Battlefield 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished the campaign on pc.
took me about 4-5 hours to finish.
It was good but nothing spectacular.
I was watting for a chapter like in BF3 flying the F-18 but it never happened. couple of tanks, apc's and jeeps. that is it.
not even a mounted heli minigun run.
I was hoping after the awesome sky hook pickup by the AC-130, we would be able to pilot it. nothing.

The best part about BF4 is the amazing graphics on PC.
OMG the dam on the side of a mountain looked spectacular.
it looked unreal.

Irish,pac and Hanna where cool characters.
I let Irish Plant the C4 in the final act.

8/10 for me.
Multiplayer I am not playing it. after playing beta it just feels the same as BF3.

I was watting for a chapter like in BF3 flying the F-18 but it never happened. couple of tanks, apc's and jeeps. that is it.
I was hoping after the awesome sky hook pickup by the AC-130, we would be able to pilot it. nothing.

it looked unreal.

8/10 for me.
Multiplayer I am not playing it. after playing beta it just feels the same as BF3.

Wait, you know how crazy that sounds. :rotfl

You're probably the 1st person ever to purchase a BF game just for the SP. :rotfl

:lol They should just drop the SP portion. Don't know why they tacked it on in the first place.

I dont think it is tacked on. That's the bummer of it. They put a ton of work into it, but they seem to only want to create the tightly scripted and linear shooting gallery formula of a CoD campaign and it never works. If they went back to the Bad Company formula of more open areas that can be approached in different ways, the single player could be a blast again. I played through the campaign of BC1 a bunch of times. It was fun and gave you enough freedom to make it interesting on multiple playthroughs. 2 was when they started to go linear, but they still had a little bit of freedom and I played through it a couple times. BF3 was when they went straight for a CoD campaign and it reeked of a$$. I'm guessing they did it again with BF4 and it's a real shame.

:lol They should just drop the SP portion. Don't know why they tacked it on in the first place.

The developers said that they've been getting a lot of flack for ignoring the SP campaign and focusing mostly on the MP aspect.
This time around they said they wanted to change that.

Seems like they will get more flack again. :lol

it looked unreal.

8/10 for me.

With your single GTX 580 with 3 GB of VRAM (which I read, is highly recommended by the way); how was the performance, overall?

With your single GTX 580 with 3 GB of VRAM (which I read, is highly recommended by the way); how was the performance, overall?

It dint run the game all on ultra but I had textures on ultra and the rest of the settings on high and 4xAA and it ran perfect.

This game looks amazing !! I will buy a GTX 780 next year and might go back and turn it all on ultra.

Multiplayer on 360 is great.. Smother than bf3 not as many fps issues when explosions happen.. The maps are a bit nuts with multilevel areas..make tracking down enemies tough using the mini map

I have a similar rig with a GTX580 but with 8 GB RAM and a SSD hard drive and everything's on high and a few settings on Ultra. Runs great but I'll try and push it this weekend to see where I can bring it.

I only usually play SP on these types of things, mostly because I'm not going to make a commitment to the multiplayer and it's not really fun to play multiplayer unless you have the time to practice a bit so that you don't die constantly.

Back