Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking again today about the Russo's explanation for why they chose not to have Hulk bust out of Hulkbuster in Infinity War - something about that hero-moment clashing with the tone of the end of the film? Am I forgetting something?

Assuming I'm not forgetting some key component of what they said - how does that make sense? By that logic NO ONE should have had any hero moments in the battle of Wakanda. In what way would Hulk's return have been any different than Thor's? Thor came back and started laying major smackdown on Thanos' army and was decimating those (crash)Landing ship things by just flying through them - audiences loved it - and then despite all that he still lost. So why would it have been any different if Hulk had reemerged, killed the big Black Order guy but then was subsequently brushed aside by Thanos in exactly the same way that Banner in the Hulkbuster was?

Yep I've thought about that too and I agree. Banner's "fine I'll do it myself" and then sending the Black Order dude up into the shield *was* a hero moment, so why couldn't he have simply done it as Professor Hulk? :dunno

Here’s the thing though I prefer Banner having his heroic moment in IW instead of Hulk breaking out of the HB (I didn’t feel that way opening night though) BUT ONLY if Hulk had his big moment in EG what a great arc that would’ve been.

The question then remains, does Hulk IG snap count as his BIG moment?

Does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would have preferred just regular Hulk. But if they really insisted on Professor Hulk they could still have done that between movies exactly as they did.

I think the thought was that, had Hulk broken out of Hulkbuster, he then would've had to get his ass kicked AGAIN by Thanos shortly thereafter. They didn't want Hulk getting beaten by the same guy twice in the same movie.
I would've been OK with a second beating, because I wanted to see him smash out of the Hulkbuster and beat the piss out of Cull Obsidian. Plus, I would've understood had Thanos beaten him a second time, because at least this time, he would've had the fully-powered gauntlet.
But, at the same time, I understand their way of thinking.

I prefer 08 hulk over anything that came after. That hulk was a savage. He would of tried to kick thanos ass and not run like a *****. He got stronger the ladder he got to which is what the hulk should be

Here’s the thing though I prefer Banner having his heroic moment in IW BUT ONLY if Hulk had his big moment in EG what a great arc that would’ve been.

The question then remains, does Hulk IG snap count as his BIG moment?

Does it.

It's a huge accomplishment. He brought half of the universe back from the dead, but the accomplishment was undercut by several factors. One, immediately pointing out his failure to bring back Black Widow from the dead, Thanos immediately showing up and blowing up the place, and finally, not showing countless people and aliens all over the universe reappearing to illustrate the magnitude of Hulk's "heroic" moment, similarly to how the people were shown disappearing when Thanos and Tony used the gauntlet in their "big" moment, which are more memorable than Hulk's.

It's a huge accomplishment. He brought half of the universe back from the dead, but the accomplishment was undercut by several factors. One, immediately pointing out his failure to bring back Black Widow from the dead, Thanos immediately showing up and blowing up the place, and finally, not showing countless people and aliens all over the universe reappearing to illustrate the magnitude of Hulk's "heroic" moment, similarly to how the people were shown disappearing when Thanos and Tony used the gauntlet in their "big" moment, which are more memorable than Hulk's.

That's one reason that SMFFH is a nice epilogue. It not only gives Stark his "passing of the torch" moment (like Cap and Thor got in EG) but it also shows footage of people humorously reappearing and then the continuation of major characters' lives (Peter and his friends) as a direct result of Banner's snap.

He got stronger the ladder he got ...

giphy.gif

I think the thought was that, had Hulk broken out of Hulkbuster, he then would've had to get his ass kicked AGAIN by Thanos shortly thereafter. They didn't want Hulk getting beaten by the same guy twice in the same movie.
I would've been OK with a second beating, because I wanted to see him smash out of the Hulkbuster and beat the piss out of Cull Obsidian. Plus, I would've understood had Thanos beaten him a second time, because at least this time, he would've had the fully-powered gauntlet.
But, at the same time, I understand their way of thinking.

I wouldn't even call it getting his ass kicked again though. It would simply be the same thing that happened to Hulkbuster. That wasn't an asskicking as such.

The main miss is not getting to see Hulk fight and dominate Cull Obsidian - we had been deprived of that earlier in the film, the first time Hulk refused to emerge.

I wouldn't even call it getting his ass kicked again though. It would simply be the same thing that happened to Hulkbuster. That wasn't an asskicking as such.

The main miss is not getting to see Hulk fight and dominate Cull Obsidian - we had been deprived of that earlier in the film, the first time Hulk refused to emerge.

I agree. My only complaint with Infinity War is that we didn't get to see Hulk burst out of the Hulkbuster and destroy someone. All of the toys got my expectations up.

True, though I'm able to be fine with it since it was still Banner at least who killed Cull at the end of IW (just not as Hulk) and after Thanos' beat down in IW Banner/Hulk got the ultimate revenge (way more than simply beating up Thanos) by literally undoing Thanos' entire destiny/life's purpose when he reversed the snap.

True, though I'm able to be fine with it since it was still Banner at least who killed Cull at the end of IW (just not as Hulk) and after Thanos' beat down in IW Banner/Hulk got the ultimate revenge (way more than simply beating up Thanos) by literally undoing Thanos' entire destiny/life's purpose when he reversed the snap.

Damn dude when you put it that way it really becomes nearly impossible to hate Professor Hulk and his so called “broken arc”.

I think you just did a Luke exhaust port without the need for Obi-Wan.

Then Giant Man stepped on him in Endgame [emoji23]

Damn dude when you put it that way it really becomes nearly impossible to hate Professor Hulk and his so called “broken arc”.

I think you just did a Luke exhaust port without the need for Obi-Wan.

:lol :yess:

Thor learned that getting revenge on Thanos by attacking him was meaningless. Even Thanos himself didn't care when he watched himself get beheaded. Nothing mattered except the snap, and Banner/Hulk alone took that from him.

Thor learned that getting revenge on Thanos by attacking him was meaningless. Even Thanos himself didn't care when he watched himself get beheaded. Nothing mattered except the snap, and Banner/Hulk alone took that from him.

Good try Stephen Mcfeely! Only you could provide that info lololol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fair point but the catharsis is incomplete since Thanos didn't know and didn't care who undid it, at that point he just wanted to **** everyone up.

Another thing I pondered today - when Thanos carried out the original snap did he wipe out half of his own loyal minions/armies/supporters? And if so did they know that was going to happen? No one thought ''hey this is potentially a really crap deal for me....''

Good try Stephen Mcfeely! Only you could provide that info lololol

:lol :lol

Fair point but the catharsis is incomplete since Thanos didn't know and didn't care who undid it, at that point he just wanted to **** everyone up.

True but that Thanos also had no memory of ever beating up the Hulk either so I'd say the important thing was that Banner himself knew that he undid Thanos' life purpose. I'm not saying that more crowd pleasing Hulk out moments would have been bad, only that I'm at least fine with what did play out on screen.

Another thing I pondered today - when Thanos carried out the original snap did he wipe out half of his own loyal minions/armies/supporters? And if so did they know that was going to happen? No one thought ''hey this is potentially a really crap deal for me....''

I would say yes that no one was spared the coin toss of the snap. In fact I think its even likely that the 50/50 applied to Thanos himself and that he just happened to be with the half who survived.

Back