AVP:Requiem - SPOILER THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Im getting a cool Pred figure outta this mess from HT so its not a total loss for me.:rolleyes:

Meh. It was better than AVP, and that's All I had hoped for. Here's hoping the next one is better still, set it in the future, in space, and toss in a handfull of colonial marines, could be good.

I tried to go see this last night. My hometown cheezy theatres DIDN'T GET IT! :rolleyes:
So, about 5:30 I went and grabbed a buddy and we went 60 miles east to Brunswick GA to try to catch it, and when we arrived it was sold out.
Long drive to come out empty handed. Oh well, went by Steak & Shake and got shakes and headed home, dejected, but ready to try again soon.

It may not be all that much, but I still wanna see it. :D
Maybe we'll get it this weekend.

Try and erase the trailer from your mind bro and youll enjoy it more, otherwise no killing will be a surprise or have a wow factor :p

When he said "get to the chopper" - There was probably 10 people. including myself who all did the Arnold impression, of "Get to the chopper, DO IT NOW!" - half the theater then busted out laughing.

Seeing a movie that was sold out, with the audience into it was a really cool experience.

-And I don't care what anyone says, that movie was ****ing awesome.

Considering I went with a group that half pro-alien, a quarter who just wanted to see gore, and the other quarter pro-predator... it made for a really fun evening.

Especially about who would have possibly survived if not for the government; and I still say Wolf could have walked away, he was impaled earlier in the movie and kept goin like a champ.

In any event, that movie made my Christmas. If I could hang with one fake movie creature for a day, I'd just let Wolf blow my head off... when the dual plasma caster shot hit the two people in the store, the whole theater let out a "OHHHH" which was followed by a "damn", "****", or "****!"

If anyone cares, on AvPGalaxy's forum, they have a Q&A with Colin Strause thread. It's locked (so it doesn't get flooded), but they unlock it when he is on there.

Frustrating thing was the final battle was so obscured by ****ty camera work you couldnt see crap except for the close up when they clinch leading up to the impaling/tongue rip

"mommy, are all the monsters gone"?

This isn't aimed at just this quote, but most of the ones people have made fun of. The one above, the kid was probably 8. If that was a real life situation, do you actually think a child's still developing mind could rationalize that? One of the things had already eaten her father in front of her. So, it was a monster in her eyes. She wanted her mother to reassure her that everything was over. There was nothing unrealistic about that.

The chopper quote, if it hadn't been in Predator, would you even be bringing it up? Dallas (yes, I realize that's a throwback to Alien as well) was willing to sacrifice himself, while everyone else was too busy arguing and NOT moving. You would have said the same thing.

"We need to get some guns." Okay, I will admit naming the town Gunnison was a little much. However, I grew to accept "Raccoon City" so I can live with Gunnison as well. Point being, if you were in that town when hell broke loose, you would be thinking the same thing.

I'm not going to insult your intelligence by claiming the screenplay was Oscar caliber. But it wasn't as bad as some of you want people to believe. Just because a name, line, etc. is an homage to the past films doesn't make it stupid or unrealistic.

I tried to go see this last night. My hometown cheezy theatres DIDN'T GET IT! :rolleyes:
So, about 5:30 I went and grabbed a buddy and we went 60 miles east to Brunswick GA to try to catch it, and when we arrived it was sold out.
Long drive to come out empty handed. Oh well, went by Steak & Shake and got shakes and headed home, dejected, but ready to try again soon.

It may not be all that much, but I still wanna see it. :D
Maybe we'll get it this weekend.

Movietickets.com. C'mon Les....don't you watch the endless parade of commercials before the movie? Never be greeted by a sold out sign again.:D

I dont think so, it was just a Ripley/Newt scene plain and simple

Ahh ... so it was fine when Newt said it, but it makes no sense with the other child ... right :rolleyes:

You seem like a cool guy Jamal, but even you have to realize that logic is a crock of ... "chocolate" ... :monkey3

I do like spotting little homages or references to other films....... saw Aliens 1-4 last night and picked up on a few things in Alien 3........see if you can spot the prop used in the openning few mintes of Alien that was also on the desk of Andrews, played by Brian Glover...:rolleyes:

Back