Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, been busting my ass to get the riddler trophies and realized I still have around 80 to go. **** me!!! There is one riddler race one where you have to glide from the hospital to a tall building. I can't get anywhere close to the trophy before time is up. Pissing me off. I'm just not fast enough apparently.

This is testing my patience. I'm getting close to giving up and just watching the best ending on youtube.

Do you have the grapnel boost upgrade? It helps a lot! Check the IGN wiki Arkham Knight. The description and videos for all the riddles are very helpulf.

Some people were completely unaware of there being Burton DLC at all. Calm the hell down.

"Some people" - Actually, all people (except Rocksteady/WB employees of course) were unaware that there would be Burton DLC. The specifics of the Season Pass / DLC were not released all at once, and they're only releasing information when they want to. We suspected, sure, but didn't know. We STILL don't know for sure all of the specifics of the DLC that will be released.

My point is, even if someone was unaware that there would be Burton DLC -- how is finding out that there is some a disappointment, or a "tease"? How is it not just something nice to have?

"Here, have this chocolate cupcake that you didn't know you were getting at all."

"Damnit!! I wanted a double-fudge two-layer cake! You're such a tease!"

"Um, ok."

-- and I am calm.

I honestly don't understand all the bitching about the Batmobile DLC only being drivable on the [DLC] tracks. Isn't that EXACTLY what Rocksteady promised when they announced the DLC in the first place? In the full DLC description released a while ago, it says something like "Every Batmobile will be drivable on every TRACK" with zero mention of using DLC Batmobiles in the main story map. I get the feeling of disappointment for not getting to do something you would have liked to do, but not the idea that you were "teased" with it. They didn't break any promise here. It's not like they did a bait and switch.

I remember them announcing this too, so it comes as no surprise to me. Whilst they didn't specifically state it would be the Burton-mobile, they did state it would be Classic Batmobiles limited to themed race tracks. So like many at the time I assumed the Burton-mobile would be included, but that none of those Batmobiles would be usable in the main game.

Ugh, been busting my ass to get the riddler trophies and realized I still have around 80 to go. **** me!!! There is one riddler race one where you have to glide from the hospital to a tall building. I can't get anywhere close to the trophy before time is up. Pissing me off. I'm just not fast enough apparently.

This is testing my patience. I'm getting close to giving up and just watching the best ending on youtube.

You don't glide form the Hospital to the Building, you Drive to the building and use the Batmobile super eject, if you upgraded, to get close to the top and grapple the rest of the way. You should be able to snag it pretty easy.

I honestly don't understand all the bitching about the Batmobile DLC only being drivable on the [DLC] tracks. Isn't that EXACTLY what Rocksteady promised when they announced the DLC in the first place? In the full DLC description released a while ago, it says something like "Every Batmobile will be drivable on every TRACK" with zero mention of using DLC Batmobiles in the main story map. I get the feeling of disappointment for not getting to do something you would have liked to do, but not the idea that you were "teased" with it. They didn't break any promise here. It's not like they did a bait and switch.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I was expecting this, but it's still disappointing, on a certain level. You always have that little bit of hope that it might've been solicited incorrectly, and, I guess it's just seeing that it's actually real that really hits home. In all honesty, the thought of a WB Montreal Batman game is sounding more and more appealing to me, providing they don't **** the bed. Rocksteady's built a solid foundation with Arkham Knight. Between the Batmobile and the scale of the city, it's an amazing experience, but it's just shy of being "the ultimate Batman experience." I feel like that's to be expected, though, because they really did introduce a bunch of new and exciting things.

I guess my point is that I want a game that utilizes all of the great stuff that we got in Arkham Knight in a more balanced manner, and, if we get working vehicle skins in-game, then, that's cool, too. It's funny that everybody always brings up the Brownings in Battle Mode, but, in all honesty, all that I've been thinking about is how awesome it would be to perform a missile strike from the Barris Batmobile and watch a bunch of fireballs shoot out of the tailpipes like the "Anti-Theft Countermeasures.":lol

Do you have the grapnel boost upgrade? It helps a lot! Check the IGN wiki Arkham Knight. The description and videos for all the riddles are very helpulf.

I didn't think there was an upgrade. I will look. Thanks.

You don't glide form the Hospital to the Building, you Drive to the building and use the Batmobile super eject, if you upgraded, to get close to the top and grapple the rest of the way. You should be able to snag it pretty easy.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense. The video I watched online showed a dude gliding at what looked like superspeed and got there with like 13 seconds to go. I will definitely try the car tonight.

I didn't think there was an upgrade. I will look. Thanks.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense. The video I watched online showed a dude gliding at what looked like superspeed and got there with like 13 seconds to go. I will definitely try the car tonight.

No problem, I'll look into the gliding thing, that sounds weird...yet completely awesome. :lol

I love Jim Sterling :lol WB are exactly the same sort of greedy dic kheads as ubisoft. They only pulled the steam version because people were getting refunded.

Can't do battle mode? Perhaps go back and watch the two Keaton films again and then try and say that. Those movies INVENTED battle mode. Everying on the in game Batmobile came from those movies.

Rocket powered super speed, Check
Grappling hook/wench, Check
Mini guns, Check
Radar/Sonar, Check
Remote drive and stop before it hits and kills Batman, Check
Bombs, Check
Armor/Anti-theft, Check

The '89 and Returns car can do anything and everything that the in game car can do so it shouldn't be limited to tracks...

Heres a quick way i did is go down the man hole and turn to your left and grapple ur right there...

Heres a quick way i did is go down the man hole and turn to your left and grapple ur right there...

Wow. I think I spent 10 minutes on that one dive bombing around corners and such. I can't believe it would have been that easy.:lol

Worst Boss Fight in the Arkham games? I think So:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought this one was easy compared to the fn cloud burst and the fn cobra tanks...

I thought this one was easy compared to the fn cloud burst and the fn cobra tanks...

I will agree with you as far as difficulty. Those damn cobra tanks!! :mad: :lol

but as far as the other boss battle that was referenced, I will agree with the amount of crap in your way the whole time and the ability to get stuck on portion of a wall because of a small portion of it is jutting out. You get hung up and then crushed before you can back up and get away.

I will agree with you as far as difficulty. Those damn cobra tanks!! :mad: :lol

but as far as the other boss battle that was referenced, I will agree with the amount of crap in your way the whole time and the ability to get stuck on portion of a wall because of a small portion of it is jutting out. You get hung up and then crushed before you can back up and get away.

Yeah for sure but it only took me three or 4 tries compared to 20 to 30 on the cobra tanks....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ugh - I hated that boss fight! In fact, any 'boss fight' involving the Batmobile to be honest. BUT... I have been getting used to driving the Batmobile more and I'm really enjoying just cruising around the city in it now. I just hate it when the tanks show up and spoil that fun :lol

Off topic: Have I just stumbled into a Marvel Hot Toys site/forum? You'd think so with that banner on top :cuckoo:

Back