Premium Format Batman V Superman Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, just the mole makes it look so much more like Affleck. To think, all Sideshow had to do was put a little dab of paint and some stubble and it would be such a better likeness. It just strikes me as lazy really.

Took a couple of hours each day since Saturday to try my hand at repainting the mouth area. It's not the best paintjob -- it's my first time to fully repaint a polystone flesh (I've only repainted lips and eyes before) and I used brushes no airbrush/spray paint -- but I'm happy with the results. I think I got a little more of the likeness to come out of the sculpt, I'm sure more experienced painters could come up with better results.

I used powder eyeshadow for the 5' o clock shadow. I have no tools and courage to manually draw the stubbles on, so I think I'm fine with how the facial hair appears on hand. Sorry for the pics, colors are a lot less saturated in hand.
Congrats!!!! I was wondering what a "simple" touch-up would do to such a wonderful statue! Now, it makes this MUCH better!!!

CONGRATS! :goodpost:

Thanks, everyone. A shame that their sculptors do great work lately, but the factory paint would be a hit or miss yet SSC approves them either way. For this figure they sculpted Affleck's mouth right but painted Kilmer's lips on it.

Yeah, skipping the mole on a Batman with the lowest ES yet and releasing it half a year earlier is pure laziness on the factory and complacency on Sideshow's QC. $500 may not be $700+ like better painted statues from P1 or XM, but if getting the latter would save me more money and trouble from asking a pro to repaint, then my money's on them. I will not PO another SsC piece regardless of how impressive the proto would be.

My head is on its way to you. :lol
:lol:hi5:

Took a couple of hours each day since Saturday to try my hand at repainting the mouth area. It's not the best paintjob -- it's my first time to fully repaint a polystone flesh (I've only repainted lips and eyes before) and I used brushes no airbrush/spray paint -- but I'm happy with the results. I think I got a little more of the likeness to come out of the sculpt, I'm sure more experienced painters could come up with better results.

I used powder eyeshadow for the 5' o clock shadow. I have no tools and courage to manually draw the stubbles on, so I think I'm fine with how the facial hair appears on hand. Sorry for the pics, colors are a lot less saturated in hand.

P1310905_zpsed2mx0hg.jpg

P1310904_zps2et6awef.jpg

P1310901_zpspg901eva.jpg

P1310900_zpscxovpqsv.jpg

Well done... I thought it looked like Ben before but your paint apps really brought out the actors look. Great job!!!

The repaint looks much better. I believe the reason the likeness is more visible on the repaint is because HeubertMichael didn't fill the entire lip area with colour. The lips were the problem on the standard headsculpt. The mouth was simply too big. Making the lips appear smaller and thinner really brought out the likeness.

I'm still torn about this one. This is the reason I won't PO WW I need to see production pics first. Got to be choosy nowadays.

Thanks guys. Yup, it was just the paint. Headsculpt is the same as the prototype save for the tip below the neck that was lengthened a bit and became rounded. I'm completely happy with this piece now :) the sculpting on the body is still my favorite, love all the details on the suit.

BRO! Whatever you did is a 1000x better than Sideshow's paint job...

P1310905_zpsed2mx0hg.jpg

P1310904_zps2et6awef.jpg

P1310901_zpspg901eva.jpg

P1310900_zpscxovpqsv.jpg

good job with the repaint heubertmichael. just goes to show how sloppy sideshow has become. it didn't even take much to bring the affleck likeness out. i think it all boils down to the piss-poor paint app on the lips that ruined the sculpt's decent likeness. now i am dreading how mine will turn out. i told myself if it looks crap i am selling it.

good job with the repaint heubertmichael. just goes to show how sloppy sideshow has become. it didn't even take much to bring the affleck likeness out. i think it all boils down to the piss-poor paint app on the lips that ruined the sculpt's decent likeness. now i am dreading how mine will turn out. i told myself if it looks crap i am selling it.

Did you receive yours yet?

So... what's your mailing adress so that I can send you mine for a the same custom job? :wink1:

Thanks guys. And I hope you get to like the PF enough for you to keep it, tylerdurden.

Did you receive yours yet?

still waiting. strangely, the other local retailers have already received theirs, and for this PO i switched retailers cos my regular one was selling it at a higher price.

Thanks guys. And I hope you get to like the PF enough for you to keep it, tylerdurden.

i sure hope so too. i am one of the minority who loves bvs, so i want a good collectible representation of what is arguably the best (or one of the best) live-action, big screen batman ever.

Back