Bespin Luke collar correct??????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This whole thread is ****in hilarious, i almost pissed myself at maulfans jackin off comments.

:rotfl:rotfl

:wave:chug

Guys, this is supposed to be a discussion on whether or not the outfit needs to be re-tailored...

NOT another freakin' Medi vs SSC thread!!!!

And this #*$*(# debate wasn't even topical!!! Someone just decided to open their mouth and spark a flame war by saying "Wait for Medicom", and we all know where that leads.

Leave this crap in the Sandbox already!!!

For the record, I own both Medicom and Sideshow, and for me I'll buy the ones I like. Medi Vader was worth every penny, and I can't see SSC topping it for my tastes, but I personally think my SSC Maul is better than the overpriced Medicom.

But do you see me in here b##ching up a storm and trading nasty remarks??

Keep it civil already on this issue. Agree to disagree. If you must debate, try to have some tact and respect please.

END SITHLORD0498 SOAPBOX TRANSMISSION...

:cool:

but but Medicom figures are too clean.

Anyways, it's not about comments like "wait for Medicom".
We've heard comments "wait for Sideshow" for years and couldnt give a crap.

It's "I dont like How Medicom Looks' and just leaving at that. What does that even mean?

Honestly, I dont give a crap. Let's all move on then.

Too clean? That's the excuse. Even it's isnt as accurate as Medicom's you'll like them more?
Oh okay...

I might. I might not. What I want are figures that look cool to me. If something about a figure doesn't look the way I like, then I don't like the figure. There are plenty of Sideshow examples of that in both directions. I just have yet to see a Medicom Star Wars figure that I like. Even ROTJ Vader doesn't do it for me. Not saying he isn't an excellent figure, just that there's something about it that makes me not want to buy it.

Honestly, I dont give a crap.

Yeah, I can see that.

But you already assume that Sideshow figures are already better. I mean in your eyes, Medicom will not be able to top Yavin Luke or ANY Sideshow SW figures?

But you already assume that Sideshow figures are already better. I mean in your eyes, Medicom will not be able to top Yavin Luke or ANY Sideshow SW figures?

You got a head like a brick, you know that?

Yavin Luke looks like crap. Medicom's Maul has a better head. So where does that leave us?

You got a head like a brick, you know that?

Yavin Luke looks like crap. Medicom's Maul has a better head. So where does that leave us?

ummm... a medicom maul head on a yavin luke body? :confused:

When I say I dont give a crap, means that I dont have to get nasty like calling figures other people own girly or saying you got heads like bricks.

What I'm saying which you dont understand is, is it correct no matter how good a medicom figure looks, you still think SS will be better whether they've already been made or not? Cos that is the impression I get.

That's exactly what I'm not saying.

And if you hadn't been implying that from the start, I wouldn't have called your stormtroopers girly. My apologies.

It's an expectation, based on how I've responded to the Sideshow figures I like. Boushh in particular. It doesn't imply that all Sideshow will turn out better than Medicom.

Here's a better example: I have the Evangelion figures. Based on those, I'd expect Medicom to make a better Ilum Padme. I'd also expect Takara to make a better Aayla Secura, based on what I've seen of Takara's females. Does that make more sense?

Okay but you said you dont like how Medicom figures look like and you like SS version better.

For example,
Medi Fetts are in my opinion are practically perfect. You said you dont like them fetts but would expect SS Fetts(when they are made of course) to be better.
How would SS made them better cos that's the reason for this "dispute" or misunderstanding.? I'm intrigue to know.

Is it because they are too clean? or the paint on the Fetts not good enough?

You know I never really bothered to articulate it because it wasn't that important to me, but I suppose that the paint is one of my bigger issues.

Scale is another factor. Not in comparison to other 1:6 figures, but in relation to the rest of the things in the world that I look at. Sideshow figures seem more solid to me. Medicom, not so much.

It's just the way the details tend to come together in each company's figures. Medicom strikes me more like CGI. Sideshow, more like Ray Harryhausen. Maybe someday Medicom will make a figure that is more like the latter. But I don't expect it.

Okay but for the case for the Fetts, what paint job is supposed to be the problem(they are helmeted characters). The HS of Temuera Morrison looks solid without the tons of paint.

Medicom always tries to deliver it's product as accurately to the proto pics. True that their HS paint is lacking but that's almost(95%) what you get all the time.

Paint job on the headsculpt has always been like that(Takara too). But that's how it's advertised and you'd know what you're getting.

With sideshow it's almost a 50-50 chance that the paint will look good. Were you are nervous on how Boushh(My fave SS figure) would turn up?

So we've come to scale, I dont see a problem With medicom's style of feet, you can adjust heights to fit to most of it's figures where as for Sideshow , you got like 3-4 basic heights . Luke seems practically as tall as Han and Obi is as tall as Mace. So I dont get the scale obsession holding water.

However ,I'll give RAH Vader to you cos IMO Vader is too small but the detail and accuracy(ROTJ version) more than makes up for that.

Then I guess it's more than the paint. Because the stormtroopers don't do it for me either. Or the clone trooper. There's something about the armor that looks too boxy. Too symmetrical. It's hard to put a finger on, but when I see a Medicom trooper next to a Marmit trooper, what is inadequate about the Medicom one jumps right out at me. With Boba, the helmet looks strange. With Jango, his head looked strange. More of that 'over-symmetrical' issue that I had with the stormtroopers. Scale-wise, it's not the height that bothers me. It's the lack of weight.

I was nervous about Boushh. Not anymore though.

I thought the original ANH Leia that they showed when she was unveiled was a trainwreck. But the one being shown at SDCC right now looks much better.

(Incidentally, I liked the Obi-wan that shipped better than the proto.)

I won't say that Sideshow is consistent in their quality, but when they're good, that is what I want in a Star Wars figure. Even if they can't pose like Spiderman (if you know the thread I'm talking about; yeah, that was impressive).

Back to topic :

Bespin Lukes collar

Guessing that was a big boo boo,

Similar to the jedi Luke head sculpt and the expressive "oooh that saber up the ar.se stings"

jl1c1k1.jpg

and the kicker is I own one

Im actually glad ive not got the spondooolies to afford Bespin Luke

Last edited:
Then I guess it's more than the paint. Because the stormtroopers don't do it for me either. Or the clone trooper. There's something about the armor that looks too boxy. Too symmetrical. It's hard to put a finger on, but when I see a Medicom trooper next to a Marmit trooper, what is inadequate about the Medicom one jumps right out at me. With Boba, the helmet looks strange. With Jango, his head looked strange. More of that 'over-symmetrical' issue that I had with the stormtroopers. Scale-wise, it's not the height that bothers me. It's the lack of weight.

I was nervous about Boushh. Not anymore though.

I thought the original ANH Leia that they showed when she was unveiled was a trainwreck. But the one being shown at SDCC right now looks much better.

(Incidentally, I liked the Obi-wan that shipped better than the proto.)

I won't say that Sideshow is consistent in their quality, but when they're good, that is what I want in a Star Wars figure. Even if they can't pose like Spiderman (if you know the thread I'm talking about; yeah, that was impressive).

So you have Marmits? the armour isnt as accurate as you think. I love Marmit Fett, until I saw Medicoms.
I custom Marmit Fetts and I can tell you lots of things that's wrong with it. The Medicom Fett's helmet is perfect so I dont get what you're trying to say.

I also dont get what's wrong with Jango's helmet. Maybe others can point out to me.

Looking at SDCC pics of ANH Leia, better it looks but I still dont like it. The face is off, so is the buns. The clothes are better but nothing to rave about.

You mean you like Obi's production piece more than the one advertised at last year's SDCC? Fair enough.

I don't have Marmits. I saw some comparison pics of sandtroopers. I wouldn't know for accuracy, I just thought they looked more realistic. I've never seen a Marmit Boba. The helmet I was talking about wasn't Jango's. It was Boba's, and it seems too flared at the bottom.

Leia could use some more work, but the problems are in the sculpt, and Bergoltz is gone. If paint can save it, I'll get it. If it doesn't look atleast as good as it does right now, I won't.

It's really not accuracy that does it for me, either, though some things shouldn't be let go without a fight. Blue lightsabers and short collars come to mind. Red tints in the hair, brown lips, and 1/2cm too short jackets kind of roll right off.

Back