Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Bat flew in today!

How do you like this transformation folks, please let me know? :)

BEFORE_zps3ee4dce0.jpg

DSCN3121_B_zps475ead5d.jpg

WOW. If you converted that over, it looks fantastic. It looks just like the original release.

Thanks filip! :)

Especial thanks to Kevin (Dark Spidey) who introduced me to Moises over at SF, known as LOOP-DOG. I requested him and he agreed to take up the task. He asked me if I needed the chest logo raised and sculpted, like the original, or just painted over after the new logo was removed. I went with the latter.

A very patient person, he listened to all my nit-picks (imagine, that too only with the logo!) and we had this!

0F595B2C-1F9B-423A-8E1C-4A29EE6E96FB_zps17e8ae20.jpg

Also, he said that while painting the side of the base, he found out that the entire upper face of the base is one big decal. It got messed up with the repaint but he said he "sealed" it off or something technical so that the paint won't flake, rub, or peel later. (I totally didn't understand that :)).

If you see the original, the chest logo is narrow in the middle, but we went with a more rectangle one, looked more 'Millerish' to me:

ORIGINAL / v1

AA955686-DDD7-41E9-8077-881F3989B6DC_zpsdff6c2aa.jpg

v2 WITH THE MOD

AFTER_zpsf64af8e5.jpg

DSCN3121_B_zps380bf110.jpg

DSCN3131_zpsb7fa65eb.jpg

Finally, thanks a bunch to Jason (highlanderpdx) for selling his FM B&W and sending it to Moises in NJ. Not many sellers would do such a thing, as in sending stuff to another address than your PayPal one. :)

The whole thing, buying the v2 and then the mod/repaint, took a little over 3 months, but it was worth it!

I have the original v1 statue and to be honest, if I didn't turn the base over on yours I would never know it was a repaint. The bat logo on his chest looks great. A nice subtle difference to make this your piece unique. Props to the artist that converted this for you. He did a great job.

Yeah, Moises sure has done a Great job!

Apart from several future plans I have in mind, I am thinking of asking him if he could take up the task of transforming my Solomon Grundy statue in to something like / from the B&W line. :D

dc-universe-online-solomon-grundy-statue_BG24129_zpsf3ab0499.jpg

Hmm...

I have always seen that whenever a B&W is going to be in stores, approx. week / two weeks before, few eBay sellers list that statue stating the date on which it will be shipped / be in stores. Either she has actually been delayed, or no one has one for sale. :dunno

Only issue is, from side which do I display him! :dunno

That's one ridiculous pose DCD went for...

Yeah, the pose really just makes me scratch my head and wonder. I LOVE Franks's art. However, the pose just didn't work for me so I passed on it. Good luck finding a good way to display him in your collection. DCC sure didn't make it easy on anyone who bought this piece.

Yeah, the pose really just makes me scratch my head and wonder. I LOVE Franks's art. However, the pose just didn't work for me so I passed on it. Good luck finding a good way to display him in your collection. DCC sure didn't make it easy on anyone who bought this piece.

I know! Some things just do not translate well in 3D. I too like Frank's art, but out of all the given panels / art in the book, they had to go with the strangest one. :monkey3

Even if they had gone with the simplest of stance, he would have looked great imo, like this one...

005_zps522db159.jpg

And eyes! Where are his eyes!

Back