Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an excellent haul! All look fantastic signed. Can't wait till my next signed ones.

Just picked up the Zombie Batman because of the low price. I only have 13 more to go before I have all of them....yikes!

Good! I need a b&w fix. Will be nice to finally have a companion piece to Batman.

I like this Tony Daniel statue
View attachment 258910

Just a word of caution to anyone buying this statue, the holes in the base on many of them do not line up with the pegs on the statue base. I just got one on ebay and the seller had that in his description and charged accordingly, after some googeling I found reviews that had the same problem. Many sellers on the bay are selling them still sealed or take pics with the statue not on the base. The holes are way off too, I had to drill a new hole, there was no way to enlarge it. The old hole is covered by his cape. If you do get one, it is nearly impossible to not drill completely through the base (Like I did :), the stock holes have about paint thickness from the bottom of the hole to the bottom of the base. After all that, it looks great on the shelf:
1108161702.jpg

This is not the first time DC collectibles screw there items with peg holes. (aka batwoman and powergirl/superman for me) Good looking statue.

I had to redrill the holes for Timm Harley Quinn. Thankfully I was able to make it work, and on such a slender figure.

Neal is expensive. $30 per signature. I was excited to get a pic with him too but he charges $20 just to take it with your own camera so I was all set with that.
He was very nice though, contrary to what a lot of people say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice score SteelerSteve7, have to wait a little while before I get that one. I really hate that I can't get them all right away.

Hockeyflow33, I met Neal a couple of years ago and I also had a pleasant experience. He charges a lot less at comic shop appearances than at conventions, so I got two statues signed for $10. Hope that info is useful to our fellow BB&W collectors.

So I just picked up my Frank Quitely Robin a few days ago and haven't even had the time to take it out of the box. While I love collecting this line of statues, I don't know if I should just stop getting them and start collecting some of the Prime one stuff. I was also thinking of selling off my BB&W collecting, most of which are signed in order to collect the bigger statues. But I think I might regret it afterwards. What do you guys think?

So I just picked up my Frank Quitely Robin a few days ago and haven't even had the time to take it out of the box. While I love collecting this line of statues, I don't know if I should just stop getting them and start collecting some of the Prime one stuff. I was also thinking of selling off my BB&W collecting, most of which are signed in order to collect the bigger statues. But I think I might regret it afterwards. What do you guys think?

I think you can have the best of both worlds. Pick out the pieces that you like best and keep them. Sell the rest to fund the Prime 1 pieces that you want. For me personally, I never really try to complete lines. Especially one as vast as the B&W line. It's so large and shows no sign of ending. I'd rather only collect the B&W pieces that I think look fantastic and are must haves for my collection. I'd pass on the B&W pieces that don't look good or have no meaning to me. Use the money saved passing on those pieces to help acquire the Prime pieces you really like. Don't go overboard with Prime statues either. At 1/3 scale you'll probably run out of room quickly if you do that. Not to mention that at about a G a pop, your wallet can end up crying for help if you can't collect Prime's 1/3 pieces in moderation.

One of the guys in one of the Facebook groups just sold off his entire collection and I think it was all of them. Some of the prices were super low! I bought Joe Kubert for $55.
There's so many on eBay all the time but the ones that sell seem to sell kind of lower than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just seen one of my online sellers put the Allred Bats up for PO, expected to ship in january. Has a second edition (white base) been announced? Any info welcome, thanks!

Back