BCS 1:6 Doctor Who: Eighth Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BFF93A06-D212-4F48-8903-D4E4AC435101.jpeg1546F9AC-CC5F-43D9-9D5A-A2498A579ACC.jpegA0389DC4-464B-443F-B7E1-F217319CD36D.jpeg75EDD0E8-CC2F-4F19-A153-520760E9E2F8.jpeg5AED6CCB-88E9-4437-9D9A-126BE3BA05B8.jpeg

Big Chief said:
We are pleased to share a number of shots from the recent QC check of the forthcoming Eighth Doctor figure.

Our new vendors have done a magnificent job on the eagerly awaited figure. The costume in particular is stunning and has been revised following our comments on the pre-production sample. The printed pattern for the waistcoat has been amended to more of a grey tone than the previous yellow tone. The frock coat has been re-tailored and is no longer loose fitting around his shoulders, plus the buttons have been positioned correctly on the front. The Doctor now has his all new accurate boots, which were newly tooled after reviewing new reference material that was not previously available.

Following the QC report we had a few last minute comments and tweaks that we wanted to make before approving final assembly and pack out. In particular we wanted to make some improvements to the eye paints, which we are pleased to say we have now approved. These changes are now being carried out across the run. Inevitably the extra work will take some additional time, meaning that the figures missed their planned shipment date. We appreciate that some of you may find this frustrating, but given the lengthy delay, we believe that the extra time is justified as the improvements being made will ultimately result in a fantastic product.

We hope that you like the newly designed packaging too, which utilises new style guide elements from BBC Studios. The silver foil Gallifreyan borders really set off the box.

We are awaiting a final completion and shipment date, which we estimate to be in around two weeks. With shipping time around 6 weeks from China to our warehouse, we would expect the stock to arrive with us the first week of January, when we return to work after the Christmas break.

We hope you enjoy the images.

BCS

It is looking very nice.

Yeah must say I'm quite happy with that, looks to have nailed McGann's hangdog look really nicely now, without the issues plaguing earlier versions. Really excited to get this again, and knock on wood, but it really is starting to feel like BCS has finally turned consistency corner, so hopefully not only is the long wait ultimately going to be worth it on the Eighth Doctor, but on future Doctors going forward too.

I might break down and order LALD Bond and the Third Doctor now. I told myself I wouldn’t order any new BCS until this showed up, but these images are certainly making me once again feel good about this company.

Seems the end is in sight (I hope)!! Had email from BCS saying that the figure should be arriving in their warehouse around mid-January. Lets hope so, will be so nice to get this one off the pre-orders list. Not having to pay any shipping costs is pretty good too :)

Some pics from the email...

81.jpg 82.jpg

83.jpg

I?m not crazy about the 5 o?clock shadow, but everything else looks great and it will be nice finally getting him. He?ll seem free, it?s been so long since I?ve paid for him.

Yeah i don't know why they've added stubble as McGann was clean shaven in the movie...he had a little bumfluff going on in TNOTD episode alright but smooth as a baby's backside in the movie...very odd decision...nice looking set overall though...

82 - Copy.jpg5110816-3x2-940x627.jpg1491227957-paul-mcgann-headshot.jpg

Agreed, all the stubble they've given him does seem weird given his appearance in the film, but it's still a pretty nice looking figure despite that. It will be nice to finally get him in hand...at long last! :)

Yeah I'm not a fan of the stubble either. But I'm even more mystified as to why his hair is the wrong colour for his tvm look. Just looks so wrong to me.

Still, even with these issues, which if they bother enough can be fixed with a repaint, he still looks better than the original caterpillar eyebrowed prototype we saw way back when. :)

Didn't they do the same stubble thing to tom baker's sculpt? I chucked that thing in a drawer once I got his smiling one. The eyes still look weird on this one...like cross eyed, but not at the same time lol

The hobo stubble was an issue, to varying degrees, largely just with the first three Doctors - the first releases of Ten and Eleven, as well as Four. It was worst on the latter. To be fair this looks nowhere near as bad as those earlier examples, and the other paint apps here are much better than those earlier releases had as well, which only exacerbated the problem on those earlier releases (I had all three repainted, personally), so we're not back in early paint app disaster territory by any stretch. Just nitpicks about curious paint choices that could have been easily avoided, and, arguably, should have been.

Looking forward to getting him in hand finally, all the same. Hard to believe we'll finally all have him by the end of next month or so...

Video review:

https://youtu.be/tBZHunCywzI

I am disappointed in two things:

The generic backdrop. Why didn?t we get a Tardis console room backdrop as per the previous Doctors?

I don?t like how the cravat and jacket drape. Maybe that?s futzable. (Fingers crossed)

I don?t mind the stubble too much. The rest of the paint looks fantastic. The sculpt is aces.

Hmm, can't tell if the shoulders are way too broad in that video or the head a bit too small, but the proportions definitely seem off from the box photos. Hopefully it's just a matter of properly futzing the outfit...

The clothing needs a little work alright but the figure itself looks great...stubble is not too noticeable either.

That backdrop is a disappointment though...the tv movie had one of the most visually stunning tardis console rooms and should have been included:(

Back