Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Untitled 4th Avengers film (May 3rd, 2019)

The Russos haven't delivered a single Mary Sue after directing three films so regardless of how the standalone Captain Marvel turns out I have no reason to be worried about IW2. Did they make Thor a joke just because Ragnarok was a comedy?

Any character that gets "Russo-ized" *always* gets an upgrade. Hell they made BP cooler than he turned out in his own movie.

Man did you trigger jye Otomofan. :lol

That’s nothing compared to how triggered I get when I see Luke Skywalker getting trashed lol

The Russos haven't delivered a single Mary Sue after directing three films so regardless of how the standalone Captain Marvel turns out I have no reason to be worried about IW2. Did they make Thor a joke just because Ragnarok was a comedy?

Any character that gets "Russo-ized" *always* gets an upgrade. Hell they made BP cooler than he turned out in his own movie.

Bingo!

Especially since the Russo’s and their 2 writers have already indirectly confirmed that CM will NOT be the simple solution to the Thanos problem.

Supposedly Brie Larson was attracted to the role because it wasn’t a Mary Sue situation well that and the money lol

Remember when Shuri was going to solve everything in IW how did that turn out lol

Isn't Captain Marvel basically just Iron Man without a suit anyway? She flies (like Iron Man,) can take superpowered hits without dying (like Iron Man,) and shoot blasts from her hands (like Iron Man.) I don't see how she can singlehandedly turn the tide any more than he did.

Oto has nothing to worry about...

C910FE95-715D-4C94-8D52-451DB613DC29.jpeg

It was fantastic, don't get me wrong, but that's cause it had the benefit of being the culmination of ten years worth of interlocking movies coming together. It got to start RIGHT in the action and not let up, full throttle, for the whole thing. No need for character development either cause we already know (and love) all of the characters already. A wonderful thrill ride of a movie

I see no problem. The overall franchise earned its right to have a film like this. That's a good thing.

I disagree seein' as think IW was a massive and unexpected disappointment. Not Mary Sue, but way too much a commercial for the upcoming MCU. and while IMO Black Panther has flaws - watching IW, (and seeing the intelligent and guilt-filled Banner treated like a buffoon and the Russos blow off most of Team Cap) and some IMO horribly boring lines, fan service....at least Coogler took his characters seriously. (But, IW1 has given me a whole new appreciation for Avengers and Ultron, which at least gave the characters time to breath and had some nice lines.)

So yeah, why wouldn't IW2 have the same issues that bothered me in IW1? It's the same company that trotted out posters with Steve Rogers slapped across them as a main character and gave him, what, 6 minutes of screen time total? After not being on screen since 2016? *Lies*

Feige's got the job of making sure money keeps rolling into Disney, so he's gotta make sure CM has an audience. That she's IMPORTANT. If it were up to me these films pretty much would've revolved around the Avengers and co. w. maybe CM just a hint in a credit scene - characters already on the board "using their wit and their will" to defeat Thanos. IMO the desperation and complete hopelessness of that would've made a great, gutwrenching, film - a real end game. You know, characters that are the bedrock of the MCU that I actually care about.

But here's Captain Marvel rammed in to jog things along - so much POWAH:bunnydanc! So yeah, if folks loved IW1 figure they will be on board for IW2. Me, I'm still missing Valkyrie and Bucky and Cap actually talking to each other, maybe, or Wanda really coming into her own. Think the Russos and writers were having way too much fun working with characters they hadn't had a chance to work with before, and cramming anyone else in as they can, or not including them at all - saying "u already know these characters" didn't cut it.:mad:

Or even a tiny scene of any "ordinary people", pretty much, who might've been affected by the whole mess. The writers saying "IW2 isn't what you think it is" doesn't make me feel any better. IW1 wasn't what I thought it would be, or what the marketing was, either.:(
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/adambvary/avengers-infinity-war-ending-explained-spoilers

Isn't Captain Marvel basically just Iron Man without a suit anyway? She flies (like Iron Man,) can take superpowered hits without dying (like Iron Man,) and shoot blasts from her hands (like Iron Man.) I don't see how she can singlehandedly turn the tide any more than he did.

She’s closer to Superman than Iron Man

I disagree seein' as think IW was a massive and unexpected disappointment. Not Mary Sue, but way too much a commercial for the upcoming MCU. and while IMO Black Panther has flaws - watching IW, (and seeing the intelligent and guilt-filled Banner treated like a buffoon and the Russos blow off most of Team Cap) and some IMO horribly boring lines, fan service....at least Coogler took his characters seriously. (But, IW1 has given me a whole new appreciation for Avengers and Ultron, which at least gave the characters time to breath and had some nice lines.)

So yeah, why wouldn't IW2 have the same issues that bothered me in IW1? It's the same company that trotted out posters with Steve Rogers slapped across them as a main character and gave him, what, 6 minutes of screen time total? After not being on screen since 2016? *Lies*

Feige's got the job of making sure money keeps rolling into Disney, so he's gotta make sure CM has an audience. That she's IMPORTANT. If it were up to me these films pretty much would've revolved around the Avengers and co. w. maybe CM just a hint in a credit scene - characters already on the board "using their wit and their will" to defeat Thanos. IMO the desperation and complete hopelessness of that would've made a great, gutwrenching, film - a real end game. You know, characters that are the bedrock of the MCU that I actually care about.

But here's Captain Marvel rammed in to jog things along - so much POWAH:bunnydanc! So yeah, if folks loved IW1 figure they will be on board for IW2. Me, I'm still missing Valkyrie and Bucky and Cap actually talking to each other, maybe, or Wanda really coming into her own. Think the Russos and writers were having way too much fun working with characters they hadn't had a chance to work with before, and cramming anyone else in as they can, or not including them at all - saying "u already know these characters" didn't cut it.:mad:

Or even a tiny scene of any "ordinary people", pretty much, who might've been affected by the whole mess. The writers saying "IW2 isn't what you think it is" doesn't make me feel any better. IW1 wasn't what I thought it would be, or what the marketing was, either.:(

Thank god im not the only one who didn't love this. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot to be entertained by here in terms of fights. But for me what makes these films truly great isn't seeing how many cameos they can cram on screen or how "epic" the fight scenes can get, but the fact that I genuinely care about these characters.

Scenes like Thor and Loki arguing on the cliff during TA, the party at Avengers Tower during AOU, or Peggy Carter's funeral in CW may slow down the plot, but they also let us get to know these characters so we have a reason to care when the action starts. This film really was lacking in that, and important characters like Captain America were basically just there to fight. Even just an extra 10 minutes of downtime for character development really could have done wonders for this film.

Probably the only criticism I've seen that I might agree with is about Banner, how they've made him a bit of a goofball between Ragnorok and Infinity War.

Thank god im not the only one who didn't love this. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot to be entertained by here in terms of fights. But for me what makes these films truly great isn't seeing how many cameos they can cram on screen or how "epic" the fight scenes can get, but the fact that I genuinely care about these characters.

Scenes like Thor and Loki arguing on the cliff during TA, the party at Avengers Tower during AOU, or Peggy Carter's funeral in CW may slow down the plot, but they also let us get to know these characters so we have a reason to care when the action starts. This film really was lacking in that, and important characters like Captain America were basically just there to fight. Even just an extra 10 minutes of downtime for character development really could have done wonders for this film.

The Russo’s gave us 2 back to back movies centered on CA and he is poised to be one of the main characters in IW2 so him taking a backseat in IW1 made perfect sense.

I mean you’re complaining about Cap taking a backseat for half of a movie since IW1 and IW2 are literally the same movie :lol

We are talking about 30 main characters here IW is not Superman 78 or Batman 89 with just ONE HERO to focus on!

The shared connected universe means just that a shared connected universe.

Sharing is caring lol

Probably the only criticism I've seen that I might agree with is about Banner, how they've made him a bit of a goofball between Ragnorok and Infinity War.

It could be worse right now there are 13 year olds saying that The Predator is better than the boring 87 version lol

Try as I may to indoctrinate my son into the OT camp he says they’re just not as exciting as the PT. :gah:

Looks like a blonde Kylo ren

:lol :lol

It does :lol

I like his new colorful IX costume lol

Last edited:

Yeah, I know JAWS was fine with Banner taking a back seat in IW1 just like I'm fine with Cap's role because we fully expect the Russos to deliver in Part II.

Cap might not have been the most prominent member of IW1 but he still had some of the best moments in the movie.

His hair and beard was enough for me. :lol

I just don’t get those IW complaints of certain characters taking a back seat.

Just based off what Feige was saying in 08 I knew to put on my seatbelt because the ride was going to be all over the place.

But even then Cap made out alright.

FA: Cap centric
TWS: Cap centric
CW: Cap centric
Avengers: Cap centric enough
IW1: Not Cap centric
IW2: Cap centric ie; HOLY CRAP DID HE JUST DIE! :lol

Cap even had great cameos in Thor 2 and SH!

Cap even had great cameos in Thor 2 and SH!

That's right, lol.

I can't believe what the Russos accomplished.

"Okay guys make a movie featuring:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Spider-Man
Doctor Strange
Loki
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
Bucky
Star-Lord
Gamora
Drax
Groot
Rocket
Nebula
Mantis
War Machine
Black Panther
Shuri

Yes that's right over 20 major players plus Thanos and his crew and give them all important roles to play out organically yet satisfyingly."

Are you effing kidding me?!?

And they did it.

Oh yeah and they introduced a giant Peter Dinklage and made him sweet too, lol.

And now in TOTALLY unrelated news I just secured a "bucket list" showing of CTB in 4K next week. HELL YEAH! :rock :rock

ctb.jpg

I watched CTB with Randy from NECA :lol

Absolutely spectacular on the big screen as was revisiting First Blood and Die Hard.

Yep, can't wait! That CTB score! :drool

I saw Die Hard four times on the big screen in '88 but see that a couple theaters in my area have "30th anniversary" showings this month.

Big screen CTB has eluded me until now, but no longer!

Last edited:
Back