AVP:Requiem - SPOILER THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't surprised either, but surprise doesn't matter to me unless it's moments like in ALIENS where the one warrior uncurls from the wall, stuff like that which really gets when you don't see it coming. A few guys having lasers blast their heads off doesn't do anything more for me when you don't expect it than it does when you do.

The only thing I expected and didn't get with this film was a kickass showdown duel. There was just so little to it, just a few whacks and then boom, over. Even after the tongue ripping, when I read that around here, I expected some hefty fighting but they were almost just making out or something it was weak. In AVP, scar would flail his mandibles and was really expressive in the fight and there was almost a dynamic between him and the Queen, but PA vs Wolf was like Wolf fighting a warrior, quick and over, which is too bad because it really could have been something.

Yeah Scar V Queen was awesome ****

Best moment was when the queen was chomping at that dumb chick and Scar came down from the air 360 style and shoved the spear through Queen's head, that was bad ass, that and the stare down just before they both died was cool too. Like I said, more dynamic, they were in each other's face, it felt more like a fight than Wolf-PA. Wolf almsot seemed like a retired Predator in that fight, like all he was really good for was cleanup and he got in over his head with the PA and just didn't have any fight left in him.

Although I haven't seen this yet, it sounds like Wolf vs PA is gonna be another Celtic vs Grid...

A few slashing noises, some very weak stone work and the alien flying around like he is being pushed...

Seriously, what was up with that???

Rolling allover the place...

Best moment was when the queen was chomping at that dumb chick and Scar came down from the air 360 style and shoved the spear through Queen's head, that was bad ass, that and the stare down just before they both died was cool too. Like I said, more dynamic, they were in each other's face, it felt more like a fight than Wolf-PA. Wolf almsot seemed like a retired Predator in that fight, like all he was really good for was cleanup and he got in over his head with the PA and just didn't have any fight left in him.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED how he charged at the PA i was kinda expecting him the barge him through a wall but he just got knocked back on his ass lol

It didn't help matters that the whole film looked to be shot in the dark, not film dark where there is a light hue that still allows to you see the action but reality darkness where you can't see ****. I think that was the most annoying of all....I went to a matinee showing that was about 40% full with a bunch of young teens in there and everyone left disappointed....some more vocal than others.

I guarantee this makes it out to DVD before we get Wolf Predator's HT Figure.

I've got one question after browsing these reviews since I haven't seen the movie. The "Wolf" Predator goes to earth to "clean up" the alien mess, and he uses standard Predator hunting weapons instead of the nuclear technology employed by every other Predator when its time to clean up a mess? I certainly don't expect any of these movies to be realistic but internal consistency is always nice.

I've got one question after browsing these reviews since I haven't seen the movie. The "Wolf" Predator goes to earth to "clean up" the alien mess, and he uses standard Predator hunting weapons instead of the nuclear technology employed by every other Predator when its time to clean up a mess? I certainly don't expect any of these movies to be realistic but internal consistency is always nice.

Well here's the thing. He does use the nuclear technology to take out the crashed ship, keeping consistent, but there are small ammounts of trace evidence scattered about to dispense and the idea is to leave as little a mark as possible, so nuking every little thing is just crazy. He uses traditional tactics to eliminate the Aliens and some new blue substance to do away with residue and bodies tied to the Predator and Alien activities.

He has to be discreet in COVERING UP the evidence of Predator/Alien existence. Imagine if the humans were to breed the Aliens that means the Predators cant hunt the humans as game anymore and imagine if the Aliens infested earth.. he cant allow that to happen also or the Human game will be wiped out forever.

It was all about discreetly hiding the existence of both species

It didn't help matters that the whole film looked to be shot in the dark, not film dark where there is a light hue that still allows to you see the action but reality darkness where you can't see ****. I think that was the most annoying of all....I went to a matinee showing that was about 40% full with a bunch of young teens in there and everyone left disappointed....some more vocal than others.

I guarantee this makes it out to DVD before we get Wolf Predator's HT Figure.

The DVD is slated for an April release, which is after the first quarter mark Wolf is supposed to be out.

If I have to wait for my figure that long, I'll ****ing off someone my-own-damn-self.

Well here's the thing. He does use the nuclear technology to take out the crashed ship, keeping consistent, but there are small ammounts of trace evidence scattered about to dispense and the idea is to leave as little a mark as possible, so nuking every little thing is just crazy. He uses traditional tactics to eliminate the Aliens and some new blue substance to do away with residue and bodies tied to the Predator and Alien activities.

All right that isn't so bad. Another question; the girl in the trailer that gets impaled to the wall with a shuriken, what was the deal with that? Did the movie give a good explanation as to why she was targeted by the Predator? She certainly didn't appear to meet the qualifications for worthy Predator "prey".

And when is Fox going to figure out that it was visionary directors that made the originals great? From what I'm reading even Michael Bay would have half a chance at salvaging the AVP franchise. In spite of the horrid reviews I still want to believe AVP:R could be entertaining but its really not sounding like it.

All right that isn't so bad. Another question; the girl in the trailer that gets impaled to the wall with a shuriken, what was the deal with that? Did the movie give a good explanation as to why she was targeted by the Predator? She certainly didn't appear to meet the qualifications for worthy Predator "prey".

She got in the way of a fight, I'll keep it at that for you, she wasn't a target though.

It was tragic, at least she was remotely some eye candy, the only saving grace of the human cast. I don't know if anyone knows, but the Sheriff had a bit role as Carlito's cousin in Carlito's Way, that's the only thing I've ever seen him in, gotta love the nobody casting.

So we basically need a NEW movie! no homage to anything! just get some balls and wright something new!! Hopefully the 3rd one will be like this! if theres any!

I Enjoyed the film. It was by no means a classic but I still had fun.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the film being dark. Perhaps it was the theater you were in because I did not have the problem. It was dark, yes, but in a good way. After Alein 4 and the first AVP, I felt we were seeing the Alien way to well. I like that this film kept them in the dark with some mistery.

I liked the chick from 24 because I like 24 and I liked the guy who got out of prison because he is on Rescue Me, another one of my fav. shows. So I had people to root for dispite the min. characterization.

I thought the Wolf was great. I also thought they handled the fight well with the Wolf and the Pred Alien. I thought it was good to keep the shots close up as we were just looking at two guys in monster suits. Get any far distance shots and you have a film that looks like two guys in suits.

Predator killed lots of Aliens and thats what I paid for.

Actually if this film was a half hour longer and took place in space on some other planet I would have LOVED this film. They got to get these films up into space.

I thought this film was MUCH better then the first AVP and I thought it was better than Alien Ressurection and Predator 2 (which has not aged well IMO).

Back