Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ed8248aa1293dbf5922abd3ed6e83d44.jpg
ffbd91c65e7551fceca0b86bacd15f7b.jpg
a0e143e22c4bbf0fd7572e5916ff6f14.jpg
c064becd2c472db440c9c66a45531b24.jpg

It's a nice sculpt, but the paint app let's it down a bit. It's just on a bit thick and a little messy. I've had the same complaints for Sean Murphy, Capullo, and Nicola Scott. Seems like the newer ones in general aren't as well made.

Last 3 - 4 releases haven't been great for me either. Except Capullo Bats and Joker, received a broken Arkham Origins, had paint issues with Nicola Scott and Gary Frank too, and think Harley could have better paint apps. You're right about the newer ones not being so well made. Not that the old statues were flawless, but at least they were not as messy as the recent ones.

As much as I love this line, if they keep on churning sub par to poor statues, I wouldn't mind DCD calling it a day for them.

Hey guys,

new to the site! I just started getting into the batman black and white statue collecting. I purchased the Rafael Grampa and just got the Jae Lee the other day on sale which I really love. I also pre-order the Brian Bolland and Time Sale second editions! However I think myJae Lee came with a disappointing defect (I am assuming they come with defects sometimes)?

Basically I was looking at it from different angles and noticed the one bat ear looked off. On close inspection it looks like the inside of his right ear near the tiphas been sheared off somehow. If you look at it from the inside angle, it almost looks like the tip broke off, but if you view it from the outside it looks almost as it should. I was very careful taking it out and didn't notice any pieces in the box or where I took it out of the packaging.

The thing that makes me think its a defect is the fact that the paint around that spot is a darker black, it looks like they painted that spot in to hide it (I assume if I had chipped off the top of the ear it would be a light color inside)? Is DC known (or their manufacturer) for doing their own touch ups on stuff like this? I assume they figured since the entire tip of the ear wasn't snapped off, only the inside part they could paint it?

Regardless, the store I bought it from said they would take a look, just disappointing spending the money on such a beautiful piece and then notice something like that!

Regards,
Alex

Just got my Harley and the base has a bunch of very shallow marks and scratches in the surface. I've had this problem with a handful of the Black & White statues before. I think it's a result of the base being wrapped and packed in the styrofoam before the top of the base has completely dried, so every wrinkle from the plastic leaves a mark on the base.

Is there any way to fix this sort of thing?

HarleyBase.jpg

You're correct, but it's still being packed away before it has fully dried, I think, thus the marks in the surface.

Yeah, they are doing that with a few pieces. Mignola, Bolland, and Risso come to mind.

Forgot about Miller as well. Yeah, DCC is doing everything they can to milk the cow. Just adding or taking off the oval to give us another re-release.

There's a couple pre order listings on eBay for the mignola with oval statue. I guess maybe we're getting one more shot at one?

That is strange. I didn't see a PO for Mignola 2.0 at DCD or even BBTS, as usually they are the first ones to list POs. However, this is not something new or strange with DCD. :monkey3

Once they revisit Batman Beyond, Bermejo Joker, Catwoman, and David Mazzucchelli, I be done with my backlog. Hope they do...

Back