Bespin Luke collar correct??????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure on the left has a longer neck. Does he look like a giraffe?

img9387600bj9.jpg

Yeah , while it doesnt look like a giraffe, the neck is definitely too long and unproportioned.

Well I guess we all have personal preference. I'd much prefer a long neck over a figure that is too wide and bulky.

529~Anakin-Skywalker-Posters.jpg

img9132600xb6.jpg

Let's keep in mind that many of us preordered Leia as Boush about this time last year. Who knows, Luke might end up taking just as long if they decide to fix the errors in the prototype.

Without the extended neck, Hayden's prominent adam's apple is hidden behind the collar.

img9506500rg1.jpg

Last edited:
True that on Sideshow's production Anakin isn't AS prominent as your custom Justin, but for one, the clothes in your production image don't look futzed with, I didn't even water treat my Anakin just worked the clothes and I see the adam's apple just fine, but clearly in your last few images, the neck does look far too long when compared to where the shoulder of the clothing fall, his trapezius muscles, by the laying of the robes, would be basically running into the base of the neck, where they angle from your shoulders to the back of your neck, and with the clothes on nice and snug, the shoulders on Sideshow figures look about right. Most of what I've seen, the clothes on Bespin Luke look to be sorta just thrown on not really worked or anything, but I do aggree with the comments regarding the scale and cutout of the collar, it isn't quite right and I nags me a bit how Yavin Luke's jacket collar does't wrap his neck in a natural way, but with a little futzing like pixletwin said, it can at least look very nice regardless of how much it is or isn't film accurrate, it's not so far off that it would scream to a casual viewer, only us diehards who have the film images burnt into our minds.

In post #124, Hayden has his neck leaning forward and it still appears longer than the production figure's straight neck after I tightened the clothing over his shoulders in the futzed pic just below it. I wanted to get the figure looking taller and slimmer, more like Hayden in the reference photos, than the wide appearance.

In post #124, Hayden has his neck leaning forward and it still appears longer than the production figure's straight neck after I tightened the clothing over his shoulders in the futzed pic just below it.

Justin, first I'm in no way trying to attack your custom, it looks great, just participating in the neck discussion going on here. As for the promo image you're speaking of, his shoulders look quite broad and powerful in it and your longer neck actually visually makes the shoulders of the figure seem smaller, and looking at the picture of your custom with the Vader next to it, your Vader figure doesn't look like his clothes have been futzed with nearly so much as your custom, same for the closeup shot a few posts after that, and looking at the side by side, if you did that to the production figure's clothes, I think you'd find more neck detail showing.

I'm not trying to derail this thread. I am genuinely trying to get neck proportions correct as well, regardless of the figure.

I repositioned the clothing to give a more rounded shoulder look.

img9527600jl7.jpg

Anakin_small.png

He just needs more of a slope from the neck to the shoulders, otherwise it appears somewhat out of place. It's not necessarily too long, but the shoulders need to look more natural.

Ok, getting better? I desperately need better lighting.

img9536600mp2.jpg

That does look good Justin, and it's just about how my as is Anakin looks, in some cases necks could benefit from being longer looking, but with Ep3 Anakin, I think you really want to maintin the broad shoulders looks. Yes Hayden did tone up for the film, but they also used wardrobe and his hair to give him and even bulkier, more powerful appearance form AOTC.

I dont think they'll fix the collar. they'd have to redesign the jacket.

In regards to Plo's lightsaber, all that was is changing the color of the plastic blade. much easier to do imo.

I dont think they'll fix the collar. they'd have to redesign the jacket.

In regards to Plo's lightsaber, all that was is changing the color of the plastic blade. much easier to do imo.

Well we did see Plo's robe tailored a bit not to mention ANH Leia's dress... so we'll see. :lol

Back