BCS 1:6 Doctor Who: Eighth Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today. The degree to which I hated redoing the cravat can not be adequately expressed in words. :lol

I have some nitpicks - the body on mine is quite floppy. He's way too tall, some of the colour choices are a bit questionable, and I do wish they'd knock it off with the five o'clock shadow (though at least it is a lot better done now than the old days). But they really are nitpicks, and despite all of that very happy to have him finally, and quite pleased with how he turned out overall.

I do hope that BIG Chief pays better attention to scale. If McCoy is not on a small body, I will go into seizures!

What, you don't want a McCoy the same height as Tom Baker? :rotfl

Man McGann took me a buttload of futzing until I got him where I was happy, but damn if I'm not liking him more and more on display now. It's great to finally have him, and for it to have been worth the wait. :)

I bought some wigtape today for the cravat... just not looking forward to more futzing. You?re right. This figure is a TOUGH FUTZ! :lol

After nearly three years in the waiting... the 22nd January came and I got notified that it was shipped. No tracking number. I get to the end of Jan, no tracking number. I contacted BC and I am told that there was a problem with DHL .. side story. I ordered an LP from Germany in December and it was being shipped by DHL to my dads place in the UK, and after 2 months, it was returned to sender!! On the second attempt it got there in three days. Back to the 8th Doctor. Royal Mail were doing the posting now. Anyways, it got to Beijing during the week, and has now cleared the customs thing, and is finally in transit to Shanghai.
Now I have to watch my tracking in Chinese: fortunately I know enough to see where this figure is.
Looking forward to spending hours futzing this thing - based upon earlier comments.

Futzed the cravat. Wasn?t so hard after watching a few 1:1 tutorials. :lol

2a793680f09a8a011102f7f0776d19f1.jpg

With McGann being one of my favourite Timelords it's great to finally add this to the collection:)

I love the tv movie and with it's problems aside it still holds up pretty well all these years on. And remains for me one of the best produced and directed episodes in it's long history. McGann was fantastic throughout bringing an air of alien detachment to the role in his all too brief time on screen...great shame we didn't more...

Anyways on to figure...and there's lots to love and lots not to...

I love the head sculpt and the costume itself looks fantastic overall, but i do wish the coat colour was darker. The original prop coat was more of a dark seaweed/bottle green. Pants,waistcoat and cravat are all great though.
As others have pointed out already the body is way too tall and i can't understand why they didn't reuse the body from the Hartnell figure. I did shorten the legs by a 1/4 inch which now looks better to my eye. Joints are all nice and tight which is a plus.
My other main gripe is the stubble which was way too prominent on mine so i knocked it back a tad using an alcohol prep pad.
I had to dull coat the hands as well as they were way too glossy looking. They're nicely sculpted though and everything fits perfectly into them.

The accessories are all very nice,but i can't help feel just a little cheated as the sonic and jelly babies are basically recast from the 4th Dr's set.
And disappointingly this is my first BC figure that has no replacement buttons included. And the couple of extra hand pegs that were included with mine are of the small size and are meant for the female characters.

Then there's the lack of a Tardis console backdrop, which i'm guessing is not BC's fault but more than likely copyright issues as Fox are part owners.

And finally there's that awful alternate universe logo which is now soiled over everything "Who" related by the Doctors greatest enemy...THE BBC.
Isn't it ironic, that the wonderful Pertwee/movie logo that's been used on all the figure packaging to date is absent from the movie it actually appeared on:(

I need a lie down now...here's a few pics...

DSC_0117.JPGDSC_0120.JPGDSC_0122.JPGDSC_0113.JPG

And finally there's that awful alternate universe logo which is now soiled over everything "Who" related by the Doctors greatest enemy...THE BBC.
Isn't it ironic, that the wonderful Pertwee/movie logo that's been used on all the figure packaging to date is absent from the movie it actually appeared on:(

:rotfl You know that's exactly what I thought whilst I was opening it! :lol I love the figure and it is my only gripe with it to be fair...why did they use this awful modern logo which I will forever associate with that current abomination that is masquerading as the Doctor! I notice they are also using it on the bluray steelbooks too - it was on the series 5 one which I got this week.

Great pics btw! :clap

He looks good after all that wait. I like that the clothing actually fits well. Well, other than the neck tie thing that looks a bit too bulky/stiff, That might require some kind of serious reshaping to get right.

Sucks that he's too tall. I don't get how they don't research stuff like that. I have the war doctor and he's a freakin' giant. Is it possible to cut the legs down on these things easily? I've never tried something like that

:rotfl You know that's exactly what I thought whilst I was opening it! :lol I love the figure and it is my only gripe with it to be fair...why did they use this awful modern logo which I will forever associate with that current abomination that is masquerading as the Doctor! I notice they are also using it on the bluray steelbooks too - it was on the series 5 one which I got this week.

Great pics btw! :clap

Sadly the BBC are trying to retcon the show to suit their "woke" agenda,so that horrible logo is slapped on everything now.

On the plus side, most sane viewers are now fed up and turning off...

He looks good after all that wait. I like that the clothing actually fits well. Well, other than the neck tie thing that looks a bit too bulky/stiff, That might require some kind of serious reshaping to get right.

Sucks that he's too tall. I don't get how they don't research stuff like that. I have the war doctor and he's a freakin' giant. Is it possible to cut the legs down on these things easily? I've never tried something like that

It's easy enough...first remove the foot pegs and then drill the existing peg holes deeper(make sure the drill bit is the same diameter). Cut a 1/4 inch off the legs and gently sand down any sharp edges. Push the foot pegs back in,done.

It's easy enough...first remove the foot pegs and then drill the existing peg holes deeper(make sure the drill bit is the same diameter). Cut a 1/4 inch off the legs and gently sand down any sharp edges. Push the foot pegs back in,done.

Hmm...I might give it a try if I can work up the nerve. I'm not too good with a drill haha

Ordered April 2017, so it?s about time this arrived.
I had to use the line :wink1:

Straight out of the box, this looks pretty neat. The figure is solid and tight.
I played with the cravat for a few minutes. Then I gave up. I have an idea about just pulling the whole thing back from the back of the neck and holding it in place somehow.

Anyways, it?s here, and it?s a cool looking figure.

I actually found the cravat to be easier to futz than I thought it would be. Just look up a tutorial on how to tie a real one and get some wig tape to thin it around his neck.

I’ll check that out.
I did want to get him out and up with his other selves. On the shelf.
6DC934F2-982A-4D63-8760-DA756FEEB099.jpg
1A6BA228-33E2-4D7F-89FA-0B9F9CCD5414.jpg

And adding in number 8 increases the 1:6 Who collection.
Not sure where the other three on preorder are going to fit!!
E33049C3-BA29-4F37-946A-0DEB40301038.jpg

Looks like all their efforts in paint improvement only brought them back to the level of their v2 11, which I still stand by being their best paints.

Very nice group shot DVD1...those Thunderbird figs look great too!

For those interested here's a height comparison after i shortened the legs.

Could still do with being a tad shorter, but at least he's now not towering over Tom:)

LM.jpg

I also gave the hair a dry-brushing with some lighter browns, as the stock paint was a little too dark...

HM.jpg

Looking good. I may have to break down and get. Having a whole line of doctors with a gap in the middle is no bueno

Back