1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

well tell them to come to sideshowtoy.com then, plenty left since you are the only one who ordered that thing :)

Nope, it was ThreeA's best selling product, so they're creating a retail version with different packaging and minus the Snake figure :).

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I took one of mine almost completely apart. Besides the screws and the wiring, which contribute very little to the weight, the only significant metal piece I found was the rear axle. This thing is overwhelmingly made of plastic and rubber.

So it really is the rubber and plastic that causes it to weigh so much? Amazing!

I don't believe that the weight is that surprising though. These Batmobiles are HUGE!

Not sure if this got mentioned, but BBTS moved the arrival of the HT '89 Batmobile up to 2nd Qtr 2012. That's a pretty BIG jump in ETA. Wonder if it's a mistake.

Not sure if this got mentioned, but BBTS moved the arrival of the HT '89 Batmobile up to 2nd Qtr 2012. That's a pretty BIG jump in ETA. Wonder if it's a mistake.

02.jpg

Damn, if it's not a mistake, and Sideshow also updates and gives the option to flexpay sooner, it's gonna hurt a bit for me, because I've got two on pre-order.

But I will pay.

Curious. ForbiddenPlanet.com has this advertised as arriving 27 May 2012... I had assumed it was an error. Credit card be damned, this would be awesome news!

Maybe they put a rush on production since the "improved version" pics were released. I can't remember how long took the Tumbler to be released once it was announced, but I don't think it was over a year.

13 months actually.

Wow, that long huh? My memory isn't so great then, haha. It's still way less than the gap between the 1989 Batmobile reveal/announcement and May 2013.

Watchya Talkin About WillisJay

Just checked Toys2. They're still showing Q2 2013 as is Sideshow as most already know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Alter Ego shows 2nd Quarter 2013.

Just checked Toys2. They're still showing Q2 2013 as is Sideshow as most already know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Alter Ego shows 2nd Quarter 2013.

While I don't really want to get my hopes up that this will be released this year yet, it is Sunday night. If the release date has been moved up, maybe no one is at work at these e-tailers to update their pages yet.

While I don't really want to get my hopes up that this will be released this year yet, it is Sunday night. If the release date has been moved up, maybe no one is at work at these e-tailers to update their pages yet.

Stop planting these hopeful thoughts in my head. We still have over a year to wait.

I don't think they're going to push it up. They probably want to give people the time to save up enough to pay for this.

:exactly: If they release this along with the Tumbler, they will sell half of what they could sell. Besides SSC already scheduled this for 10 payments, I'm not sure if they can change the number of payments for they own, without asking to people who preordered using flexpay.

:exactly: If they release this along with the Tumbler, they will sell half of what they could sell. Besides SSC already scheduled this for 10 payments, I'm not sure if they can change the number of payments for they own, without asking to people who preordered using flexpay.

SSC has a good reputation of honoring their flex payment schedules. Even if something is scheduled to arrive earlier than expected, you can still keep your original plan. They won't change anything on your flex pay order, unless you contact them and request a change.

Back