baloo custom biomask for HT original Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PREDBIOMASK41T9.jpg
baloo, i see the lenses are without color. will they be the same on complete models or you'll use some transparent black plastic?

@ P.: Don't worry: when the mask will be ended, the lenses will be smoked (ie translucent black) as the original and as I mentioned in the description on the front page. :wink1:

@ Timo: Thank you my friend! :D
Where've you been? And your T1 dio? :impatient:

@ Sergiu: hehe... Thank youuuuuuuu! :lol

@ P.: Don't worry: when the mask will be ended, the lenses will be smoked (ie translucent black) as the original and as I mentioned in the description on the front page. :wink1:

@ Timo: Thank you my friend! :D
Where've you been? And your T1 dio? :impatient:

@ Sergiu: hehe... Thank youuuuuuuu! :lol

I showed everything in the T1 thread, man.
:lol

But here you go, link to my photobucket T1 photoline, starting with my dio:

https://s371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/Raenius101/Terminator/HT T1 T-800/

cool! thanks. sorry for my lack of attention :)

Small news of the day: I managed to contact by telephone my supplier this morning. He explained me that the delay was due to the Shows of Paris and Nuremberg. Normally he should send me my order today, what should bring us to Wednesday for the delivery.

Baloo

How did you punch resin into metal? Was the metal brass or tin? Very interested in your process and love the tutorials.

I haven't looked in on this thread in ages. Even setting aside the work thats involved in the project itself this thread is so professional and organised - just look at that first page! Then of course all the tutorials and updates, individual replies to just about everyone as far as I can see. Bravo!

I better check my paypal. I haven't used it or looked at my account since I started it specifically for this mask.

Many thanks guys! :bow

@ Oleg03: The punch was cast in white metal alloy, low temperature, lead free.
It stands at the center of the suction grid (created with a perforated lid) and tackled in position by the suction force of the vacuum cleaner.
A piece of sheet Rhodoïd* of 0.15 mm thick is then laid over the set and it is worn over an electric hotplate for a few seconds.
Under the effect of heat, the Rhodoïd softens and comes to match the shapes of the die as a result of aspiration.
And voila! :wink1:

(*) The Rhodoïd, created by Rhone-Poulenc in 1936, is a registered trademark to describe a plastic material based on cellulose acetate, transparent and non-combustible. His name is a contraction of Rhone-Poulenc and celluloid.

@ a-dev: Your compliments go straight to my heart.
Nobody's perfect (and that's fine like that!) because one thing I do not control very well, it's time that I tend not to see passing... Probably a consequence of being passionate?! :confused:
... But I try to do my best and get better every day. :D
It's quite flattering that you have created a Paypal account because of my mask, but believe me: it is a payment method very convenient and secured. Personally, I find it difficult to do without it now!

Told you man, NASA stuff right here. Baloo, you deserve a Nobel Peace Price.

You have brought peace to me, knowing that soon my P1 will look like he should. And I bet not just me, but everyone that has been following your work.

May the Lord be with you.

Amazing knowledge of products and application of that product to achieve a professional looking item, very impressive.

Back