it would be the perfect height. So you'd have to add the difference of the lowered flap to the neck.

Can someone do a photoshop. I would love to see that effect:lol

The collar on the figure already goes up to where it should. But it's folded down. There's twice as much material as needed. It'll still be too high.

Also, he's stretching his neck out in that picture.

I am pretty sure that with alittle TopStick I can make that collar look just like it should...
I disagree. You will be able to make it look better, and maybe even close enough that it is acceptable to you, but the cut of the material on the figure is different than the cut of the costume from the movie. The costume has no lapels. Look at the notch in the lapel on the figure, and then look at the seam between the collar and body of the jacket on the costume. They are not even similar.

bespin-collar.jpg

Plus, there is quite a bit more fabric in the figure's collar than in the costume (relatively speaking, of course ;)). Getting that to fit down to a point where it is acceptable may cause the rest of the costume to look a bit wonky.

So your telling me the collar is the same proportion as the real Bespin Jacket?

IMO, if that collar is raised, the neck would have to be extended another 5mm AT LEAST. bacause at this moment, if the collar doesnt have the flap, it would be the perfect height. So you'd have to add the difference of the lowered flap to the neck.

Can someone do a photoshop. I would love to see that effect:lol

because the 1/1 scale fabric is thicker on a 1/6th body, the neck needs to be longer when a collar is used on a figure's shirt/jacket. blue box got this right with their G3.5 figures. when the figure is nude, the neck looks too long, but when dressed, it looks perfect. this will be the case with this bespin luke too. his neck needs to be longer for the collar to look right.

bespin-collar.jpg

Interesting RoboDad... Hmmmm. That does present a few problems... I guess I'll see what I can do when he comes.

Back