Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got my Limited Edition today. I called Best Buy last week and they had accidentally sold my pre-order, but they found one at another Best Buy near where the manager lived. Long story short: they apologized for the inconvenience and let me pick any game I wanted for no additional charge, so, I walked out with GTA V for free.

I finished the game last night.
The game was underwhelming. Started off amazing! Looked like it was gonna be the best.
Just seems like they tried to get too grande but fell on its face.

I never cared for those Riddler puzzles so I watched youtube 100% ending. Meh.

Last edited:
For those that finished the game 100%

Spoiler Spoiler:

I finished the game last night.
The game was underwhelming. Started off amazing! Looked like it was gonna be the best.
Just seems like they tried to get too grande but fell on its face.

I never cared for those Riddler puzzles so I watched youtube 100% ending. Meh.
Same. Did everything but those riddler trophies. The ending is TDKR dumb.

City is still my favourite.

Got all but one achievement for the core game which was getting 69 stars in the AR challenges. Some of them are a pain in the ass so I won't bother. Not gonna bother with the season pass either. Heard the batgirl DLC is pretty meh and more of just more of the same core game as opposed to red hood and Harleys DLC.

The tagline should have been "Be the batmobile"

I think I might just sell it and pick it up down the road once all the dlc has been added.

Keaton Batman & BAtmobile skin coming next month. Still waiting for some news on new challenge maps. They released a picture on their fb page showing off some other new skins, one looking very similar to TDKR skin. (Sorry, i am at work so post the piccy) What do you think? It's the closest thing we have to A nolan skin so far in the series

Last edited:
I really wanted to love this game. I sold it after 3 days.

I did love the jumping in and out of the Batmobile and I thought some plot ideas were great but there was something really missing. It felt a little empty and soulless.

Batmobile. Batmaboring.

I feel like Rocksteady was damned if they do, and damned if they don't in this scenario. My issues with Origins pretty much amounted to the bugs and the handling of the bugs, but, other than that, it was a great game, in my opinion, and yet, one of the criticisms I saw the most was "The Arkham formula is growing stale." I disagreed, but, at the end of the day, if AK was more of that, people no doubt would've taken issue with the fact that it wasn't innovative enough. Ultimately, I think that what it all comes down to is that Rocksteady aimed a little too high in that department, but I will not call the Batmobile boring. I feel like the experience, itself, wasn't balanced enough, and the car definitely was in the spotlight a little too much, but I'll tell you right now that it was miles better than it could've been.

I've seen games that introduced vehicles that were clunky, awkward, and, all around, terrible to use, and, with Rocksteady having never tackled something like this before, we could've very easily had a game like that. For all its faults, that Batmobile handles smooth as butter, once you get used to the controls. I abhor racing games. I never could get into them. I understand why people like them, but it just wasn't my thing. Yet, I find myself zooming around in the Batmobile exponentially more than I do gliding through the city, this time around. That says a lot. I guess I'm just a glass half full kind of guy. I'm not disagreeing with people. I hated the various "stealth" boss battles that you had to do in Battle Mode, but I just take solace in the fact that, at least, we didn't have to experience those behind the wheel of a godawful Batmobile.:lol

On a different note, I checked out my Limited Edition today, and I was really impressed by the statue. It was far nicer than I was anticipating, based on the various reviews and unboxings I had seen. I love the Steelbook, and the Artbook is really nice, as well. I'm conflicted about the game, though. I don't want to break up the set, but I also feel like it's redundant to have two copies. I'll probably sell it and then just get another copy once it's dirt cheap.

Keaton Batman & BAtmobile skin coming next month. Still waiting for some news on new challenge maps. They released a picture on their fb page showing off some other new skins, one looking very similar to TDKR skin. (Sorry, i am at work so post the piccy) What do you think? It's the closest thing we have to A nolan skin so far in the series

Thats the Orgins skin.. An Nolan skin is coming along with the Tumbler as it was leaked in some gamefiles awhile ago.

I have extensively searched for any info on this fabled skin... And what I can find is the same quote: 'battle through the streets of Gotham in the 1989 batman suit and batmobile'.

Why would rocksteady put that comment 'battle through the streets' if you can only use the 89mobile skin in races?

Nowhere does it say that we cannot use it only in races... And the evidence suggests we can use it in story/freeroam.

False advertisement anyone?

Played an additional 6 hours last night, and you all aren't kidding about the excessive batmobile use. It's a blast up to a ****ing point.

Got all the achievements except for 2. They're both secret so I'm guessing it's beat new game plus and the red hood dlc which I don't have... Wish we'd get those suits earlier so I could do new game+ with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this one was easy compared to the fn cloud burst and the fn cobra tanks...

I never found the tank battles difficult if you had the upgrades you needed for those battles,only extremly boring and repetitive.It just got too much that most of us grew tired of them.
I also thought The Cloud Burst Tank boss was fine.You had plenty of space to drive around and hide,that was not the case with the Driller with all those random jumps follow by a turn etc that gets you off balance and dies.
I really do not mind a hard Boss Battle and forced to have a different approach to beat them.But this one was hard in a different way that it just gets annoying,not something im fan of.

Back