Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To anyone who has canceled this, have you seen a refund as of yet? They said it could take up to 14 days but on my order it just shows canceled, not refund...so, making sure.

Not yet. If I don’t see it by the end of next week I’ll contact them on live chat.

SSC charged my card on this so I guess it will ship this week...here we go..

Meanwhile, Prime 1 release this 1/2 to put SSC to shame:
26903717_517855871941131_1438601845721314654_n.jpg
26904002_517855935274458_6876339090007348686_n.jpg
26239238_517855855274466_8820844791793887_n.jpg

Photo by hotnan from China via Glorious Toys Enterprise on FB

Just get the prime 1 ultimate version justice league Wonder Woman statue and your set.. it’s not a monstrosity like the 1/2 scale and you can buy both her and supes or her and Bats for basically the same price as the larger statue. That’s what I’m doing, already got her on po just waiting on supes po to drop from the sky

Well it is four times the price.

And Sideshow just doesn't really try anymore with their movie pieces.

In their movie line, they can't seem to consistently create facesculpts with a decent likeness to their respective actors (at least in production). Heck they can't even seem to follow the source material all that closely. Just look at the new Stormtrooper with its undersized armor.

And for their new comic pieces it's much the same, as they just seem to be making up costumes as they go. Though this doesn't totally faze me all that much.

I've not owned a statue from either company yet but I do think most of the Sideshow comic pieces look very impressive. Movie pieces on the other hand look pretty bad.

Prime 1 statues looks insanely good but the 1/3 or 1/2 scale isn't ideal for me and many other collectors I assume. I hope they do more 1/4 scale DC lines in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get a Prime 1 1/3 piece, but thwir prices are way out of my budget, even with a flex pay option. I'll stick to Hot Toys for the likeness of a certain character that I like and Sideshow for their comic statues.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Meanwhile, Prime 1 release this 1/2 to put SSC to shame:
View attachment 388063
View attachment 388064
View attachment 388065

Photo by hotnan from China via Glorious Toys Enterprise on FB

Sure does, looks perfect from those angles, only thing is her expression should look more like this.

wonder_woman_gal_gadot.jpg

Instead of this blank stare.

26804726_10155597692195141_8962189334735038972_n.jpg

Just get the prime 1 ultimate version justice league Wonder Woman statue and your set.. it’s not a monstrosity like the 1/2 scale and you can buy both her and supes or her and Bats for basically the same price as the larger statue. That’s what I’m doing, already got her on po just waiting on supes po to drop from the sky

:lol Monstrosity, very good choice of words, another thing is that the head sculpt on the Ultimate version is better than the head sculpt on the 1/2 scale one as far as likeness goes. That being said, the 1/2 scale one looks very life-like, whereas the WWUE sculpt doesn't. Maybe a repaint could fix that. :dunno

I've not owned a statue from either company yet but I do think most of the Sideshow comic pieces look very impressive. Movie pieces on the other hand look pretty bad.

As far as paint goes they are, but some sculpts, especially the older ones are nearly dead on like one's sculpted by Trevor Grove. The sculpt on the Dutch PF is the best Arnie sculpt there is, the sculpts on Indiana Jone's PFs are up there to IMO. His latest sculpt which is the sculpt on the Rey PF might not be the best but it still looks like the actress.

Prime 1 statues looks insanely good but the 1/3 or 1/2 scale isn't ideal for me and many other collectors I assume.

Hmm 1/2 scale doesn't have much of a target audience but I think there are plenty of people who buy 1/3 scale, otherwise the WWUE wouldn't already be pre sold out.

I hope they do more 1/4 scale DC lines in the future.

Yeah me to, it was the only reason I was thinking about getting this SS WW.

Last edited:
The Prime 1 is obviously very nice, but I don't collect 1/3 scale so she'd be totally out of place and frankly I won't spend 2ķ one piece either.

The Prime 1 is obviously very nice, but I don't collect 1/3 scale so she'd be totally out of place and frankly I won't spend 2ķ one piece either.

The way I think about it is, get a 1/3 piece, or get two 1/4 pieces (though Sideshows prices are increasing faster than Prime 1's). Or get a 1/2 scale or get 2 1/3 pieces or 3-4 1/4 scale pieces.

And recently for me getting the larger scales have won out.

As when I look at my collection I appreciate the larger pieces more than the 1/6 and 1/4 pieces, and not just because of the higher cost.

Well I have around 30 Sideshow PF's so a single 1:3 piece would stick out lie a sore thumb. Especially beside the MOS Sups and BvS Bats.

The way I think about it is, get a 1/3 piece, or get two 1/4 pieces (though Sideshows prices are increasing faster than Prime 1's). Or get a 1/2 scale or get 2 1/3 pieces or 3-4 1/4 scale pieces.

Smart way to look at things, but I think for some people it's not about cost, some people just don't want statues above a certain scale. For me I pretty much draw the line at 1/3 scale, mainly because 1/2 scale takes up too much space.

And recently for me getting the larger scales have won out.

As when I look at my collection I appreciate the larger pieces more than the 1/6 and 1/4 pieces, and not just because of the higher cost

Well larger pieces have more presence, I think some of Prime's 1/2 pieces look like miniature madame Tussaud's wax museum statues, especially that Wonder Woman.

Well I have around 30 Sideshow PF's so a single 1:3 piece would stick out lie a sore thumb.

Wow 30 PFs? :horror Are they all in the one room?

Especially beside the MOS Sups and BvS Bats[/B].

True but it could be a center piece that you display in a different section or room. That's what I would do if I was to buy 1/2 scale statue.

Yes all in one room. Along with my home theater set up. All in my basement.

Well I have around 30 Sideshow PF's so a single 1:3 piece would stick out lie a sore thumb. Especially beside the MOS Sups and BvS Bats.

I have about 37x 1/4 pieces (plus quite a few 1/6 statues and figures), and the current 4x 1/3 (plus 9 or so preorders) and 2x 1/4 pieces act more as a centrepiece to the collection.

Well what I'm trying to say, I doubt anyone who eventually gets a 1/3 piece, will never get another one. For me I currently have more 1/3 pieces on preorder than I do 1/4 pieces. I originally never intended to get more than that first 1/3 piece....well that didn't work.

I concur with what Phonenix says, as I have one 1/3 scale piece, and although I am reluctant to buy more at that scale I will if there are no other options.

I concur with what Phonenix says, as I have one 1/3 scale piece, and although I am reluctant to buy more at that scale I will if there are no other options.

And unfortunately for the newer DC movie pieces, imo the only decent ones are currently from Prime 1.... plus I guess a few custom pieces as well.

Though I do like Sideshows Armored Batman, and honestly my Favourite Sideshow piece in my collection is the Keaton Batman PF.

Back