AVP:R Inside the Monster Shop Book "What you DIDN'T know..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The skinned predators are BS though, it's obviously hunting culture not instinct so why would the predalien do it? I heard he ripps out spines to, again same point (not to mention the dreads). Well, it came from those two hacks (Strauses) so no surprise there.

Actually, I agree. I think boning and skinning is a learned thing.
Unless it suggests that the PA observed some of the activities on the ship before attacking. It does suggest regardless, that the PA is intelligent.
Whatever. This stuff ain't high art and continuity was lost a long time ago...
Sadly.
I still enjoy the AVP movies for what they are, SOMETHING in a barren wasteland of otherswise no Preds and ALiens. I would really love, and prefer, to see a "real" P3 and an A5 anytime.

The skinned predators are BS though, it's obviously hunting culture not instinct so why would the predalien do it? I heard he ripps out spines to, again same point (not to mention the dreads). Well, it came from those two hacks (Strauses) so no surprise there.

I still don't get what is wrong with the dreadlocks... I mean, take a look at their heads, even at the full sized models of their skulls, those dreadlocks have sockets they grow out of. If an Alien takes the traits and develops mandibles, it seems pretty damn likely to have some odd formation of dreadlocks too.

And to Grangewallis, BRING ON A FEMALE PREDATOR! WOO!

Actually, I agree. I think boning and skinning is a learned thing.
Unless it suggests that the PA observed some of the activities on the ship before attacking. It does suggest regardless, that the PA is intelligent.
Whatever. This stuff ain't high art and continuity was lost a long time ago...
Sadly.
I still enjoy the AVP movies for what they are, SOMETHING in a barren wasteland of otherswise no Preds and ALiens. I would really love, and prefer, to see a "real" P3 and an A5 anytime.

Maybe its memories passed down to the PA From the Predator, like Ripley and the Queen shared memories and traits passed down to eachother in Alien Resurrection

Maybe its memories passed down to the PA From the Predator, like Ripley and the Queen shared memories and traits passed down to eachother in Alien Resurrection

I've often wondered if that was possible. Never shown directly, but possible. I mean, this is Sci-Fi....again, it ain't top drawer drama stuff here. I know these are not spot on best work, but I enjoy them nonetheless. And, at least we are getting new stuff. Better than NOTHING....
That's my feeling anyway.
But yeah, inherited memory is a possible excuse. Maybe it was operating on automatic...sorta...kinda....

:dunno

I still don't get what is wrong with the dreadlocks... I mean, take a look at their heads, even at the full sized models of their skulls, those dreadlocks have sockets they grow out of. If an Alien takes the traits and develops mandibles, it seems pretty damn likely to have some odd formation of dreadlocks too.

And to Grangewallis, BRING ON A FEMALE PREDATOR! WOO!

i LOVE the predaliens design. very menacing.:monkey5

The one predator mask in the lower corner (white with black mouth) looks creepy! Those claws look like they're from a Kenner/Hasbro figure. And a lot of the Hybrid designs look better than the final. I like the long dreads on the one (though it looks feminine) and the Marquette with the lower jaws in the front looks very Predator with a splice of alien (or vice versa). That would have been so much better and the dreads look cooler, too. Almost spike-ish. The one they used looks pretty stupid now compared to what could have been.

DSCN6063.jpg

I love the unique masks they come up with sometimes, but I'm kinda glad this wasn't used, it seems a bit over the top compared to some of the variant designs they've had.

It looks too over the top for me, you cant really define his face and get a clear look of the structure of the bio. It kinda looks like something from 300 from the Immortals:lol

I just bought this book and the AVP 1 book from Amazon for $35.00 shipped. I can't wait to get more insight on these characters of badassery. :cool:

I was thinking of buying a paperback version also, i was gonna cut it up and frame the badass pics in a really big frame like nice collage

Back