Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I’ve seen the bootlegged tony snap scenes on YouTube many times now. And in different resolutions

So did Tony as a backup make a Nano option on his Mark 85 to have the stones fit on his 85 glove . I always thought he used the Nano gauntlet he made but Thanos had the Nano gauntlet in the end that Hulk used right?

I thought it was odd how Tony had the the stones grip onto his regular glove for the snap. Could that also be the reason he got fried as well as the initial gamma energy the Nano gauntlet gave to Hulk and Thanos :dunno

Would’ve Tony still died if he used the original Nano gauntlet

Think there was a vid of RDJ saying mark 85 was created to "do the job" instead of self-preservation. So it's most likely the nanites were programmed to be able to absorb and utilize the stones as a last resort.

'Doctor Strange's Magical Mystery Tour' and The Living Tribunal:

For his appearance in Infinity War, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige didn't want to lose the trippy, Jim Starlin-inspired aspects of Doctor Strange. That led to Markus & McFeely adding a scene unofficially known as Dr. Strange's Magical Mystery Tour.

During the team-up showdown on Titan, Strange hit Thanos in the head, pushing his Astral body through time and space - which would have resembled what the Ancient One did to Strange at the start of his solo film.

During his flight, Thanos witnesses his many crimes throughout his lifetime, and eventually lands in front of The Living Tribunal, a four-faced cosmic entity that keeps balance among all of the Marvel multiverse's realities. The Tribunal judges Thanos guilty, but the Mad Titan eventually figures out it’s all “smoke and mirrors” on the part of Strange and returns to the battle on Titan.

Ultimately the character was cut because, as Markus explained, “If that guy exists, why is Thanos really a problem?” He added, “We were in the middle of a really fast-paced fight, so to stop it for an LSD trip kind of sucked the air out of it.”

Thor's Original Adventure (Which "Sucked Rocks"):

Thor’s mission in Infinity War was originally different and, as McFeely put it, it “sucked rocks.” The writers said this was their biggest moment of panic in their time working for Marvel - at one point in 2016 nobody at the studio was happy with what the writers had for Thor’s character in those early drafts. Thor’s mission would have involved him battling with a giant serpent, but was “much too adventure-related, and insufficiently character-based,” Markus explained.

“It was dark for a long time because we hadn’t done well enough,” McFeely said, adding that any other production company would have fired them at that point. But unlike other studios, they said, Marvel realises first drafts are first drafts, and will work on them with writers. Eventually Markus and McFeely created Thor's journey to create Stormbreaker, and the old journey was jettisoned.

The Birth of Smart Hulk:

Much of Bruce Banner's journey through Infinity War centres around the fact that the Hulk refuses to emerge, but the original draft brought a resolution to that journey. Scenes that saw Bruce and Hulk reach inner peace and become Smart Hulk - who appeared in Endgame - were written and even shot, and included him battling Cull Obsidian.

But it didn't work out. “It was completely the wrong tone for that moment in the movie,” Markus explained, and the scenes were cut. Scenes featuring Smart Hulk in Endgame had already been shot, which meant the story had to be tweaked - the writers found their solution in Endgame's five-year gap, which allowed Bruce and Hulk's resolution to happen offscreen.

Cap and Red Skull Team Up:

While the scene was never written, the writers’ original “manifesto document” for the two movies included a "theory" that saw Cap go into space to recover some of the Infinity Stones. That would have seen him head to Vormir to collect the Soul Stone, where he encountered his old foe Red Skull in his new role as the keeper of the stone.

This would have led to Cap and Red Skull being forced to work together - Red Skull knew more about them, and Cap had the strength to take them. It became a sort of team-up, with Red Skull serving what Markus and McFeely called a 'Gollum role'.

Thanos Kills The Past Avengers:

One early plan for Endgame had Past Thanos emerge from the Avengers' time machine holding the decapitated head of 2012's Captain America! After sending Nebula to tinker with the machine, this version of Thanos didn't bide his time - he went to Earth in 2012, destroyed it, and killed all of its Avengers. Think of it as practice.

The plan included a shot that included the corpse of Giant Man in the background at one point - Markus said they were borrowing a bit from Old Man Logan for that.

Tony Stark Had Far More Last Words:

Markus and McFeely initially wrote a lot more for Tony to say before he died, wrapping up his character's journey more neatly. However, someone didn't agree with that resolution: “Robert did not want to say them”, explained Markus. It was Robert Downey Jr.’s idea to scale his dialogue way, way back and have him not really say anything.

It worked better, the writers explained, because we’ve seen Tony talk and talk for a decade so for him to now be silent was far more impactful. We'd tend to agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fascinating stuff! :clap

I'm sure JAWS would have vary much preferred that alternate scene with Cap's head, lol.

That was from their SDCC panel btw.

A decapitated Cap would’ve definitely traumatized the kids hell forget the kids it would’ve traumatized you! :rotfl

'Doctor Strange's Magical Mystery Tour' and The Living Tribunal:

For his appearance in Infinity War, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige didn't want to lose the trippy, Jim Starlin-inspired aspects of Doctor Strange. That led to Markus & McFeely adding a scene unofficially known as Dr. Strange's Magical Mystery Tour.

During the team-up showdown on Titan, Strange hit Thanos in the head, pushing his Astral body through time and space - which would have resembled what the Ancient One did to Strange at the start of his solo film.

During his flight, Thanos witnesses his many crimes throughout his lifetime, and eventually lands in front of The Living Tribunal, a four-faced cosmic entity that keeps balance among all of the Marvel multiverse's realities. The Tribunal judges Thanos guilty, but the Mad Titan eventually figures out it’s all “smoke and mirrors” on the part of Strange and returns to the battle on Titan.

Ultimately the character was cut because, as Markus explained, “If that guy exists, why is Thanos really a problem?” He added, “We were in the middle of a really fast-paced fight, so to stop it for an LSD trip kind of sucked the air out of it.”

It would have been cool to see TLT, but it might have been too confusing and out of place in what was a simple fight sequence. Maybe TLT will show up in Dr Strange 2.

As far as, “If that guy exists, why is Thanos really a problem?” TLT didn't stop Thanos in the comic...so he didn't have to stop Thanos in a movie. :dunno That's a lame excuse to no have a character in the MCU. By that logic, then there can't be any other cosmic entities in the MCU.

Thanos killing the past Avengers as practice is something Thanos would do....instead of recklessly going straight into the future to fight an enemy that he might not be familiar with.

No need to wait for the BW movie to see her fight TM it’s in the game:

https://youtu.be/Fy6a9g59HyE

Wut?

Um....why does Thor need to land a bunch a shots to take down some guys with guns? :lol One hit from Thor should either make a human explode into a million pieces or send him flying a thousand feet.

Marvel chief Kevin Feige and his team announced the milestone when taking the stage at Comic-Con late Saturday afternoon in San Diego.

“A huge congratulations to the Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Studios teams, and thank you to the fans around the world who lifted Avengers: Endgame to these historic heights," Disney Studios co-chairman and chief creative officer Alan Horn said in a statement.

Through Friday, Avengers: Endgame's global gross was $2.789.2 billion, $500,000 behind Avatar's $2.789.7 billion. The gap will be closed on Saturday or Sunday once weekend box office grosses are tallied (last weekend, Endgame brought in $2.8 million globally).

At the end of last weekend, Endgame trailed Avatar by $7 million, at least on paper. In recent days, however, Disney found additional money when reconciling the movie's final global earnings, a process that occurs at the end of any film's run. That's in addition to $2 million or more from weekday ticket sales.

As fate would have it, Avatar is now part of the Mouse House empire following Disney's acquisition of much of 21st Century Fox in late March.

"Of course, even with the passage of a decade, the impact of James Cameron’s Avatar remains as powerful as ever, and the astonishing achievements of both of these films are ongoing proof of the power of movies to move people and bring them together in a shared experience," Horn continued in his statement. "The talented filmmakers behind these worlds have much more in store, and we look forward to the future of both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Pandora.”

Avengers: Endgame has shattered numerous records since debuting in cinemas in late April.

Among other achievements, the superhero extravaganza scored the biggest global opening of all time with $1.22 billion, including an all-time high of $357.1 million domestically and $866.5 million overseas.

:lol :lol :lol

The Cameron has fallen. I can't believe that I lived to see Captain America starring in the highest grossing film of all time. :thud:

Watchu mean the best is yet to come.

Yet Disney will somehow screw this up with marvel because they woke lolol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:lol :lol :lol

The Cameron has fallen. I can't believe that I lived to see Captain America starring in the highest grossing film of all time. :thud:

CA is in the # 1 movie of all time freaking crazy!

From 90’s Cap movie to this lol

Poor WB they asked Routh to play Superman again there is no one left lol

They must really hate Cavill to show DCEU Superman in Shazam with no head!

Last edited:
Back